Cultural assimilation - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By fuser
Cricket Test can be confusing, Canadian Cricket team is 90%+ south asians. lol Good number of English team has south asian players too and there never has been any controversy that these players was not giving their 100% against their native country's team. Basically south asians are nuts about Cricket, carribean was too but now they have given up on cricket. Its probably one of those rare good things about British Empire. :p

Anyway, Australians cheated and caught once again, yup this thread has been hijacked now, where is Unbalanced Zealot?
By mikema63
@Political Interest do you see isolating people from other cultures from each other as a necessary policy for assimilation?

I agree that issues in the education system are going to ultimately be at the center of the issue. Personally I think the state should have a monopoly on k-12 education and forcefully mix school populations.
mikema63 wrote:@Political Interest do you see isolating people from other cultures from each other as a necessary policy for assimilation?

I agree that issues in the education system are going to ultimately be at the center of the issue. Personally I think the state should have a monopoly on k-12 education and forcefully mix school populations.

Not necessarily. I think it is possible for people from other cultures to have emigre or foreign communities in other countries. These can be very active and very closely bound communities of certain ethnicities.

The main issue ensuring they are kept happy and that their presence does not become too large. For example, if you have 200,000 Cambodians living in Germany and these people all earn high salaries and are well disposed towards Germany, there will not be any problems. However if you have 2,000,000 Cambodians in Germany and they have low salaries and have negative feelings about country, assimilation will be very difficult. There is also the issue of natural xenophobia that exists in any country. If this is not managed the assimilation of migrants will be made even more troublesome. I do not think the UK was historically a very easy place for people to settle, in this respect, for example.

It really is a question of numbers and economic conditions.
By mikema63
Let's say all else being equal is the raw number of foreigners importing or the ratio of the foreign to the domestic population? Is there a difference between 2,000,000 Cambodians and 10 groups of 200,000 people from different countries?

Or would you say that the incomes and living conditions of these communities is more important than the actual numbers or ratios?

I'm going to assume that their disposition is largely going to be a product of their living conditions except in the case of groups that would perceive the host country as being at war with either their country, ethnicity, or religion. So African Americans have a different culture than European Americans because of the entire history of race relations in the united states leading to poverty and the often true perception that there was an antagonism towards their ethnicity. (massive simplification, to be sure, since there are dozens of regional cultures in the United States that exist for all kinds of reasons)

Would you say that a generous welfare system, housing, and jobs would be sufficient to assimilate any number of people as long as they could keep up?
mikema63 wrote:Just something I want to get clear on.

I'll preface this with the fact that I'm not necessarily opposed to assimilation nor do I necessarily support it. I'm on the fence about it.

What are the criteria that need to be looked for before someone can be declared culturally assimilated?

The criteria must be based on groups, since there is also some variation within the host society group. The immigrant group should on average become very similar or equal in terms of values, attitudes and outlook to the average native and they should obviously identify with the host country.

I don't believe first generation immigrants can fully assimilate, but they should certainly not stand in the way of assimilation of their children and ideally encourage it. By the second and at the latest the third generation assimilation should have happened.

While cultural assimilation goes a long way in increasing the chances of a successful immigration experience, it is not a guarantee. The host society must be to some extent willing to accept newcomers too.

mikema63 wrote:How do you go about culturally assimilating someone? Like, what policies make someone change their cultural identification?

Without interference, such as telling the natives to be excessively tolerant and accepting of other cultures, social pressure from the host society will usually do the trick. The other ingredient is the pace of immigration, taking into account the cultural distance of the immigrant culture to that of the natives. Hence, if assimilation is unsuccessful the number of immigrants of the group in question must be reduced or go to zero until they have assimilated. If they don't, you do not want to allow any more people from that group into the country or at least become very selective and only allow a very small number.
By mikema63
Cultural distance? I'm not sure how you'd go about determining that necessarily. Assuming we are only talking about values (since I personally don't care about dress, food, religion, etc.) What are the key values we are looking at and how do you determine their distance from current values?

