Fox News is Dead; Time to cut the cord. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

blackjack21 wrote:James and Lachlan Murdoch are killing off FoxNews--effectively destroying their inheritance. Dumb ass kids with commie wives. It seems they want to get into the European market, which is more or less left-of-center programming, and saturated. After firing Bill O'Reilly, their ratings are coming in at third place, behind MSNBC and Rachel Maddow (good man).

I laregely agree. The Murdoch brothers have royally hosed Fox, for what ever reason. I mean they have more money than they can spend, and it is very possible they don't care if they destroy it or not.

I've been working in the TV News industry for 27 years now, and I have been in stations from coast to coast and border to border (as well as some international stations as well), and Fox used to be a well oiled machine, but as of late, it is a cluster flop.
@blackjack21

Wow, you sure know how to treat your guests! Are they like rich guests or something? Or you just want them to see how rich you are? :hmm:

People can stream shows and movies from their phone. Every major broadcaster has an app. Xfinity has an app, HBO has an app, ABC has an app...etc. If everyone uses their phone to watch movies, then you will pay less on your electricity bill but maybe you don't care about that.

Do all your guests use the big TVs? If they don't, then buying all the screens was not a worthwhile investment.
blackjack21 wrote:That's why I look at my DirectTV bill and scratch my head.

Most European countries have to pay for the propaganda, they are fed via TV-Screens or radio waves.

In Germany, you are forced to pay a tax, because you can theoretically watch TV or listen to radio broadcasts, even if you do not have neither a TV set, nor a radio.

It is assumed that you are using the outlets of Public broadcasting via internet, if you have a PC or a smart phone.

This way they can pay the salaries to all these stupid and disgusting talking heads in the boob tube and other outlets of the Public broadcasting, that would not survive in a free competition.
MistyTiger wrote:Wow, you sure know how to treat your guests! Are they like rich guests or something? Or you just want them to see how rich you are? :hmm:

Mostly family, and only about 3 months of the year. I'm a football fan, but I'm not a baseball or basketball fan. In my last house, I had the one 75-inch 1080p screen, and a tiny one in my bedroom. A friend of a friend asked to crash at my house for the weekend when he was in a fight with his wife. I said it was cool. He went down to SoCal to visit family the next week, and when he returned his wife had changed the lock on the doors and they divorced. He ended up staying with me for 5 months while going through divorce. He'd want to watch baseball and basketball on my big screen. I didn't have TVs in my guestrooms at the time. So I suffered a bit.

When I moved, I went from a 5-bedroom 3-bath house to a four bedroom 4-1/2 bath house where the guest rooms have their own on-suite bathrooms. I decided to put TVs in the guest rooms so I wouldn't be stuck watching basketball. I kept the 75-inch 1080p, which is in my upstairs bonus room, and I have a 75-inch 4k in my living room with Dolby Atmos in a 5.1.4 configuration. It's awesome. That way, I don't have to share.

If I move again, my floor plan will be substantially the same, but I'll add an elevator. My father's twin brother stays with me in the winter, and his younger brother (my uncle as well) wanted to stay at my place one night, but my other uncle wasn't willing to give up the downstairs bedroom. My younger uncle uses a walker, as he has peripheral neuropathy. He couldn't take the stairs and use the upstairs bedroom. So I think if I build another house, I'll put in an elevator and have one bedroom configured for handicap use.

MistyTiger wrote:People can stream shows and movies from their phone. Every major broadcaster has an app. Xfinity has an app, HBO has an app, ABC has an app...etc. If everyone uses their phone to watch movies, then you will pay less on your electricity bill but maybe you don't care about that.

Yeah, but older people don't usually do that. And no, I don't care about electricity. I have 30 solar panels on the roof. I'm not a big believer in climate change, but I do believe in federal tax credits and cap-and-trade energy bills. As we speak, I'm keeping the house at about 75 degrees. That would cost about $450 a month in California in a 3150 sq ft house. I don't pay a dime for it now. I don't feel the least bit guilty running a wash in the afternoon, etc.
Ah, you are on the West coast...that explains it. When I lived near Seattle, we lived not far from a hydroelectric plant so water and electricity were fairly cheap. But solar power would not have worked there, days were mostly cloudy and moist. It was usually misty, not so much rain.

Now I live on the East coast where water and electricity cost more. There are no hydroelectric plants in the area, only one nuclear power plant roughly 60 miles away. Having solar panels would not benefit me throughout the whole year since we still get a fair bit of cloudy days, just without the palm-sized slugs of Seattle. I'm near the seacoast and it can rain hard, yet they complain about Seattle rain. It rains more here than Seattle though. :lol:
I never did like the network since it pronounced itself as “fair and balanced.” There is nothing wrong with that except for the implication that other networks are not “fair” or “balanced”. It is especially amusing since the two things even most watchers of FOX would agree on is that they are neither fair and certainly are not balanced.

I believe what you’ll see more and more of is newspapers broadening into the broadcast media to help sustain the print side of the business. Despite what is read on the Internet, newspapers with their in-depth reporting and ability to ignore length limitations are the only real homes form in-depth analysis.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]