Is the "Alt-Left" Hurting the Republicans, or the Democrats? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

One Degree wrote:In the liberal world, if they say it does not exist then reality immediately changes to support their position. You see they chose not to be identified with that term. :lol:

I know.
But POD is the ONLY "leftie" here who actually believes the position he takes, and takes actions to do so. I must respect that, even if I disagree with his ideals and tactics.

It's apparently true that the terms "alt-right" and "alt-left" were coined by the right.
It is not true that the term is not relevant, or that this "alt-left" movement does not exist.
It does, and it attacks at the drop of a pin. The organizations that fall under this umbrella are as insidious as the "alt-right". BOTH should be shunned and ignored till they wither and go the way of the DoeDoe.
Pants-of-dog wrote:There is no real alt-left.

Yes.
Look at the crimes committed by the far right such as the Oklahoma Bombing...
There is every reason to believe that the attack was a call for revolution by the far right wing of this country, organized through the widespread militia movement and carried out by one of the leaderless terror cells created by that movement.
It is probable that the three men being held in connection with the bombing—Timothy McVeigh, James Nichols and his brother Terry Nichols—are all members of that same militia cell.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Timothy_McVeigh[/quote]
The Immortal Goon wrote:So the "alt-left," is just another name for POD.

Wow, this term is very useful. Thank you for making it up.

:lol:
OK so what would you call a person who believes that people who dig fascism, should be silenced and attacked at every turn?
Its difficult, isn't it. On one side, you have a bunch of hill billies who have some offensive ideas.
On the other side, you have a bunch of what...
People who want to fight with the hill-billies?

You pick the "bucket names" I don't care...
Buzz62 wrote:OK so what would you call a person who believes that people who dig fascism, should be silenced and attacked at every turn?

Decky beat me to it, but we used to call them "people that aren't suckers."

And we used to know how to deal with suckers.

Now it's whining about feelings and trying to come up with edgy labels about how mean it is when people don't like fascism.
One Degree wrote:Nope, that was already going on. Guess again.

If you're going to say Leftists, I strongly ask you to open up a basic book about history before you go on. The IWW, Marxists, and Anarchists were being routinely hanged and murdered by Pinkertons, the police, and the National Guard well into the 19th century.

And this got into a more frothy Red Scare after the Russian Revolution in 1917.

I'm assuming, hoping and praying, that you had a very basic knowledge of the United States and weren't going to say that.

---

So I'll guess again—the Mexicans?
The Immortal Goon wrote:If you're going to say Leftists, I strongly ask you to open up a basic book about history before you go on. The IWW, Marxists, and Anarchists were being routinely hanged and murdered by Pinkertons, the police, and the National Guard well into the 19th century.

And this got into a more frothy Red Scare after the Russian Revolution in 1917.

I'm assuming, hoping and praying, that you had a very basic knowledge of the United States and weren't going to say that.

---

So I'll guess again—the Mexicans?

Kid's stuff compared to McCarthyism and the Cold War.
Its not Germans you are proposing to "wipe out".
Its Americans. people who live under the umbrella of American ideals.
You know...inconvenient things like free-speech.

Look, this circular argument is silly now.
So why don't you all petition to edit the constitutions of all western nations, so that anyone who has a nasty thought, and speaks that nasty thought out loud for you to hear, can be shot on site. Also, just to make sure everyone is kept in line, edit the bits concerning the rights to protest. Make it so that a person's right to speak their minds, and engage in protests, must have their ideas approved by your panel of experts. Any the panel do not approve, will result in arrest of the protestor, and death.

After we're done cleaning up our minds, we can begin to clean up our bodies. And what more expedient way to do that then to simply kill all fat people? I mean hell...it was good for Nazis...
I came on to say that I'd rather be a blacklisted Hollywood writer than see my family mowed down with a Gatling gun.

I have really no idea what the above means or who it was directed to. It reads like some kind of rightwing logical fallacy generator. If you are responding to me, than please say something specific--or at least in any kind of context.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? People (not just[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]