Seeing as how american 1950s values are very different than 2000s values It seems perfectly possible to change the values of even very large groups of people to a degree. That change in the US is within many peoples lifetime after all. Even if it was rather rocky for the entire country to undergo that change we are only talking about a small fraction of the population picking up those values which should be rather less extreme to undertake.

How would you determine whether or not a group is assimilating sufficiently to allow continued immigration.

I think the actual determination of assimilation is a very important point, even if it's difficult to answer, since it's essentially the linchpin in deciding that we should not take in refugees/immigrants from the middle east right now.
Cultural assimilation is not necessary. You don't need people to accept and become your culture, but to see the value in it, and follow your laws, values and principles. Most immigrants, and refugees already do this.

My example of hockey games being announced in Punjabi is one excellent example of assimilation, of sorts.

You can't get much more Canadian than shovelling snow...

Isn't this assimilation?
fuser wrote:Cricket Test can be confusing, Canadian Cricket team is 90%+ south asians. lol Good number of English team has south asian players too and there never has been any controversy that these players was not giving their 100% against their native country's team. Basically south asians are nuts about Cricket, carribean was too but now they have given up on cricket. Its probably one of those rare good things about British Empire. :p

The Cricket Test made more sense back in the 90s when it was coined by Tebbit which was a bit before the heavy internationalisation of sporting teams. That said the subjects of the Tebbit test are not the players but the audiences.. Regardless of nationality players have personal, professional and financial incentives to play as well as they can regardless of the nationality of the team or its opposing team and that tends to trump patriotism. The audiences have no such incentives and so are freer to support whichever team based on nationalist sentiment.
By Ter
The cricket test is interesting because I could apply it here in BD.
I have no interest at all in cricket but the British have left the cricket fever behind in their former colonies.

So I observed the following:

If BD plays against any other country, the people here support BD of course.
If India plays against Pakistan, a majority of the people here support Pakistan
If the west Indies play against New Zealand or Australia, ALL the people here support the West Indies.

So I conclude:

Nationalism trumps (sorry) everything
Religion comes second
Skin colour comes last
:)

As an extension to this test, I bring exhibit #2:

Opra endorsed Obama against Hillary for President:

Skin colour >> Gender

That will be all.

Glory in the Lord
Peace for Jerusalem
Allah Akbar
By AFAIK
I think it typically takes 3 generations for immigrants to assimilate with the 2nd generation facing many problems since they feel apart from the host community but also don't identify with their parents' country. The size of the immigrant community and distance from the country of origin are complicating factors. If you can insulate yourself within a migrant community or easily return to your country of origin for short and frequent visits then you won't be pushed/ pulled to assimilate.
AFAIK wrote:I think it typically takes 3 generations for immigrants to assimilate with the 2nd generation facing many problems since they feel apart from the host community but also don't identify with their parents' country. The size of the immigrant community and distance from the country of origin are complicating factors. If you can insulate yourself within a migrant community or easily return to your country of origin for short and frequent visits then you won't be pushed/ pulled to assimilate.

I agree with this.

I think the children of immigrants, like myself, usually feel like they have this stigma attached to them of being the kid with the parents with the strange accent. One time at a job I got a phonecall from a land phone and the woman goes up to me and says, "There is a woman with an accent on the phone for you." I was shocked at first and wondered who she meant and then realized that she meant my mother. Then why did she not say it was my mother? Could I have called her out on racism right then or called her stupid for not asking who the caller was? I could have but then I was much younger and I was so taken aback that I could barely speak except to say, "Ok, thanks." That was awkward to say the least.

Cultural assimilation is one of the major reasons why I do not want kids. I do not want them to face the struggle and the awkwardness and isolation that I have felt all my life. I know I will never truly fit in. It is like I am in limbo at times. People see you but they pretend not to see you as they walk by you. And of course, they bully immigrants for acting strange or talking funny or for just not being like them.

On a lighter note, migrants from former Empire countries such as Australia and New Zealand may also fail the cricket test. I don't see these expats rooting for England when their home countries are beaten miserably.

