Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Ter wrote:Well I am sorry to burst your intellectual bubble but white is also not a colour.
White is the result of all other colours coming together.
Black is the total absence of colour.
Biologically the colour of the skin of people is determined by the amount of melanin produced and that is determined by at least four (Cavalli-Sforza) but probably more genes.
:roll:

It is true that white and black are not colors, but brightnesses.

White = bright.

Black = not so bright.
Rapperson wrote:I'm not going to be asking you any more relevant questions, as it is clearly pointless.

I know how that feels!

Now, since you get accused of 'straw man' a lot, do you find it happens because of discrimination?

I am rarely accused of that.

Back to the topic,

The fact that white men have historically avoided being subject to persecution due to race or gender may easily explain why they are currently powerful enough to avoid disenfranchisement in the future.

The corollary of that is that women and people of colour are far more likely to be disenfranchised in the future because of their relative lack of power today, which is a result of previous persecution.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Or more specifically, we find the reactions of "victimised" white men amusing.

Have you ever noticed that most of the people sarcastically crowing "what about teh menz?" are Western white middle- to upper middle-class cisgendered women?

The only thing separating them from being Satan is their genitalia. Lucky them.
Igor Antunov wrote:I posted this in the other thread but it truly belongs here:

It's an interesting point.

I've heard these people piss and moan about how everything in STEM is white men, white men, white men. All you have to do to know that's bullshit is walk through the stacks in a science and engineering library and take note of all the names.

But, more to the point, I don't see any screaming and crying about how less than 0.2% of the world's population is hugely overrepresented, for example, in 27% of Fields Medal recipients.

Not very consistent.
Perkwunos wrote:Have you ever noticed that most of the people sarcastically crowing "what about teh menz?" are Western white middle- to upper middle-class cisgendered women?

The only thing separating them from being Satan is their genitalia. Lucky them.

I don't know. Most of the criticism I hear locally about white men is about the Highway of Tears and the "missing and murdered indigenous women" crisis.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I don't know. Most of the criticism I hear locally about white men is about the Highway of Tears and the "missing and murdered indigenous women" crisis.

Well I have in mind like, say, this:

They all look cis. And the best they could do was two WoC, both apparently Asian? This smacks of tokenism. And do black lives matter here? Apparently not.

I could go harping on and on about minor bullshit like SJWs do about this sort of thing but this also comes to mind:

http://boingboing.net/2016/07/17/look-a ... ty-in.html

"Just look at the diversity in this Paul Ryan selfie!"

And here I am wondering what an irl gathering of Boing Boing users would look like. Perhaps a little less white than a KKK rally?
Perkwunos wrote:Well I have in mind like, say, this:

They all look cis. And the best they could do was two WoC, both apparently Asian? This smacks of tokenism. And do black lives matter here? Apparently not.

I could go harping on and on about minor bullshit like SJWs do about this sort of thing but this also comes to mind:

http://boingboing.net/2016/07/17/look-a ... ty-in.html

"Just look at the diversity in this Paul Ryan selfie!"

And here I am wondering what an irl gathering of Boing Boing users would look like. Perhaps a little less white than a KKK rally?

As I said, my experiences are different, and it would be a welcome change to discuss irrelevancies instead of missing and murdered women.

Now, what does this have to do with the topic?
Perkwunos wrote:Now I have no rebuttal, because you are so fortunate as to have Objective™ Logical™ Rational™ experiences denied to mere mortals.

So it has nothing to do with the topic.

You are simply having an emotional reaction to me. Lol. I thought we were just interesting specimens for your glorious mind. Looks like this specimen got under your skin. :D
Pants-of-dog wrote:So it has nothing to do with the topic.

It has to do with your crowing about duh white menz and "victimhood":

viewtopic.php?p=14798017#p14798017

Pants-of-dog wrote:You are simply having an emotional reaction to me. Lol. I thought we were just interesting specimens for your glorious mind. Looks like this specimen got under your skin. :D

Being irritatingly obtuse doesn't mean you have any real point.
Perkwunos wrote:It has to do with your crowing about duh white menz and "victimhood":

viewtopic.php?p=14798017#p14798017

So you are upset that women are also laughing at your self described victimhood as well as me?

Okay, but still not on topic.

Being irritatingly obtuse doesn't mean you have any real point.

So I was correct that you are irritated. Lol.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you are upset that women are also laughing at your self described victimhood as well as me?

I haven't claimed any victimhood as a white male.

The point I was making is that most of these women are highly privileged by their own standards and only their gender separates them from being their personal Satan.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So I was correct that you are irritated. Lol.

I have never concealed the fact that the mentally deficient irritate me. Being annoying doesn't make you right about anything.
Sure. Let me know when you are done complaining about well meaning white women, and we can talk.

---------------

Now, while some supporters of this blogger might actually support disenfranchising men, some Trump supporters also support taking away women's right to vote.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/12/some-trump ... t-to-vote/

The difference is that we all laugh at this random blogger as if she said something ridiculous, yet Trump was actually elected.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Now, why are all the people who got angry at this blog not also getting angry at the Trump supporters who discussed taking away the voting rights of women?

One can oppose both with equal candor. One should oppose both. The Huffington Post article and the supporters railing against the female vote are examples of extremists whose opinions are equally deplorable. One idea should not be laughed off or hand-waved away simply because it comes from a minority or person with less power; all racist, sexist, and bigoted ideas - no matter how unlikely - can germinate over time and metastasize into actual oppression and violence.
The irony with the posts in this thread and the OP is that people want to discriminate white male voting privileges in order to balance equality with other races. But it clearly hasn't occured to them that by having this viewpoint of discriminating against someone for 'just being a white male' it is just as racist/sexist as any other discrimination with race or sex we have today. Everyone has the right to vote no matter your race, sex or religion. And if we can agree on this minor point, be might actually finally progress in society rather than argue amongst ourselves. Let's not return to us vs them thank you and leave the pasts slavery injustices to the past... where it fucking belongs!
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]