China has actually been rising, but unlikely to displace the western dominance - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#14798798
The Chinese regime will collapse like a house of cards in the not-so-far future (1-2 decades). Mark my words.

Potemkin wrote:Instead, I am claiming that material interests - profit - trump everything else in a capitalist system. The people of Hong Kong were not sold out by the British because they were ethnically Chinese; we sold them out because they were colonial subjects rather than British citizens, and it was in our interests to do so.


The UK could never have defended Hong Kong against China. Giving it back was Realpolitik, it had nothing to do with "profit".
#14798814
<Most Chinese people I exposed to are highly educated in technology fields, I agree there are more open-minded elites in China, but I dare say the former represents the vast majority and in other words much more typical Chinese.>
Agreed 100%. Check my drone vs queens theory. Vast majorities are drones programmed with staunch nationalism. Also, Chinese think in terms of general directions, qi and very, very big theories and is unwilling to structure their thoughts. Western thinkers, on the other hand, structure their theories a little too much and tend to be skeptical of big pictures. You will find difficulty talking to them when you think in different modes.

<What I observed is mostly the Chinese appeared arrogant and assertive, whose superiority?>
Both. I also encounter lots of such people, but a lot less when i assume a less aggressive stance. Judging from your posts here i can imagine what their responses usually are.

<I so far hardly saw any "reasonable China praising" and I welcome any of you to do so, and indeed I haven't seen whoever forbade you in western social platforms. I wonder the consequence won't be, the pro-Chinas got angery after I point out something and start evaluating me instead of the topic itself, like it always happened.>
I actually try to do that a lot. I get insults like "50 cent troll" or worse 100% all the time. In fact, I made very, very long topics like this one on politics forum, facebook and even linkedin, but that would be a little off topic wouldn't it?

<Thankfully I understand those comments written in Mandarin just under Martin Jacques' footage page on Youtube, you tell me they are not hostile to West? And I look forward to your reasonable praise on China if any.>
Sigh, just check my user profile and search for my other topics. Can I please not open this topic here? It's really huge man. Also, you seriously equate youtube commenters to "majority of Chinese"? Look at the Hong Kong, Taiwan and US trolls who has the same or greater vigor in insulting everything "Chinese" they come across, real or imagined.

<It's not hate or something, but just the stance of disagree. I'm rational not emotional. I'm talking about how to deal with the threat of China, not how we hate it.>
You got triggered by low intelligence drones. There is no shame. I am in that state for at least a year when I started living in China :)

<< It has nothing to do with the communists>>
Chinese and Taiwanese are in fact very similar in terms of personality, but in this case, "it's the economy, stupid". A underdeveloped nation as massive as China simply cannot move forward without a powerful central structure, and it entails all sort of social engineering which you see, leading to personality traits and values that you despise. And a powerful central structure is what runs China for thousands of years. Taiwan, is small country that is able to move away from that in the expense of development and flexibility, that's why this social structure changed. I think I explained in very great detail back there the whole rationale. Korea, on the other hand, with its size and homogenity, does not in fact has any need for such high power concentration, except for real and imagined threat from her neighbours...


<<Taiwan vs China>>
Small country, US shielded, economically developed. You didn't understand my post.

<Japanese>
Flexibility, willingness to take risk, big picture thinkers, has strong execution, aggressiveness, willingingness to learn (Depends on topic). Japanese is your highborn aristocrat, Chinese is the barbarians. They are not immediately likable but they are strong and full of life. Over the years I learnt to appreciate these traits. But of cause, I can't convince everybody otherwise.

<I don't find a motivation for me to seek to deeply "understand" something that fundamentally rejects freedom of mind based on people's birth place. I don't need to be "proud" of my western mindset either. I prefer westernization simply because I enjoy it and that's why I'm here in a western political forum, no need to justify anything.>
Oh don't get me wrong. I never say Chinese mindset is superior to the west, it is simply a different worldview grown from a specific enviroment, just like the Arabs, or the Japanese, or the Russians or lots of culture. It takes a bit of mental strength to switch mindset, that's why these people despise each other. If you are unprepared to do that, you are unprepared for a real discussion.