A recent study by Kiwi Movers revealed that 71% of expats living in the UK don’t view themselves as immigrants. The study was conducted on 500 New Zealand, Australian, American, Canadian and South African expats living in the UK.

Those who identified as immigrants most were South Africans (29%), followed by Canadians (22%), Americans (20%), New Zealanders (15%) and Australians (14%).

The study shows that more than a third of respondents referred to themselves as expats because of their temporary residential status in the UK. However, 1 in 5 (19%) said it was because the UK had a similar culture to their home country.

Others (18%) said that they considered themselves not to be expats because they were native English speakers. And 1% of those identifying most closely with the “expat” label said it was because they live and work in a foreign country.

http://www.fin24.com/economy/brexit-unc ... s-20160715
By Donna
Godstud wrote:Cultural assimilation is not necessary. You don't need people to accept and become your culture, but to see the value in it, and follow your laws, values and principles. Most immigrants, and refugees already do this.

My example of hockey games being announced in Punjabi is one excellent example of assimilation, of sorts.

You can't get much more Canadian than shovelling snow...

Isn't this assimilation?

Sikhs have a unique, one might even say special relationship with Britain and Canada because they sided closely with the Raj to protect themselves from Muslims and Hindu nationalists. They were loyal sons of the empire and are incredibly patriotic to this day.

They are a far cry, however, from the people who come to this country and do nothing but complain about the majority of people here.
@Donald They're fucking traitors, if any white Briton decides to reject his nation for the "Coolies" you be mad. Yet the same thing happens here; Muslims and Hindus are the only patriots of their respected countries and third world values. I notice why Westerners hate Islam, cause they can't control it, everything that has nothing to do with White worship and control they'll condemn it and eradicate it.
By Donna
Vasili Blokhin wrote:@Donald They're fucking traitors, if any white Briton decides to reject his nation for the "Coolies" you be mad. Yet the same thing happens here; Muslims and Hindus are the only patriots of their respected countries and third world values. I notice why Westerners hate Islam, cause they can't control it, everything that has nothing to do with White worship and control they'll condemn it and eradicate it.

Traitors to whom? :?: The Sikhs never embraced the Indian Republic, which they perceive to be a Hindu polity. In fact, they even murdered one of its PMs in the '80s.
Donald wrote:They are a far cry, however, from the people who come to this country and do nothing but complain about the majority of people here.
Most people who come to this country do not complain. Where is your source for this conclusion?

Facts seem to contradict your not surprisingly, baseless opinion.
Mostly happier: How new Canadians rate life in their new country
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e22023371/
By Donna
Godstud wrote:Most people who come to this country do not complain. Where is your source for this conclusion?

Facts seem to contradict your not surprisingly, baseless opinion.
Mostly happier: How new Canadians rate life in their new country
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e22023371/

Has the Liberal Party of Canada been Infiltrated by Extremist Candidates?

NOTE: The Muslim Brotherhood, founded in 1928 in Egypt has been listed as a terrorist group in a variety of countries including Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The Jamaat-e-Islami has been banned or proscribed in some 25 countries. In January of 2015, the Muslim Brotherhood announced that they would return to a path of violence and that is members should “seek martyrdom.”
In April 2014, Tahir Gora published a paper that suggested that the Muslim Brotherhood and Jamaat-e-Islami would attempt to run multiple candidates in this year’s federal election using the Liberal Party of Canada as its political entry point.[1] This is the well-worn path of “political entryism.”
The question must arise as to whether any candidates in this election represent extremist views brought into Canada by the Muslim Brotherhood, its proxies or its front groups. With some 700(+) dues paying Muslim Brotherhood members in Canada[2], the question is increasingly relevant.
Despite its claims to peaceful change, the Muslim Brotherhood issued a new statement on 28 January 2015 which stated it would return to the path of violence[3]:
“It is in incumbent upon everyone to be aware that we are the process of a new phase, where we summon what is latent in our strength, where we recall the meanings of jihad and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons, our daughters, and whoever marched on our path to a long, uncompromising jihad, and during this stage we ask for martyrdom.”
According to the article of 2014 written by Mr. Gora:
“The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), the National Council of Canadian-Muslims — formerly the Canadian affiliate of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) — and others are full of members linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, its Jamaat-e-Islami sister group and their ideology.”
Mr. Gora said he had a conversation with a staunch member of the Jamaat-e-Islami. He reports the conversation in the following manner:
“We want Muslims’ representation in our parliament so that our members can watch our interests in the government.” By “Muslims,” he meant Jamaat-e-Islami and Muslim Brotherhood followers.
Testimony in the Senate of Canada in 2015 by Lorenzo Vidino stated that the Muslim Brotherhood has multiple front groups in Canada of which the four best known are the NCCM/CAIR CAN, the Muslin Association of Canada, Islamic Relief Canada and the now defunct IRFAN (listed as a terrorist entity).[4]
How many Liberal Party candidates have extensive ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and its front groups? Omar Algebra, Iqra Khalid and Kalil Ramal are the three most obvious, although others have similar ties.

