Why do Bakers have to Bake Cakes they don't Agree with but Google etc. can discriminate? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Refusing to sell Condoms is not an equivalent example. And is absurd. As is that ham one. Selling prepackaged pre-made cheaper product in a cheap cardboard box is not equivalent to being forced to bake a custom made cake from absolute scratch, which most wedding cakes are

An equivalent example would be a woman going to a Catholic doctor and asking the Catholic doctor for an Abortion or reference to a person who will perform one. Or you know, a Gay Couple going to a Catholic Church and expecting the Priest will perform the service. That's basically what this baker is being forced to do, a custom job for a gay wedding when his religious beliefs should excuse him from having to perform the custom service.

The line is clear. Prepackaged product with little input from the religious person except for the sale VS forcing said religious person to perform a custom job they won't like and that you could have gotten someone else to do.
If your job is baking custom cakes, then you aren't doing anything that your job wouldn't normally make you do, to serve people of a different religion, or sexual orientation. Saying the baker is doing something he normally wouldn't do, is bullshit. The only thing he's doing is putting 2 guys/2 girls on top of the cake, instead of a guy and a girl.

The baker's being asked to bake a cake, not attend the wedding, or fuck the groom.
Godstud wrote:If your job is baking custom cakes, then you aren't doing anything that your job wouldn't normally make you do, to serve people of a different religion, or sexual orientation. Saying the baker is doing something he normally wouldn't do, is bullshit. The only thing he's doing is putting 2 guys/2 girls on top of the cake, instead of a guy and a girl.

The baker's being asked to bake a cake, not attend the wedding, or fuck the groom.

Noting wrong with serving people of a different persuasion. The problem is the event they want him to do the damn wedding cake for. But you already knew that.

Plus their obvious other easy choices. Go to someone else you cunts. The customer is not God.
colliric wrote:Refusing to sell Condoms is not an equivalent example. And is absurd. As is that ham one. Selling prepackaged pre-made cheaper product in a cheap cardboard box is not equivalent to being forced to bake a custom made cake from absolute scratch, which most wedding cakes are

An equivalent example would be a woman going to a Catholic doctor and asking the Catholic doctor for an Abortion or reference to a person who will perform one. Or you know, a Gay Couple going to a Catholic Church and expecting the Priest will perform the service. That's basically what this baker is being forced to do, a custom job for a gay wedding when his religious beliefs should excuse him from having to perform the custom service.

The line is clear. Prepackaged product with little input from the religious person except for the sale VS forcing said religious person to perform a custom job they won't like and that you could have gotten someone else to do.

This seems completely arbitrary. The fact that something is handmade should have no bearing on whether or not a business can discriminate against someone by refusing service to someone.

That would be like saying I can refuse service to people if I draw my construction drawings by hand, but not if I use a computer.
colliric wrote:Refusing to sell Condoms is not an equivalent example. And is absurd. As is that ham one. Selling prepackaged pre-made cheaper product in a cheap cardboard box is not equivalent to being forced to bake a custom made cake from absolute scratch, which most wedding cakes are

Can I discriminate against catholic weddings I find the objectionable?

or it the right to discriminate you seek only to one way against one group.
Godstud wrote:Maybe this will help:

Martyr
a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.

Sorry, but getting fired for your beliefs, is not martyrdom.

I disagree with you here. Taking aways someone's ability to feed and house themselves is a kind of soft murder. It can easily ruins someone's life.

So it counts as martyrdom.

Deutschmania wrote: Image

We're already 'there.' Just change the text to: "Your government isn't like ours (business friendly) so we're going to have to destroy your infrastructure and culture."

Swimming across the Mediterranean to avoid slave-traders is much harder than paying for merchandise at multiple cashiers.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? People (not just[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]