Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#14797460
Rapperson wrote:I am not your private tutor. This is a place for you to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates


And since this is no longer going on, it is not a continuing tradition of prejudice and discrimination. Also, please note that your example does not include discrimination and prejudice from a government or people towards another.

Thank you for providing evidence that supports my claim.

---------------

Decky wrote:What the fuck are you tying to prove Spaniard?


Oh, Decky. Your trolling always slips a bit when you get all emotional. Lol.

Were blacks denied the vote because they were working class?

No.

Were working class people denied the vote because of their class?

Yes.

Now what has that proved exactly?


That white men were never targeted for discrimination and prejudice? That instead, poor people were and that poor people also includes women and people of colour?

See it's easy anyone can post like you do. Just string some words together with no actual meaning or evidence or even a cogent point behind them. I guess when other people are reading history books you are "busy" having your siesta. :lol:


And yet, here you are, getting upset with me. Lol.
#14797464
Pants-of-dog wrote:And since this is no longer going on, it is not a continuing tradition of prejudice and discrimination. Also, please note that your example does not include discrimination and prejudice from a government or people towards another.

Thank you for providing evidence that supports my claim.

---------------



Your claim? Let's revisit your claim so there can be no misunderstanding, because you're moving the goalposts.

There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.


This is what you said. This is your claim. No mention of tradition or continuing or people or government.
#14797469
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is not a matter of interpretation. There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.

The only discrimination they have faced in this case is a satirical article. Why should we take that as seriously as religious persecution or racism or sexism? These actual forms of discrimination have been houng on for centuries or millenia, and have had significant effects on modern society. Have white men suffered similar persecution? No.


Which group of whites are you referring to? Because on the whole the vast majority of white ethnicities did not participate in any of the injustices you describe. It was a small collection of countries in the Atlantic world that did so. Central Europe, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe never had anything to do with any of it.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Moreover, it has nothing to do with some "serves their right" mentality. History is the same regardless of our feelings towards white men.


I see, so you think that history justifies any sort of behaviour towards whites.
#14797472
There was nothing racist about Whites owning Black slaves in the eighteenth century. Blacks owned Black slaves, Muslims owned Black slaves and I'm sure the Chinese and Japanese would have if they could. No what was racist was that you couldn't own White slaves. Racism was progressive. Its the same way that Western Europe and North America were progressive over Russia where Serfdom still existed.
#14797476
Rapperson wrote:Your claim? Let's revisit your claim so there can be no misunderstanding, because you're moving the goalposts.

This is what you said. This is your claim. No mention of tradition or continuing or people or government.


Please reread this post that which you have already replied.

Note the first few paragraphs. Thanks.

----------------

Political Interest wrote:Which group of whites are you referring to? Because on the whole the vast majority of white ethnicities did not participate in any of the injustices you describe. It was a small collection of countries in the Atlantic world that did so. Central Europe, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe never had anything to do with any of it.


Sure. Since I am not blaming anyone for anything, I have no trouble agreeing with this.

PI wrote:I see, so you think that history justifies any sort of behaviour towards whites.


No. In fact, I said the exact opposite when I said that it has nothing to do with some "serves them right" mentality.

I am not trying to justify anything. I am pointing out that history shows that not all races and genders were treated equally, and that this has had lasting effects on our current society. This is true regardless of how we feel or what we think is justified.
#14797481
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please reread this post that which you have already replied.

Note the first few paragraphs. Thanks.

----------------



I already read it. It came after your original claim, this one:

It is not a matter of interpretation. There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.


and it came after I challenged that claim, so it's irrelevant. Unless you're now saying your original claim is incorrect and you wish to modify it. Is that what you are saying?
#14797486
Sure, if you want to consider it a modification, please do so.

Also, please note that Barbary pirates also preyed on women and people of colour, thus your evidence (i.e. Barbary pirates) that white men were subject to the same discrimination as women and people of colour does not hold up.
#14797495
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure, if you want to consider it a modification, please do so.

Also, please note that Barbary pirates also preyed on women and people of colour, thus your evidence (i.e. Barbary pirates) that white men were subject to the same discrimination as women and people of colour does not hold up.