Zunera Ishaq and the Niqab Debate

The Liberal Party is on the record as supporting the niqab in Canada. In particular, they supported the case of Zunera Ishaq as she sued the Canadian government so she could a full veil at a citizenship swearing in ceremony.
The ICNA, the employer of Zunera Ishaq, is an organization “which seeks to obtain the pleasure of Allah (SWT) through working for the establishment of Islam in all spheres of life” according to their own website in Canada. The INCA holds up al-Maududi as a figure of inspiration. He has stated that Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the face of the earth.
In addition to being an employee of the ICNA, which is the ideological sister of the Muslim Brotherhood, Ms. Ishaq shows on a Facebook page that she is a member of the Jamaat E Islami forum, an organization which has been banned in multiple countries. The ISNA in Mississauga, another Muslim Brotherhood front organization, had its charitable status revoked for its “Development Fund” as they were using it to fund terrorism – specifically the Jamaat-e-Islami.

Omar Alghabra
Omar Alghabra (Mississauga-Centre) was born in 1969 in Khobar Saudi Arabia to Syrian parents and came to Canada alone at the age of 19. He was previously a Member of Parliament from 2006 to 2008 and represented Mississauga-Erindale before the boundaries were redrawn.
In 2002, Mr Alghabra stated that he did not believe that HAMAS (Muslim Brotherhood proxy group) or Islamic Jihad were terrorist groups.[5]
Mr Alghabra has openly stated that he favors Sharia Law for Ontario and that he was disappointed when he did not happen in Ontario after the 2003/2006 debate in Ontario.[6]
Upon being nominated for the 2006 election, Mr Alghabra thanked the ISNA for their support.[7] This raises the question about what kind of support a federal charity is giving to a political campaign.
Omar Alghabra was also speaker at the 2007 ISNA 33rd Annual conference which was held in conjunction with the Muslim Student Association (founded by the Muslim Brotherhood) and Muslim Youth of North America conferences. That conference was headlined by Tariq Ramadan, grandson of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood.
The ISNA was in the news in 2013 when the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) took away their charity status for one of their fund raising bodies (Development Fund) when it was discovered that they were funding a terrorist group: the Jamaat-e-Islami. As noted above, Jammat-e-Islami is the ideological sister of the Muslim Brotherhood.
The ISNA also made the news in 2008 when they tried to invite the head of Jamaat-e-Islami (Qazi Hussein Ahmad) to speak at an ISNA conference in Canada in 2008.[8] Mr. Ahmad has been previously banned some 25 countries, yet the ISNA sought to have him in Canada.[9] His visa to Canada was pulled at the last minute. Mr. Ahmad had spoken at a previous ISNA conference in St Louis in 1998. The ISNA-Canada conference was run jointly with the Muslim Students Association and Muslim Youth of North America, and endorsed by the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Islamic Circle of North America, and the Muslim Association of Canada. All of these organization have been publicly identified repeatedly as Muslim Brotherhood front groups.
When Liberal leader Justin Trudeau spoke at the ISNA in 2013, he noted the following:
In particular, I would like to thank the organizers of this event: Yasmin Ratansi, our Liberal candidate for Don Valley East; Omar Alghabra, who will represent the Liberal Party in Mississauga Centre; and Salma Zahid, the Liberal candidate for Scarborough Centre.
Many of the meetings for the campaigns of Omar Alghabara (and Iqra Khalid) were held at the ISNA. It is not clear if they ISNA charged for this or of the space was provided with no charge. With the ISNA still having charitable status for some of its functions, questions should be raised about a federally registered charity providing free and/or rented meeting space for a political party campaign.
Of note, the ISNA was involved in a series of scandals whereby charity money for the poor was squandered on other projects.[10] As well, the ISNA High School received Saudi money, despite several initial denials from the ISNA[11] and the ISNA High School Principal was a guest speaker at the annual conference of Hizb-ut-Tahrir[12], perhaps the fastest growing extremist group in Canada. The ISNA high school also made the news when its soccer team refused to play another high school team that had girls on it.[13]
Iqra Khalid