<Check your ancestors>
Oh I don't give a fuck about Chinese ancestors. But we all have our obsessions, like Americans with their freedoms and guns, Arabs with their God, or Japanese about racial purity yes? You attack somebody's obsession, and expect a friendly treatment?

<Immigration>
China is a developing country full of issues, yes. That's why immigrants move. China is not doing "good", China is doing its best under the circumstance.
You know what I noticed? Everytime a Hong Kong newspaper or CNN reports some crap about China, you search about it and find out the Chinese government have issued some kind of policy to address 6 months before that report was published. And 80% of the time you already knew about it and the problem has already receded.
Remember the poison oil they use for cooking? Harsh measures are erected and enforced, and they also found a way for electricity generation. Problem is not completed solved but is a lot less serious in a very very short time.
I also read government reports on their policies occasionally. A majority of them make more sense (And yes, and a portion of those are pretty absurd) and wayyy more spot on than any political debate I read in the free world, which often focus tremendous energies on trivial topics...
Over the last 20 years I visited China since a kid, every year it feels that things improved by decades. Much, much lower crime rates, fantastic infrastructure, much more polite people, cleaner streets, crazy advances in electronic economy. The last 3 years I look at the changes face to face and it's simply fascinating. Yes, many things are still bad and there are always new problems. But things move forward for 10 points and move back for 4 points, however in the "free world" people will dismiss China's achievements on that last 4.

Sometimes I can't help but laugh at my free thinking friends. What's so free about their minds, when they live in their own stigma, build their own echo-chambers, insult those different from them and claim intellectual superiority?

You are hellbent on believing that China intend to dominate the west, because they want to maintain their rule. Which political party does not want to maintain their rule? What's wrong about it? And how does building your railway lead to enslaving you? How can China rule anybody outside their own without the ability to connect culturally, or work with a liberalized system? And why would China want to kill her golden goose? Why would China even want to dominate New Zealand for that matter? Potemkin and I explained in epic length but you skipped all of those, and went back to your original assumption...

Rugoz wrote:Mark my words...

Oh get in line... "China will fall" T-shirts on the right counter next to cookies...
#14798845
Rugoz wrote::eh: ...I didn't say "China will fall", I said the regime (communist one-party state) will collapse in the not-so-far future. It's speculative, but if I'm right I get the cookie and you don't.

Yeah ok party, theres a longer line for that one :). Always a pleasure for a pissing contest with ya!
#14798876
Hong Wu wrote:Most people don't know this but Singapore has sought so much immigration that it's only like 1/3rd Chinese by now.


1/3 Chinese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... nic_groups

Ethnic groups
Chinese

74.2%
Malay

13.3%
Indian

9.2%
Other

3.3%

Rugoz wrote:The Chinese regime will collapse like a house of cards in the not-so-far future (1-2 decades). Mark my words.



The UK could never have defended Hong Kong against China. Giving it back was Realpolitik, it had nothing to do with "profit".


Theories of when China collapses have been there for decades and it's still worth thinking. The key point here I think is, Chinese people do have a different mindset from the majority modern humans, which explain why they hardly rebel, accepting or enjoying the day-to-day life without human rights and freedom of speech, like people 200 years ago, a live fossil in modern day.

Rugoz wrote::eh: ...I didn't say "China will fall", I said the regime (communist one-party state) will collapse in the not-so-far future. It's speculative, but if I'm right I get the cookie and you don't.


Right, need to clarify here, generally when people mention "China", it equals to Chinese communist regime or PRC, rather than Chinese citizens or ethnic Chinese people. It's clearly a political notion but many like to culturalize it thus make it vague, sadly and unsurprisingly most Chinese people do.
[Political Circus mod: please do not make multiple back-to-back posts - see earlier comment in this thread]
#14798898
What's the fundamental argument here? Whether or not China is rising? Whether it'll achieve dominance in the world? Or whether or not it's "good?"

