Would Boris Johnson make a better Prime Minister than Theresa May? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Former Chancellor George Osborne has told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that Theresa May is a "dead woman walking" and that the only question is when the prime minister will go.
The London Evening Standard's editor went on to say that Boris Johnson is "in a permanent leadership campaign" and said that his paper will attack "left and right".

BBC
To answer your thread... FUCK NO! If BoJo the clown became our PM, we may as well bend over and give up whatever global respect we have to someone else. The fact he is Home secretary is bad enough. As much as I believe May should go, I can't think of a Tory to replace her. Perhaps Hammond. He seems level headed. But honestly, he is really needed a in number 11. He seems like a Chancellor who understands the UK can't afford to not live within its means. We have no choice to ride out this shit show we currently have in Westminister and pray for a Centrist charismatic Leader like Macron appears in one of our leading parties before the next general election. Otherwise we are fucked.
He would make a better candidate for sure, because there will be snap elections again soon. If they want to stop Corbyn they will need that clown. How was he as Mayor of London by the way?

Former Chancellor George Osborne has told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that Theresa May is a "dead woman walking" and that the only question is when the prime minister will go.

Exactly.
Beren wrote:He would make a better candidate for sure, because there will be snap elections again soon. If they want to stop Corbyn they will need that clown. How was he as Mayor of London by the way?

Beren, I know from Hungary it must appear that the UK are insane - and perhaps we are if the past two years are anything to go by. But the Clown would only destroy the Tories and strengthen Corbyn. The UK are foolish not suicidal. I hate the Tories, but I would like the UK to start thinking of foreign opinion and global respect more. BoJo as PM would make the UK even more of a laughing stock. It's either Hammond or May. Or even a Cameron return. No one else can take on the Job. It is that simple. As for BoJo becoming London major. That is simple. He was completing against a hated candidate in Livingston and he had the youth vote who came out and supported him (which he has now completely lost) as they thought it was funny to do so. The joke has turned out to back fire on them as now he seems to get high profile jobs. But there was no way they could have known that at the time. Perhaps this should be a lesson the youth should learn as they now are backing another dead horse in Corbyn. But for now, we have to just see what happens and cross our fingers that whatever mess May makes in the next few years, the next PM can reverse it. Otherwise I best start looking to move north of the border.
B0ycey wrote:Beren, I know from Hungary it must appear that the UK are insane - and perhaps we are if the past two years are anything to go by. But the Clown would only destroy the Tories and strengthen Corbyn.

I think the UK looks the same from anywhere except for Reddit and Trumpland.

In my opinion Johnson is a smart politician actually who's already proved he knows how to win elections. He also bet his chips on the Leave campaign at the right time, which pays him off big time. So if his legacy as Mayor of London is solid, then he could be a match to Corbyn.
Beren wrote:In my opinion Johnson is a smart politician actually who's already proved he knows how to win elections. He also bet his chips on the Leave campaign at the right time, which pays him off big time. So if his legacy as Mayor of London is solid, then he could be a match to Corbyn.

Smart? Well I knew we couldn't agree on everything. The guy is a Clown. Unfortunately he is a lucky clown who happens to turn up at the right place at the right time. But his approval rating outside of Tory strongholds is very low. So his luck would run out in an election. If the Tories want to give up their global respect, then sure back the Clown. Otherwise they should bring in someone else if they want to overthrow May. Ideally someone who doesn't sound like an Eton drone.
It's hard to know what to make of Johnstone i personally think the whole clown thing is just an act. Acting like an eccentric fool to make somepeople like him. He would make Britain look ridiculous but then May is already doing that. Whoever takes over the Tory party will just be, like May, a puppet of Paul Dacre anyway.
B0ycey wrote:Smart? Well I knew we couldn't agree on everything. The guy is a Clown. Unfortunately he is a lucky clown who happens to turn up at the right place at the right time. But his approval rating outside of Tory strongholds is very low. So his luck would run out in an election. If the Tories want to give up their global respect, then sure back the Clown. Otherwise they should bring in someone else if they want to overthrow May. Ideally someone who doesn't sound like an Eton drone.

I tend do agree. Personally the Tories should have Boris Johnson as their new Prime Minister as they would be decimated in the next election.

Beren wrote:Do you really believe it's possible? He's a smart clown I would say.