Iqra Khalid (Mississauga-Erindale) joined the Liberal Party approximately seven months before she was nominated on December 13th, 2014.[14] Mr Shafqat Ali is/was a long time Liberal Party member in the Mississauga area and he was thought to have a front running position for the nomination. For reasons that have never been publicly made clear, he suddenly withdrew his nomination[15] at an ISNA hosted event. He asked that his followers support Iqra Khalid.[16]
Ms Khalid is the daughter of Dr. Hafiz Khalid, a longtime associate of the ISNA and formerly a vocal supporter of Jamaat-e-Islami.
In an interview with the press, Ms. Khalid stated that she was the president of the Muslim Student Association (MSA) while at York University in the early 2000s.[17] The Muslim Student Association was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood in North America as its first “above ground” organization in 1963. The MSA in Canada has produced a long list of alumni who have gone off to be suicide bombers, jihadist fighters, jihadist propagandists as well as producing leadership figures for a variety of Muslim Brotherhood front organizations.[18]
The Muslim Student Association of York University, of which Ms Khalid was previously president, handed out free books for its annual Islam Awareness Week this year (Feb 2015). One of the books has a section on WIFE DISCIPLINING and advises that wives should only be beaten as part of a three stage correctional process. It also notes that there are different kinds of women, including the view that:
Submissive or subdued women. These women may even enjoy being beaten at times as a sign of love and concern… (“Women in Islam & Refutation of some Common Misconceptions,” –section on Wife Disciplining.)
Iqra Khalid is/was a member of CAMP – Council for the Advancement of Muslim Professionals.[19] She was the Communications Coordinator under (then) President and CEO Najamuddin Mohammed.[20] Despite claiming to be a networking organization, CAMP’s own website says it was created to:
“educate and activate the community on issues of political significance at home and abroad. CAMP organizes activities and lectures, seminars and discussions on political activism to get the membership and the community involved in the political process to better ourselves and our communities at home or abroad.”[21]
CAMP has multiple ties to the North American Muslim Brotherhood. At one point, former Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) President Ingrid Mattson was listed by CAMP as an adviser and Zeba Iqbal, the Vice-Chair of CAMP International, is also on the board of the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC-NY). At least one of the CAMP chapters, CAMP Toronto, has joined with other Brotherhood organizations such as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), ISNA, and the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)[22] to issue protests at Israeli actions in Gaza and against the Niqab (full face veil) ban (a CAMP VP wears it) and in support of Omar Khadr, being held in Guantanamo on charges of killing an American soldier in Afghanistan. As noted in one of its own announcements:
The Council for the Advancement of Muslim Professionals (CAMP) has announced that it second keynote speaker for its July 2010 annual dinner, held during the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) weekend, will be Obama administration faith advisor Dahlia Mogahed.[23]
Khalil Ramal
Born in Lebanon in 1960, Mr. Ramal arrived in Canada in 1989[24]. He has a BA and MA from a Lebanese University and reportedly speaks five languages. He is considered intellectually superior. He is a former Member of the Provincial Parliament (Ontario) from 2003 to 2011.
While an MPP, In June of 2005, Khalil RAMAL organized a visit of CAIR CAN (now NCCM)to the Queen’s Park Legislature.[25] Accompanying him were several well-known Muslim Brotherhood-related key figures. Among them were:
El-Tantawi Attia – who would tell the press in 2006 that the Toronto Masjid (Muslim Association of Canada) followed the teachings of the Muslim Brotherhood.[26] Attia’s daughter (Sara)[27] was the Vice President of the Muslim Students Association, which was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood. Attia’s son-in-law would go on to be the Foreign Secretary of the Egyptian government when it was run by the Muslim Brotherhood.
Riad Saloojee, the Executive Director of CAIR-CAN, which is the Canadian chapter of CAIR USA[28] which is a front group for HAMAS/Muslim Brotherhood in the USA and has been listed as a terrorist entity by the United Arab Emirates.
Mr. Ramal was noted as one of two key individuals who founded the Chair of Islamic Studies at Huron University.[29] The other individual noted was Dr. Wael Haddara, the former head of the Muslim Association of Canada[30], a close advisor to the Dr. Morsi[31], the Muslim Brotherhood’s president of Egypt, and one of the founders of IRFAN[32] –now listed as a terrorist entity in Canada.[33]