China, in the grand scheme of things, isn't any more sinister than western countries have been. Nor do I see the west working with China as some great failing of ours. The arguments for getting along with China and letting them get away with human rights stuff that we only selectively enforce anyway and dabble in ourselves are far stronger than some tough guy policy leading to God knows what ultimate result.
#14799026
benpenguin wrote:Agreed 100%. Check my drone vs queens theory. Vast majorities are drones programmed with staunch nationalism. Also, Chinese think in terms of general directions, qi and very, very big theories and is unwilling to structure their thoughts. Western thinkers, on the other hand, structure their theories a little too much and tend to be skeptical of big pictures.


I like to call the “throne” theory a brain wash, like it happens other authoritarian countries. Yes, as a result those people tend to not make things clear with logic instead they use sentiment/emotion/belief to “think”.
benpenguin wrote:You will find difficulty talking to them when you think in different modes.

Like Muslims rather than other East Asians. I find Japanese/Taiwanese are easy-going people like westerners.
benpenguin wrote:I also encounter lots of such people, but a lot less when i assume a less aggressive stance.


It’s really hard and uncomfortable to talk to people who set a few taboos so you should be careful not to irritate them by telling some truths. I have no sense to check which points are aggressive or not from judging from their perspective.
benpenguin wrote:Sigh, just check my user profile and search for my other topics. Can I please not open this topic here? It's really huge man.

It’s been even more interesting to know why praising China seems so difficulty that it’s like a huge project? If you ask me why I praised American/Japanese I can answer you easily in second.
benpenguin wrote:Also, you seriously equate youtube commenters to "majority of Chinese"?

My logic tells me the comments from Youtube already reflect the thoughts of elite Chinese, given they have to understand English and are interested in cultural/political discussion, what’s more they have to know how to break the GFW internet ban to access Youtube. So if the elite Chinese even think like that, we can imagine the situation of less educated Chinese.
benpenguin wrote:Chinese and Taiwanese are in fact very similar in terms of personality, but in this case, "it's the economy, stupid". A underdeveloped nation as massive as China simply cannot move forward without a powerful central structure, and it entails all sort of social engineering which you see, leading to personality traits and values that you despise. And a powerful central structure is what runs China for thousands of years. Taiwan, is small country that is able to move away from that in the expense of development and flexibility, that's why this social structure changed. I think I explained in very great detail back there the whole rationale. Korea, on the other hand, with its size and homogenity, does not in fact has any need for such high power concentration, except for real and imagined threat from her neighbours.


I think you are on the right track this time. Yes Taiwan is a developed country while China is not. So ask further how that happened, which is a question I thought about for decades. My answer is similar, because Taiwan was lucky to get separate from such “centralized nation”, despite they are equally ethnic Chinese people. This proved that it’s not about human gene or cultural background. That’s also a reason why Hong Kongers remain still different from mainland Chine even today, thanks to British rule which separate them from China. This offers a feasible solution that could potentially solve the China issue – dismantle it first, make more Taiwans. I originated from Shanghai, when I was a teenager, I was frustrated why Taiwan managed to be a developed westernized nation why Shanghai remained undeveloped, and eventually I found the answer. Even pro-China nationalists find hard to deny the truth: China is unlikely to become a developed country.



benpenguin wrote:Small country, US shielded, economically developed. You didn't understand my post.

Chinese people have no right to choose to become small or big country. Who prefer to be a Chinese rather than Taiwanese?

benpenguin wrote:Japanese is your highborn aristocrat, Chinese is the barbarians.

This point can be seen in western countries as well, where many westerners frequently visit Japanese restaurants, how many of them like to dine in Chinese restaurants, basically they feel the latter not clean and healthy I guess. Japanese people appear the most civilized and strongest nation in Asia.
benpenguin wrote:But of cause, I can't convince everybody otherwise.

