Kathy Griffin Saga? A Case of Hypocrisy? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

stephen50right wrote:Holding a mock severed head of a president is not the same as say a crucifix in urine.

Yes, some might say it's a matter of artistic taste? Not in this case...it's a matter of law and the Secret Service will by law investigate Kathy Griffin.

Speaking of law , I don't see how anything may be done to hold Kathy Griffin liable , given Brandenburg v . Ohio . Since it doesn't appear that she made any explicit direct threat of imminent violence , I would expect that such a display will be protected under the First Amendment .
There is only one reason to be upset about this:

AV Club wrote:Griffin’s photo ultimately meant we all got to spend a typically unproductive few days being mad at her, or mad at the people mad at her, or just generally angry at the world, those being the three major occupations of the American electorate right now. But one group had a more personal grudge against the comedian, one that’s been overshadowed in the more general ragestorm: GWAR.

The band’s bloody-minded bassist, Beefcake The Mighty, hopped on Facebook this week to remind the world that, while Kathy Griffin might be the hot new presidential decapitator on the block, GWAR’s been in the game for years. (Helpful visuals, including the severed heads of Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama, are included to make the point.) The message then transitions into the slightly less brutal world of tour promotion, with Beefcake reminding GWAR fans that they can see the band’s head-chopping antics at Van’s Warped Tour this summer. Still, the point is clear: Be polite, don’t steal bits from heavy metal murder monsters.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]