The holder of the Chair of Islamic Studies (Dr. Mattson) is a former President of ISNA (North America) and has advocated to the Young Muslims in Canada organization that the finest form of Tasfir (wisdom) in Islam is Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi.[34] Al-Maududi is the founder of the Jamaat-e-Islami, the organization that the ISNA ‘Development Fund’ in Mississauga was supporting when it lost CRA charitable status for funding terrorism.[35] This is the same Jamaat-e-Islami organization which the ISNA sought to have its current leader speak at their annual conference.
What is the Tasfir of Islam that Al-Maududi advocates? In his (in)famous book, al-Maududi stated that:
Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and programme of Islam, regardless of the country or the nation which rules it. The purpose of Islam is to set up a state on the basis of its own ideology and programme, regardless of which nation assumes the role of the standard-bearer of Islam or the rule of which nation is undermined in the process of the establishment of an ideological Islamic State.[36]
It is, perhaps, not all that surprising that the Chair of Islamic Studies forbids non-Muslims from taking certain courses at the University, even though the university is a public institution.[37]
In addition to Mr. Ramal, another individual responsible for creating the Chair of Islamic Studies was Assem Fadel.[38] In addition to being treasurer of the Islamic Centre of Southwestern Ontario, Mr. Fadel was the head of the World Islamic Call Society (WICS). As the sole head of the organization, Mr. Fadel was using money from the Jihad Fund of President Kaddafi of Libya. This fund was used in Canada to fund various terrorist activities in the USA and Trinidad. According to the official Canada Revenue Agency letter of revocation (2011) of the charity’s status:
“The Society acts at the direction of, and receives all of its funding from, the Libyan-based World Islamic Call Society (WICS-Libya), an organization founded by Muammar al-Qadaffi (Gadhafi) in 1972 whose objects and activities are not confined to the advancement of religion as that term is understood under Canadian law.”[39]
Questions that Need to be Asked
Hassan Banna, Sayid Qutb and al-Maududi are the key intellectual founders of the Muslim Brotherhood and its ideological sister Jamaat-e-Islami. Their work is Islamacist, supremacist, highly misogynistic and calls for the domination of their form of Islam over all other political systems and religions (including other Muslims).
Any person running to be a Member of Parliament in Canada should be a supporter of the Constitution of Canada, the Charter of Rights and the Criminal Code of Canada.
As such, it is fair game to ask all candidates questions such as:
Do you reject the teachings of Hassan Banna, Sayid Qutb and al-Maududi as being the antithesis of the Canadian Constitution and the Charter of Rights?
Will you denounce the Muslim Brotherhood and Jamaat-e-Islami as having values that run contrary to the Canadian Constitution and the Charter of Rights?
Is the head of the Greenlight Committee for the Liberal Party of Canada aware of this problem? Are they acting on it?
Do all candidates from all parties reject the misogynistic views advanced by the Muslim Student Association (and others) that advocate you can beat your wife and that she will see this as a sign of “love and concern”?
For more on the Muslim Student Association and its role in radicalization and extremism in Canada, see: http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/09/25/is-the ... extremism/
For more on extremism in Canada and its role in violence against women and girls, see: http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/10/04/a-tale ... in-canada/
For more on extremism in Mississauga in general, see http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/09/29/operat ... ssissauga/
[1] http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/ ... parliament
[2] Tharwat Kherbawi is a former leadership figure of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and the international organization of the Muslim Brotherhood. He has three books on the Muslim Brotherhood, which are “From the Heart of the Muslim Brotherhood” and “The Mystery of the Temple” and the “Imams of Evil.” He has hundreds of articles and press and television appearances on this subject. In early 2015, he was interviewed about the Muslim Brotherhood in Canada. In this interview, he notes that there are some 700 dues paying members of the Muslim Brotherhood in Canada. He regards this figure as low, because many Muslim Brotherhood members have left Egypt following the ouster of the Muslim Brotherhood’s President Morsi in 2013.

