Why the left is losing - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Buzz62
MistyTiger wrote:They do not really study the platforms of the politicians, do they? I mean that would take them awhile and they would all rather watch sports, shop and get drunk...but whatever! :)

The thing that I think makes American politics so...amusing is, the 2 party choice promotes confrontation instead of collaboration.

Our society (western civilization) has actively created a world in which living conditions are so busy that people simply don't have enough leisure time. In the family unit, its not just normal now, but essential for both partners to work. The politicians and policies are easily blamed for this situation by the general public. We all know the cascading effect this has on a society, as it's been debated to death. However one of these effects is that the public comes to respond better to forces of immediate gratification. Simple is best.

It is simpler to confront a single opponent than it is to collaborate with it.

So says Captain Obvious... 8)
By 4cal
The Immortal Goon wrote:There is a certain utility in pointing out how the word, "left," has lost meaning in this discussion. In an Orwellian sense, a totalitarian social push by the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie has made the very act of imagining the left nearly impossible.

Here the OP casually defines the "left," as being, "centre right." Within my own lifetime, the Clintons went from the extreme right of the Democratic Party to labeled as extreme leftists by the media--and thus everyone else.

This becomes more than an aesthetic problem with the OP. There is a binary it paints where there is the "left," which means a bourgeois dictatorship of their class; and the right, which means defending and saving a bourgeois dictatorship of their class by dividing resistance.

The left, in large measure, specifically addresses what the OP brings up as a novelty. Mass movement and mobilization is, and always was, the tactic and goal for the left. From the Sans Collets putting the Jacobins in charge; to the Storming of the Winter Palace; and even the mass mobilization of a whisper campaign supporting Chinese, Cuban, Irish, and other guerrillas, it is all the mass movement that the OP silently keeps quiet.

Marx started his career in writing about alienation. Two centuries of suppression of the left has resulted in this OP labeling the suppression of the left as a cure for the left, challenged only by greater suppression by the left.

Open a goddamned book. How elitist of me to know facts, but this whole conception collapses under the weight of even a glance at words in print.

A very good post. We must be of the same age range.

The Clintons were anything but liberal when they were in office. Some may have heard the term "welfare to workfare"...that came from the Clinton Administration. If you were to look objectively at the Obama spending proposals; you will surely find some liberal hallmarks but you'd probably be surprised to find that he was not against raising the retirement age:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/1 ... 94833.html
By 4cal
What is the old saying...."The backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town!". I'm certainly not stating that the GOP is inferior to the DNC or vice versa. What I'm saying is that the Democrats have been winning for so long, it is almost hard for them to process the losses over the last ten years.

We'll see how the "back ups" do and that will determine the popularity of the Democrats going forward. So far, the Trump administration has been quite underwhelming.
Cause of two things: Government physical defanging of the Leftist parties. Liberal mental neutering of leftist people and ideology. Manly first world Whites ruins everything whether on the left or right. The right is a farce and caricature of hell it's 90s counterpart, made of old peckerwoods/devils thinking they're oppressed, weeb jackasses, pasty devils. The left has been hijack by LGBT girly pacifistic snowflakes. I hate them all and I hope they kill each other.
By Hong Wu

It's not like people on the right can't LARP too, but it's pretty strongly associated with the left right now.

After all that Trump university stuff, Bernie Sanders is being investigated by the FBI for bank fraud in relation to a failed college program...

Also, the Clinton's were re-labeled because Hillary kept changing what she stood for.
@Hong Wu

Are you nuts, I don't see the left dressing up in faggoty knight armor with form sticks. The worst the left has ever larp was dressing in Soviet Army uniform.

[center-img]https://antifascismnews.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/tradyouth.jpg?w=768&h=425&crop=1[/center-img]
By Hong Wu
Dead Presidents wrote:@Hong Wu

Are you nuts, I don't see the left dressing up in faggoty knight armor with form sticks. The worst the left has ever larp was dressing in Soviet Army uniform.

[center-img]https://antifascismnews.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/tradyouth.jpg?w=768&h=425&crop=1[/center-img]

99% or more of the people in Antifa and college liberal cliques are LARPing being revolutionaries. If wanting to be something made you that thing, the world would be a different place!
By drastic
If the left could stop crying and making excuses for losing, then they might find time to be productive and give people reasons to vote for them. They are overwhelmingly annoying and it's like dealing with adult babies.
drastic wrote:If the left could stop crying and making excuses for losing, then they might find time to be productive and give people reasons to vote for them. They are overwhelmingly annoying and it's like dealing with adult babies.

The left isn't liberals, when you people get it?
drastic wrote:then what exactly are the libs? far left? Dems and libs are leftists to me.

That's because you're ignorant and the result 0f 70 years of red scare and white snowflake propaganda of equating centre neo-liberalism with Bolshevism.
Was it people on Fox News that started the "far left" nonsense term? I'm sure it came out of America somewhere.

Leftists = people on the left
Liberals = people on the right who pretend they are on the left
Rightwingers = people who aren't ashamed to be on the right but are scum regardless

:D
By Hong Wu
Dead Presidents wrote:@Hong Wu

Dressing in Black and having Masks, isn't "larping" dingus. It's being anon.