I think you need to think and discuss more with others rather than trying to convince them. I never tried to “convince westerners to like Japan” when I found most of them do already.

benpenguin wrote:Oh I don't give a fuck about Chinese ancestors. But we all have our obsessions, like Americans with their freedoms and guns, Arabs with their God, or Japanese about racial purity yes? You attack somebody's obsession, and expect a friendly treatment?

I don’t know about others’ or my obsession but the fixed pattern when Chinese began attacking you is, they’ve got no logical comment on the idea others have pointed out, therefore instead of admitting the failure in debate (as I did saw among westerners), they tend to behave like a jerk as if they are expected perception from others and they may feel better than admitting a failure. By contrast I can’t imagine how I would irritate a non-Chinese in the same way, According to my experience with westerners/Japanese/Taiwanese.

benpenguin wrote:China is a developing country full of issues, yes. That's why immigrants move. China is not doing "good", China is doing its best under the circumstance.
You know what I noticed? Everytime a Hong Kong newspaper or CNN reports some crap about China, you search about it and find out the Chinese government have issued some kind of policy to address 6 months before that report was published. And 80% of the time you already knew about it and the problem has already receded.
Remember the poison oil they use for cooking? Harsh measures are erected and enforced, and they also found a way for electricity generation. Problem is not completed solved but is a lot less serious in a very very short time.

I’m surprised how you got so confident with the examples you gave. HK/CNN newspapers always report the outdated news about China? I often contacted the peers in China when I told them news I read from western media they were often unaware yet. In terms of the “sewage oil for cooking” as a widespread nature in China while you ask me to remember it, who told you it’s been “a lot less” serious? The fact is China authority did virtually none regulation on food business, after all it doesn’t appear a threat to their dictatorship, thus nobody in the communist cabinet really cares.
benpenguin wrote:Over the last 20 years I visited China since a kid, every year it feels that things improved by decades. Much, much lower crime rates, fantastic infrastructure, much more polite people, cleaner streets, crazy advances in electronic economy. The last 3 years I look at the changes face to face and it's simply fascinating. Yes, many things are still bad and there are always new problems. But things move forward for 10 points and move back for 4 points, however in the "free world" people will dismiss China's achievements on that last 4.

It’s not just you say China is getting better as an outsider, it’s the fact Chinese people vote with feet, if they are capable or rich enough, increasingly moving out of China. How can you explain a country getting better but more and more local successful people are fleeing? Tell you my experience when I was in China (Shanghai): the natural environment getting worse and worse (which you avoid to mention) and lack of openness to the world not mention political freedom. Yes crime rate may not be high, I agree thanks to the strong dictatorship which is mainly used to target dissenters. You may need to check the crime rate in North Korea as well. You know what many Chinese are saying: They told us China is a good place to live, but the officials/rich people are applying for greencards, are we really fools?

benpenguin wrote:
Sometimes I can't help but laugh at my free thinking friends. What's so free about their minds, when they live in their own stigma, build their own echo-chambers, insult those different from them and claim intellectual superiority?

Who insulted Chinese? Whoever claimed their superiority? I just saw the other way round.

benpenguin wrote:You are hellbent on believing that China intend to dominate the west, because they want to maintain their rule. Which political party does not want to maintain their rule? What's wrong about it?

This implied you admit that China does intend to rule the rest of the world?

benpenguin wrote:And how does building your railway lead to enslaving you?

The reason is China dreams of undertaking such infrastructure projects in bigger countries like U.S., Japan, and Australia but won’t be allowed. Would you point out the stupidity of authorities of those countries? As a result it’s not China specifically like NZ, but they’ve no other choice across western world. Please don’t say “Potemkin and your words”. I haven’t felt such “Chinese superiority” in others’ post and I haven’t found Potemkin share’s the same view as you.

mikema63 wrote:What's the fundamental argument here? Whether or not China is rising? Whether it'll achieve dominance in the world? Or whether or not it's "good?"