[3] http://www.ikhwanonline.com/Article.asp ... &SecID=211
[4] http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/ ... pert-warns
[5] http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/22/co ... emist-vote
[6] http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/26/ba ... ave-to-say
[7] http://archive.frontpagemag.com/Printab ... ArtId=5747
[8] http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/3515
[9] http://pjmedia.com/blog/north-american- ... or-leader/
[10] http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/01 ... _poor.html
[11] http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... /?page=all
[12] http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/09/29/operat ... ssissauga/
[13] http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/muslim-sch ... -1.2397987
[14]

[15]

[16] http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us
[17] http://www.mississauga.com/blogs/post/5 ... ng-for-mp/
[18] http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/09/25/is-the ... extremism/
[19] https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CAM ... e&count=10
[20] https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CAM ... ssages/561 and http://www.naseeb.com/journals/camp-tor ... eam-180586 and xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/11043774/120763514/…/newsletterMARCH.pdf
[21] http://web.archive.org/web/200108020550 ... t/home.htm
[22] http://www.globalmbwatch.com/2010/02/28 ... in-affair/
[23] http://www.globalmbwatch.com/2010/05/16 ... ls-dinner/
[24] https://www.liberal.ca/candidates/
[25] http://archive-ca-2012.com/ca/c/2012-10 ... -Archives/
[26] http://news.nationalpost.com/holy-post/ ... an-muslims
[27] Attia, S. (2011, February 11). I Took My Kids to Tahrir Square. Bangor Daily News. Retrieved from https://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/11/ ... ir-square/
[28] Libel or Lawfare? The HAMAS/Muslim Brotherhood Lawsuit against Prime Minister Harper
http://tsecnetwork.ca/2015/10/08/libel- ... er-harper/
[29] See the photos and articles on page 34 of 39 in the PDF online at: http://www.albilad.net/pdf/i104.pdf
[30] http://www.macnet.ca/English/PressRelea ... zation.pdf
[31] http://www.lfpress.com/2013/09/13/dr-wa ... nary-lives—one-in-london-the-other-in-his-native-egypt
[32] http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/06/mu ... -in-canada
[33] http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=843809
[34] http://www.youngmuslims.ca/lecturesumma ... y.asp?ID=3
[35] http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/20/is ... ganization
[36] Sayeed Abdul A’la Maududi, Jihad in Islam, p.6,7,22
[37] http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... ut-it-down and http://www.westerngazette.ca/2014/02/no ... ng-course/
[38] See photo and article on page 34 of http://www.albilad.net/pdf/i104.pdf
[39] http://www.globalphilanthropy.ca/blog/c ... cra_conce/

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]