How to win elections and make money in a selfish nation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

HOW TO WIN ELECTIONS AND MAKE A BUCK!
by Qatzel Ok

In a nation of absolutely selfish people who have no regard for anything like the "collective good," it's relatively easy to win elections and make a buck (lots of bucks!) for you and your allies.

All you have to do is promise to give one cent to 51% of the voting public while taking a dollar from the other 49%.

The absolutely selfish will all vote for "gaining one cent," while the others will vote against you... but lose.

Then you collect your money. And this should give you enough of a surplus to analyse data to search for the next election strategy (defining which 51% will get a penny).

I posit that this is basically how first-past-the-post democracy works... at its best.

soundtrack
Last edited by QatzelOk on 06 Jun 2017 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
MememyselfandIJK wrote:And now instead of paying anyone 1 cent, Trump is taking away $100 from everyone. :lol:

Trump went with the Electoral College instead of the popular vote, promising certain key demographics "their cent" while planning to take away a lot of dollars from everyone.

The "cent" he promised was to "make america great again" which, for american coal miners and oil rig workers meant "make america Dickensian again."

The dollars he planned on taking are already falling into his lap as he empowers the CEOs of many multinationals.

Obviously this formula is figurative, but the principle remains: when a society has been conditioned for absolute selfishness, it's easy to gain power over people.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]