China, in the grand scheme of things, isn't any more sinister than western countries have been. Nor do I see the west working with China as some great failing of ours. The arguments for getting along with China and letting them get away with human rights stuff that we only selectively enforce anyway and dabble in ourselves are far stronger than some tough guy policy leading to God knows what ultimate result.


You partially answered the question you raised. Yes doing business with China for low cost and high pollution plants in China seems a good deal at least pretty profitable. The real conflict here is the western countries "selectively" enforce on human right stuff, from China's perspective it's ideally the West never mention that but just business, even if the West promised it the communist would still be concerned about the potential peaceful influence so the only feasible and safe way from their perspective is to mobilize the anti-West sentiment, thus they'd never be totally friendly.

benpenguin tends to mislead westerners who know little about China, as if China's media is credible and transparent enough and the food safety issue has been largely solved. I don't know if you were paid to say so. Even ordinary Chinese people living in PRC won't say such ridiculous words.

One more thing I like to say is the language barrier which appears a effective tool making Chinese people even more isolated (and made westerners unlikely to know about China directly), as a result I concluded very early the China communist would never accept English as official language.

[Political Circus mod: please do not make back-to-back posts, as described earlier. Posts merged.]
#14799060
Sasa wrote:Like Muslims rather than other East Asians. I find Japanese/Taiwanese are easy-going people like westerners.
It’s really hard and uncomfortable to talk to people who set a few taboos so you should be careful not to irritate them by telling some truths. I have no sense to check which points are aggressive or not from judging from their perspective.

Because you have a more similar mindset. As I said, these are not people I can make friends with, and they grew their values from a specific environment, which I believe CCP is only partially responsible, but the economy, and the whole system dictates it. For me, it's nonsensual to try assign blame.

Sasa wrote:It’s been even more interesting to know why praising China seems so difficulty that it’s like a huge project? If you ask me why I praised American/Japanese I can answer you easily in second.

Because it descends into a pissing contest in seconds. I have many answers prepared from my various online battles, but I have no interest to deploy them here. :p

Sasa wrote:My logic tells me the comments from Youtube already reflect the thoughts of elite Chinese...

To be honest, it only reflects the thoughts of partially westernized Chinese, who is far from what I mean "elite". They tend to go into extremes - all day China bashing, or rabid nationalism. Some sensible discussion that I prefer, for example: Financial Times (China version), some official sources (Like m4.cn but they sometimes go into nationalist overdrive and it becomes unreadable), 知乎... etc. Almost all the time I am reading essays, because only with such length you have a real discussion. "Free media" is full of simplistic arguments, written by people who does not even know the basics about China, and usually devolve into insults very quickly.


Sasa wrote:Even pro-China nationalists find hard to deny the truth: China is unlikely to become a developed country

I think you and I will always disagree on how nation building works, so I won't try to convince you any further. You may read again China vs Western bureaucrat from my previous reply. China can and will become a developed country eventually, but in a very different form of what you expect it to be.

Sasa wrote:I never tried to “convince westerners to like Japan” when I found most of them do already.

I never tried to convince you to like China either. I said in the last post "It is not the most likable of countries" I tried to convince you to see their difficulties, and see their achievements despite the odds, but unfortunately you prefer reductionist positions. And why is being "likable" a metric here anyway?

Sasa wrote:By contrast I can’t imagine how I would irritate a non-Chinese in the same way, According to my experience with westerners/Japanese/Taiwanese.

I am irritating you by defending Chinese, and defending authoritarianism, a set of value that you do not agree with. You kept your manner but you are irritated. You accuse me to be a paid poster. Well?


Sasa wrote:I’m surprised how you got so confident with the examples you gave. HK/CNN newspapers always report the outdated news about China?

