Bill Nye - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By maz
Pants-of-dog wrote:I don't care what "most people believe". Now, when I discussed gender identity, you then started discussing gender issues.

I just gave you a quote from a university that refutes your claim about gender identity.

You should at least acknowledge that some scientists are saying that there is no evidence that gender identity is determined by neurological factors because that is what you are claiming.

Why shouldn't I go on and on about it. You wanted me to explain the gender spectrum, and I could simply regurgitate the definition from the genderspectrum.org website I posted, but what's the point? I understand what they are trying to say it is, but I don't believe it. Besides, the definitions are just going to change in another year or so anyways.
By Pants-of-dog
maz wrote:I just gave you a quote from a university that refutes your claim about gender identity.

No, you just got confused.

Let's start at the beginning. What is my supposed claim?

You should at least acknowledge that some scientists are saying that there is no evidence that gender identity is determined by neurological factors because that is what you are claiming.

No, that is what the Huffington post article claims. Please note that the work by M. Glaeser does not contradict this.

I actually do not care if gender or sex or orientation are genetic or learned or both or neither. It will not change how I deal with LGBT people, and I will simply continue to treat them just like everyone else.

Why shouldn't I go on and on about it. You wanted me to explain the gender spectrum, and I could simply regurgitate the definition from the genderspectrum.org website I posted, but what's the point? I understand what they are trying to say it is, but I don't believe it. Besides, the definitions are just going to change in another year or so anyways.

You should not go on and on about it because you have admitted that you do not know what you are talking about.

Unless you want to further display to others how little you know about this.
By maz
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, you just got confused.

Let's start at the beginning. What is my supposed claim?

Well first you claimed that gender roles are social constructs. I wasn't saying they weren't and I don't think anyone agrees that they aren't social constructs.

Then you said this:

Pants-of-dog wrote:Gender identity is social and neurological and psychological.

Which the neurological part is not conclusive by any means. Sure there have been some studies here and there, a lot of claims and a huge hope that they can find this to be scientifically conclusive.

And if it were actually the case, there would have already been a phenomenon of lot of trans people and people with gender identity disorder all across the world long before like 2009 or whenever this transgender thing started getting popular.
Last edited by maz on 10 May 2017 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
By MememyselfandIJK
@maz @Pants-of-dog

The point is that we all agree that gender is a social construct, and by nature the genders are fundamentally equal. Now we are moving on to Transgender issues where we state that various genders, besides male and female, too are equal.
By Pants-of-dog
maz wrote:Well first you claimed that gender roles are social constructs. I wasn't saying they weren't and I don't think anyone agrees that they aren't social constructs.

Then you said this:

Yes, and please note that the first part was about gender roles, and the second about gender identity.

Which the neurological part is not conclusive by any means. Sure there have been some studies here and there, a lot of claims and a huge hope that they can find this to be scientifically conclusive.

Please see the huffington post article to which you already linked for evidence of a neurological basis. Thank you.

And if it were actually the case, there would have already been a phenomenon of lot of trans people and people with gender identity disorder all across the world long before like 2009 or whenever this transgender thing started getting popular.

Yes. And there were. Are you under the impression that trans people did not exist until cis people noticed them?

a good point here, i am sure we all agree on thi[…]

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]