Are you now saying your original claim was incorrect?
#14797577
Rapperson wrote:Are you now saying your original claim was incorrect?


No. My original claim was that white men have not been subject to the same historical persecution that women and people of colour dealt with.

I further clarified that in the vast majority of those instances where white men were persecuted, it is no longer an issue and the persecution had little effect on modern society, if any. Capitalism is, of course, the exception.

I also noted that in those instances where white men were persecuted, it was not because they were white men, while women have been persecuted for being women, and people of colour have been persecuted for being people of colour.

Have white men been persecuted in the past? Of course some have. In fact, most of them have been, and still are. This is because most have been poor, and poor people get persecuted by capitalism. But this is because they are poor, not because they are white men. Capitalism also targets women and people of colour if they are poor.

Now, I will concede that one or more of my posts may have been poorly worded or not comprehensive, but they are all consistent and historically accurate.
#14797597
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. My original claim was that white men have not been subject to the same historical persecution that women and people of colour dealt with.



Are you now saying THIS claim of yours:

It is not a matter of interpretation. There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.


is incorrect?
#14797600
Pants-of-dog wrote:I just answered this question. Would you like me to repeat my answer?


Are you now saying THIS claim of yours:
It is not a matter of interpretation. There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.


is incorrect?

Just answer the question please.

Yes or no.
#14797602
Troll writes blatantly racist article, dangles it in front of huffpo---->huffpo presents it as a real editorial----->huffpo tries to defend it when people laugh and point----->huffpo removes the article when trolls reveals himself---->troll joins in on the laughter.

This isn't media, this is a joke. Nothing can be taken seriously from these outlets. They exist to peddle their cheap, unpopular, batshit minority ideology to internet users for make benefit click bait bucks and to satisfy a childish ideological stance that real adults with actual jobs and lives don't care for. I'd say ignore them but they have enough e-presence and corporate backing to permanently damage peripheral industries. Their latest foray into trying to sanitize gaming is one example. They already destroyed comics. Magic the Gathering was destroyed very recently and they're even tried to infiltrate warhammer tabletop gaming.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 17 Apr 2017 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
#14797604
Igor Antunov wrote:Troll writes blatantly racist article, dangles it in front of huffpo---->huffpo presents it as a real editorial----->huffpo tries to defend it when people laugh and point----->huffpo removes the article when trolls reveals himself---->troll joins in on the laughter.



Nah. This author doesn't exist. The article was written by the editor or someone close to her. I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure.
#14797605
Rapperson wrote:Oh I see. So the Barbary Pirates never existed, it's all just fabrication?


I addessed this.

You seem to be ignoring my arguments. Instead you seem to be discussing some strawman that is explicitly contradicted by things I have written and which you are ignoring.

Please let me know when you wish to address my actual claims. Thank you.
#14797608
Pants-of-dog wrote:I addessed this.

You seem to be ignoring my arguments. Instead you seem to be discussing some strawman that is explicitly contradicted by things I have written and which you are ignoring.

Please let me know when you wish to address my actual claims. Thank you.


This

It is not a matter of interpretation. There is no way of reinterpreting history to make it look like white men were denied the vote, or shipped wholesale as slaves to a different continent, or had their lands taken from them while they suffered from disease.


is an actual claim, it is your claim, and you just reaffirmed it as your claim. I'm addressing it. In it, you say white men were never shipped to different continents as slaves, whereas they most certainly were, by the Barbary Pirates. Or are you denying it?
#14797612
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, you are ignoring my other comments about the Barbary pirates.

The only reason you are doing this is so you can accuse me of making a strawman. Let me know when you read them.


I never dreamed of accusing you of a straw man. I have read your other comments and I'm ignoring them because they are irrelevant. I just need some simple questions answered, such as:

Did the Barbary Pirates ship white men into slavery in significant numbers?

Yes or no.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Lemme get this all straight. You can't be bothere[…]

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/88995582[…]

The long and boring tantrum by zionists about BDS.[…]

A Left-Libertarianism-ist Manifesto

He didn't simply not give a reason like you said […]