Yes. Do you think without the all powerful free westerners, Chinese has no way of knowing things? China, at the moment, is a very, very interconnected society my friend. Any social issue gets serious and very heated discussion online. Check 知乎, check Wechat, check 网易, check Weibo. Jesus, just open a mainland website sometimes. There are limits to what you can say, but it is far less from what you believe.
Very, very honestly, most news I read from Hong Kong and western sources, China is simply hell ruled by cartoon villains.

Why are you so confident that all news in China is fake? When was the last time you read a lengthy simplified Chinese article that is written from within China? How soon will you discard a viewpoint when you find it pro-china? Could it be that you are the one brainwashed here?

Sasa wrote:Chinese people vote with feet

I answered this already. Read again. It's under "Immigration" last post.

Sasa wrote:Who insulted Chinese? Whoever claimed their superiority? I just saw the other way round.

"Free-folks" on facebook, youtube etc. Do you ever read facebook? My page is so full of this crap I don't even wanna visit so much anymore. China is regularly called 支那、蝗虫 and all sort of unsavory names, every misery is laughed at, every success is scorned at. I never managed to find such toxicity against foreigners in comparison (Granted, lots of blind hostility as you said, but i found that on both sides). You are also claiming your superiority: You are reasonable, free thinking, rational, polite, and they aren't. Do you think they may agree?
They literally have no merits and you will go to great lengths to argue with me who said they do.
I saw hostility both ways including yourself, you only saw one, and you are only willing to discuss one. I ask you to see from their viewpoints and you flat out refuse. How rational is that?

Sasa wrote:This implied you admit that China does intend to rule the rest of the world?

Read again, I am asking what's wrong with CCP wanting to continue their rule, and how does that lead to wanting to rule the world?

Sasa wrote:I haven’t felt such “Chinese superiority” in others’ post and I haven’t found Potemkin share’s the same view as you.

I told you my belief, where in some areas China is weak, and some areas where it is strong. But you keep twisting my words into "Chinese superiority".
I will say it again "China is not doing good, China is doing its best" That is my position, it's again in my last post.

Your tendency to skip my writings led me to feel that this is another pissing contest going nowhere. Let's call it a day my friend.
#14799062
benpenguin wrote:Because you have a more similar mindset. As I said, these are not people I can make friends with, and they grew their values from a specific environment, which I believe CCP is only partially responsible, but the economy, and the whole system dictates it. For me, it's nonsensual to try assign blame.


Because it descends into a pissing contest in seconds. I have many answers prepared from my various online battles, but I have no interest to deploy them here. :p


To be honest, it only reflects the thoughts of partially westernized Chinese, who is far from what I mean "elite". They tend to go into extremes - all day China bashing, or rabid nationalism. Some sensible discussion that I prefer, for example: Financial Times (China version), some official sources (Like m4.cn but they sometimes go into nationalist overdrive and it becomes unreadable), 知乎... etc. Almost all the time I am reading essays, because only with such length you have a real discussion. "Free media" is full of simplistic arguments, written by people who does not even know the basics about China, and usually devolve into insults very quickly.



I think you and I will always disagree on how nation building works, so I won't try to convince you any further. You may read again China vs Western bureaucrat from my previous reply. China can and will become a developed country eventually, but in a very different form of what you expect it to be.


I never tried to convince you to like China either. I said in the last post "It is not the most likable of countries" I tried to convince you to see their difficulties, and see their achievements despite the odds, but unfortunately you prefer reductionist positions. And why is being "likable" a metric here anyway?


I am irritating you by defending Chinese, and defending authoritarianism, a set of value that you do not agree with. You kept your manner but you are irritated. You accuse me to be a paid poster. Well?



Yes. Do you think without the all powerful free westerners, Chinese has no way of knowing things? China, at the moment, is a very, very interconnected society my friend. Any social issue gets serious and very heated discussion online. Check 知乎, check Wechat, check 网易, check Weibo. Jesus, just open a mainland website sometimes. There are limits to what you can say, but it is far less from what you believe.
Very, very honestly, most news I read from Hong Kong and western sources, China is simply hell ruled by cartoon villains.