They're styling themselves as revolutionaries but most of them aren't trying to carry out a revolution. They're beating up trash cans and trashing their local Starbucks even though some of them probably go there or even work there. I consider this to be a form of LARPing, I realize it's not a very intelligent term but what else can I call it?
Hong Wu wrote:They're styling themselves as revolutionaries but most of them aren't trying to carry out a revolution. They're beating up trash cans and trashing their local Starbucks even though some of them probably go there or even work there. I consider this to be a form of LARPing, I realize it's not a very intelligent term but what else can I call it?

I agree, the difference is they're not threaten some Black kids by pointing a gun at them, or threaten a people in public office cause they wanted to impeach a president. But again, you're just a peckerwood who goals are clear. I say let them, it's not like they burning some mom and pop business. I also say let them actually shoot those trumpsters.
By Hong Wu
Dead Presidents wrote:I agree, the difference is they're not threaten some Black kids by pointing a gun at them, or threaten a people in public office cause they wanted to impeach a president. But again, you're just a peckerwood who goals are clear. I say let them, it's not like they burning some mom and pop business. I also say let them actually shoot those trumpsters.

I don't know or care what a peckerwood is but it sounds funny. Anyway, I am pretty sure that they are talking about killing people.

My criticism is not that they aren't killing people (I don't think they should do it), I just vaguely worry sometimes that such is how some people entertain themselves. It seems pretty shitty to me, surely there are better things they could be doing.

To wit, the phrase used a lot during Obama's tenure ("be the change you want to see") is not necessarily about expecting other people to change because you were this thing or whatever, it might also be about being able to change yourself so that you can stop viewing what other people do as necessarily passing a judgment upon you. If you can really do that, you might not care too much what Trump is doing since he isn't really putting the gays into camps etc. Mutatis mutandis (I've always wanted to use that phrase) as each person finds his own way to do that. This obviously isn't going to happen on a large scale but I view it as the only real alternative to rising Trump hysteria.

---

One of the reasons the left is losing is because before the internet, you could be a well-to-do bourgeoisie college communist but you would almost never have to argue with anyone outside of your bubble...
Hong Wu wrote:I don't know or care what a peckerwood is but it sounds funny.

Why would you, why fight your genetics?

Hong Wu wrote:Anyway, I am pretty sure that they are talking about killing people.

Good, I hope they kill those trumpsters.

Hong Wu wrote:My criticism is not that they aren't killing people (I don't think they should do it), I just vaguely worry sometimes that such is how some people entertain themselves. It seems pretty shitty to me, surely there are better things they could be doing.

I can ask that about you, instead of bitching about the plight of whites, just join those larpers. At least they're doing actual something.

Hong Wu wrote:To wit, the phrase used a lot during Obama's tenure ("be the change you want to see") is not necessarily about expecting other people to change because you were this thing or whatever, it might also be about being able to change yourself so that you can stop viewing what other people do as necessarily passing a judgment upon you.

No shit, you telling something a 13 year old would have figure out.

Hong Wu wrote: If you can really do that, you might not care too much what Trump is doing since he isn't really putting the gays into camps etc. Mutatis mutandis (I've always wanted to use that phrase) as each person finds his own way to do that. This obviously isn't going to happen on a large scale but I view it as the only real alternative to rising Trump hysteria.

Trump is going to destroy america and you'll paradoxically accept that in the vain attempt to save white birth rate.
Hong Wu wrote:They're styling themselves as revolutionaries but most of them aren't trying to carry out a revolution. They're beating up trash cans and trashing their local Starbucks even though some of them probably go there or even work there. I consider this to be a form of LARPing, I realize it's not a very intelligent term but what else can I call it?

This form of, "protest," is essentially the only one allowed by the state that liberals such as yourself allow. It is, essentially, an adaptation of the, "Propaganda of the Deed," a profoundly stupid an anarchistic tactic.

Naturally Marxists would point out that breaking a window does not make you a revolutionary. But, again, that's why there is no active left to speak of. Before it was the FBI using informants and rumour to cleave wedges in organizations, it was the FBI straight up murdering organized revolutionaries; before that, it was the Pinkertons straight up shooting revolutionaries; before that, it was the American Legion hanging suspected revolutionaries; before that, it was the National Guard being deployed to shoot them all and butcher their families; before that, it was the posses put together by slave owners; before that it was the army of the republic; and before that it was the royal military.

The modern liberal state was created specifically to stifle the left.

The only way to beat it is, in fact, revolutionary action on a mass scale.

But it always strikes me as rich when liberal get butt-hurt about cowards unable or unwilling to take action; while liberal cowers behind three hundred years of licking their master's boots.
The Immortal Goon wrote:This form of, "protest," is essentially the only one allowed by the state that liberals such as yourself allow.

This is a bizarre statement. "Protest" is pervasively allowed providing it is non-violent, but randomly assaulting people with bikelocks or burning municipal bins (definite health and safety as well as environmental issues with this) are illegal.

Besides revolutionaries aren't supposed to be constrained by that which is "allowed". Who is ever going to make revolution legal, lol?
Is someone denying that?

The post was in response to yet another blubbering victim of, "LARPing," which as far as I know doesn't have any real casualties or revolutionary potential.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]