News habits - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By The Immortal Goon
RTE, PBS, Irish National Caucus, Google News, Reddit, and JSTOR Daily--not necessarily in that order.

I have Feedly, which updates these and a variety of other things. But I probably view these more often than other as news sources. If a story interests me, I'll generally see how Fox, Breitbart, HuffPo, and Daily Cos try to spin it. Usually it's obvious, but it's always informative to see how various shades of liberalism is spinning an issue.
By Frollein
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Decky there are enough private news sources out there that you don't have to resort to far-right sources.

For what I read:

So "mediabiasfactcheck" deems all your left sources as highly factual, and the rightist source as mixed. Interesting. What's the bias of this "factcheck" site, I wonder?
@Frollein Maybe actually look at the site before you make gross generalizations? There are plenty of left sources that are mixed (AlterNet for example) and factual right sources.
By Deutschmania
Television - Free Speech TV , Link TV , and RT . Internet - The New York Times ( mostly just for headlines ) , The Guardian , The Young Turks Network , and maybe Telesur . Magazines - The Week , Rolling Stone , and The Utne Reader .
By Deutschmania
Frollein wrote:So "mediabiasfactcheck" deems all your left sources as highly factual, and the rightist source as mixed. Interesting. What's the bias of this "factcheck" site, I wonder?

Although I do not wish to give credence to the commission of a logical fallacy , according to their own about section , the site was founded by David Van Zandt , whom is also the current head of The New School . So make of that what you will .
By Frollein
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Frollein Maybe actually look at the site before you make gross generalizations? There are plenty of left sources that are mixed (AlterNet for example) and factual right sources.

I didn't generalize - I explicitely said "your sources." And I asked a question, which is the opposite of generalization. :)
By Ter
I am at a loss..
The news I used to read and trust to some extent, NYT, Google News, RT, BBC, The Atlantic, The New Yorker, Drudge, Fox, The Guardian, all of them have shown themselves to be heavily biased, much more than a year ago. Trump has changed everything.
I still look at them but with slanted eyes, I do not trust any of them.

(Sky News, Huff Post and Slate are totally out, I will not read them again)
By anna
Decky wrote:Infowars.com and only infowars.com. Everything thing else is (((corporate))) controlled. Info wars is self funding so you can trust everything it says, they have no reason to take bribes from vested interests to put out their propaganda.

Infowars? The Sandy Hook truther, 9/11 truther, Operation Jade Helm means the Feds are going take over Texas Infowars?

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]