Why are you so confident that all news in China is fake? When was the last time you read a lengthy simplified Chinese article that is written from within China? How soon will you discard a viewpoint when you find it pro-china? Could it be that you are the one brainwashed here?


I answered this already. Read again. It's under "Immigration" last post.


"Free-folks" on facebook, youtube etc. Do you ever read facebook? My page is so full of this crap I don't even wanna visit so much anymore. China is regularly called 支那、蝗虫 and all sort of unsavory names, every misery is laughed at, every success is scorned at. I never managed to find such toxicity against foreigners in comparison (Granted, lots of blind hostility as you said, but i found that on both sides). You are also claiming your superiority: You are reasonable, free thinking, rational, polite, and they aren't. Do you think they may agree?
They literally have no merits and you will go to great lengths to argue with me who said they do.
I saw hostility both ways including yourself, you only saw one, and you are only willing to discuss one. I ask you to see from their viewpoints and you flat out refuse. How rational is that?


Read again, I am asking what's wrong with CCP wanting to continue their rule, and how does that lead to wanting to rule the world?


I told you my belief, where in some areas China is weak, and some areas where it is strong. But you keep twisting my words into "Chinese superiority".
I will say it again "China is not doing good, China is doing its best" That is my position, it's again in my last post.

Your tendency to skip my writings led me to feel that this is another pissing contest going nowhere. Let's call it a day my friend.


Since you refuse to talk anymore as the normal pattern of most Chinese chatters, I don't need to comment (though I was about to). The good thing is, eventually you clearly revealed your real status - a genuine pro-Communist mainland Chinese rather than a Hong Konger as you pretended to be. You demonstrated a perfect mindset of a typical Chinese for this thread, not forget to say it's me who got "angered".
#14799063
Potemkin wrote:That's not quite what the Victorian meant. In fact, it implies the opposite. "China is the future, and it always will be" implies that China will never achieve its full potential, but will always be playing catch-up with the West. China will always be a 'promising' nation; it will always have 'potential'; it will always be the 'future', but that future will always keep receding away into, well, the future. It will never actually arrive.

They are the same as socialism then.
#14799068
benpenguin wrote:What a waste of breath. Skip my posts, go for character assasination lol. :excited: Honestly you are no different than the mainlanders you hate so much. You don't have a western mindset. You have a liberal Chinese mindset. There are no shortage of those here in the mainland - it seems going into the free world did not in fact change your ancestral roots! Nice talking to you comrade, I will now collect my 50 cents!


Same pattern again as I concluded earlier, evaluating myself rather than the topic.

I recall you said I had a similar mindset with westerner/Japanese/Taiwanese which is why I feel easy to communicate with them, this time however I was called "no different from a typical mainland Chinese".

Didn't you promise never post anymore within this thread again? If I were you I wouldn't add any new posts, which just undermines your credibility. That's truly the credibility of Chinese. A Japanese guy wouldn't do so.
#14799215
fuser wrote:I never suspected but it turns out that Benpenguin is one of the zillions bots employed by "evil" CCP to spread propaganda on internet to make their coming invasion of the world smoother, oh how have I been fooled for years, thanks, Sasa.

My pleasure, the purpose of this thread is to raise the awareness of Chinese and their potential threats, in the era when more people in the West are distracted by the Muslims, please don't ignore the enemies in far east, they are not as kind as you expected.
#14799538
Sasa wrote:1/3 Chinese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... nic_groups

Ethnic groups
Chinese

74.2%
Malay

13.3%
Indian

9.2%
Other

3.3%

Weird, I have actually been to Singapore, seen the people, talked to people who live there and that doesn't sound right to me at all. People are rarely honest about demographics these days though.
How did you become a socialist?

There was not any one thing in particular that ins[…]

Wow Buzz62, you sure do get angry when people poin[…]

Yes. Typical left wing bullshit. Black people nee[…]

What Capitalism’s Critics Get Wrong

Because that is a logistical impossibility that n[…]