I believe it is possible because that is what has happened. I remember the London election. I remember Livingstone being hated. I remember people voting for BoJo as a joke. I remember the bullshit coming from the Leave camp and the lies they told. BoJo telling the biggest ones. I also remember him shitting his pants when 'Leave' won and he realised he had fucked up big time. He is not smart. He is lucky. But that is my opinion and if you think he's smart we will definitely disagree. But being lucky doesn't mean he's a good replacement for May. Unfortunately Beren, these talks are just as important for the EU as they are for the UK. If you want BoJo the clown to replace May in negotiations than all I can say is the same as what I say to the Leavers. Be careful with what you wish for.
B0ycey wrote:I believe it is possible because that is what has happened. I remember the London election. I remember Livingstone being hated. I remember people voting for BoJo as a joke. I remember the bullshit coming from the Leave camp and the lies they told. BoJo telling the biggest ones. I also remember him shitting his pants when 'Leave' won and he realised he had fucked up big time. He is not smart. He is lucky. But that is my opinion and if you think he's smart we will definitely disagree. But being lucky doesn't mean he's a good replacement for May. Unfortunately Beren, these talks are just as important for the EU as they are for the UK. If you want BoJo the clown to replace May in negotiations than all I can say is the same as what I say to the Leavers. Be careful with what you wish for.

If he's just always at the right place at the right time, then he must be either extremely lucky or smart. I don't want him to succeed any further, but I believe he must be the next choice of the Conservative Party if they want to stop Corbyn. It seems he also believes that.
B0ycey wrote:I believe it is possible because that is what has happened. I remember the London election. I remember Livingstone being hated. I remember people voting for BoJo as a joke. I remember the bullshit coming from the Leave camp and the lies they told. BoJo telling the biggest ones. I also remember him shitting his pants when 'Leave' won and he realised he had fucked up big time. He is not smart. He is lucky. But that is my opinion and if you think he's smart we will definitely disagree. But being lucky doesn't mean he's a good replacement for May. Unfortunately Beren, these talks are just as important for the EU as they are for the UK. If you want BoJo the clown to replace May in negotiations than all I can say is the same as what I say to the Leavers. Be careful with what you wish for.

That, I'm afraid, may be presuming to much.

An even more incompetent and impotent executive of the UK might precisely be what is in the EU's best interest at this moment. Many feel that our relationship has changed to a european version of China and Taiwan. I do no agree with this assessment but it will be hard to deny what Brussels will most likely do in the future; anything that is in its best interests.

How can we pretend that UK foreign policy doesn't seem to have changed in 700 years or more? A divided Europe is a good Europe?

The EU is far from perfect, it will require constant maintenance and reform, and you just threw out the baby with the bath water.
AFAIK wrote:When he visited Israel as foreign secretary he voiced strong opposition to BDS campaigns. This pissed off the Palestinians to the point of cancelling all their meetings with him. He's not good at winning friends and influencing people.

Who hasn't he pissed off. How many BoJo boo boos has he done in his short reign as foreign Secretary? He even had a slap around the knuckles from May for critising the Saudi's not so long ago as she came back from a trade deal. Then he had to apologize to Trump, famously slated Clinton and offended the Italians. He is detested by Putin and ridiculed by China. So if the Tories consider him PM material then they can kiss goodbye to an election victory in a while. The irony is I thought that of Labour only a few months back. How have the Tories messed up so badly!?
Boris is very personable, he has sense of humour and doesn't take himself too seriously and for this reason very much less charismatic people call him a clown. You can't please everyone, especially in politics, someone will describe you in unflattering terms, that much is guaranteed but it means nothing. They called Trump a clown but it didn't stop him winning an election against all the odds. Corbyn cuddles terrorists but that didn't stop him winning a few extra seats even while his jihadi buddies are attacking people in the street.

May may be good enough, though honestly she does lack for charisma. Boris will surely be better for winning elections given his charisma.
SolarCross wrote: Corbyn cuddles terrorists but that didn't stop him winning a few extra seats even while his jihadi buddies are attacking people in the street.

The Democratic Unionist Party, a party of terrorists, is to get in bed with the Tory Party at the request of Theresa May. She is desperate to stay in power at any cost.

anarchist23 wrote:The Democratic Unionist Party, a party of terrorists, is to get in bed with the Tory Party at the request of Theresa May. She is desperate to stay in power at any cost.

The DUP might fairly be said to have links with paramilitary organisations but the really crucial difference is that they are loyalist "terrorists" not enemy ones. In contrast Corbyn loves enemy terrorists and only enemy terrorists and not because he needs them to scrape through a bungled election but because he loves anyone who is an enemy of the UK or the UK's allies. This is why he kisses the bottoms of the IRA but shuns the DUP, why he fellates Hamas but turns his nose up at Likud.

Fun fact: DUP leader Arlene Foster's dad was shot at and severely wounded by IRA terrorists and when she was in school the bus she rode on was targeted by the IRA bombers.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]