How Breitbart Smuggled Nazi & White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Self-professing American Nazis and white nationalists help provide advising and ideas for Breitbart staff.

"Oh, calling those Nazis Nazis is kind of unfair."

"Who knows what Nazism means [besides fascism, (Germanic) racial supremacy, genocide, murder]?"

It's oh so confusing!
Pants-of-dog wrote:It seems pretty clear that the alt-right media makes good bank of off this.

Racism sells.

Brenton is worth millions, the Mercers are worth billions. I doubt financial gain is their motive.

noir wrote:The confusion is going back to the war years itself and the allies anti Nazi propaganda.

True. The old propaganda has assumed a life of it’s own.

However, the neoNazis are revolting. The mainstream is sick of political correct oppression but has no interest in anti-Semitism. It was a mistake on the movers behind the alt-right to associate, even indirectly, with neoNazis. Breitbrat mistook opposing political correctness with being politically incorrect. Just because ideas are unacceptable to political correctness doesn’t mean those ideas are OK.

I am glad to see Yiannopolous has rejected the neoNazi goon squad and now supports Israel. There may be hope for him yet. He is young and is still learning what the world is about. He does a good job testing boundaries of PC taboo, but some things are beyond the pale. I hope he understands that now.
The confusion is going back to the war years itself and the allies anti Nazi propaganda.

Indeed. Most Allied soldiers or civilians knew almost nothing about actual Nazi ideology, and cared even less. The Nazis were their governments' chosen enemies, and that was that. Likewise, most Westerners knew pretty much nothing about Communist ideology during the Cold War, and cared even less. The purpose of propaganda, after all, is not not enlighten people, but to enlist and maintain their support against an enemy state. Besides, most people aren't interested in ideas. They leave that sort of thing to the nerds and the poindexters of this world. This is still the case to this day, hence the political and ideological naivete of Breitbart and the alt-right in general. They seem to be as naive about neo-Nazism as the middle-class liberal 'fellow travellers' were about Stalinism back in the 1930s. Lol.
Bulaba Jones wrote:"Who knows what Nazism means [besides fascism, (Germanic) racial supremacy, genocide, murder]?"

It's oh so confusing!

Communism means genocide, we've seen this numerous times, the Holdomor , Pol Pott, the great leap forward, North Korea. Even liberalism can mean genoicde: the blockade of Germany in 1919 after they had tricked the Germans into laying down their arms, the fire bombing of Germany and Japan in WWII, the sanctions against Iraq. Everyone commits genocide at the end of the day if they have the means and the predicament is dire enough. What was our policy in the Cold War: MAD mutually assured destruction, a better name would have been Mutually Assured Genocide. MAD was just a euphemism like the term de-housing used in the second world war.

No what's so sick about Communists is not that they genocide, everyone does that (given the power and an imagined advantage from genociding), but that they even genocide their own.
I read the article, it was long but not completely uninteresting. One of the interesting things was that Breitbart whilst being champions of free speech did have its own limits and practised some self-censorship. It seems political correctness is somewhat inescapable if even its most virulent critics succumb to it themselves.

Editing a September 2016 Yiannopoulos speech, Marlow approved a joke about “shekels” but added that “you can’t even flirt with OKing gas chamber tweets,” asking for such a line to be removed. Marlow held a story about Twitter banning a prominent — frequently anti-Semitic and anti-black — alt-right account, “Ricky Vaughn.” And in August 2016, Bokhari sent Marlow a draft of a story titled “The Alt Right Isn’t White Supremacist, It’s Western Supremacist,” which Marlow held, explaining, “I don’t want to even flirt with okay-ing Nazi memes.”

“We have found his limit,” Yiannopoulos wrote back.
Steve Bannon's an ardent Zionist. He's also anti-abortion. Anti-abortionism is the very heart of Cuckservatism. Steve Bannon is not the slightest bit Neo-Nazi. Don't get me wrong though, I am appalled by the Isamophillia of some of these Neo Nazi types.
I just finished reading the article.

It's kind of impressive what Astro-turf the whole thing is. It's international billionaires getting idiots to dance to their liking. All in the name of being edgy against international billionaires. It almost made me feel pity for the dancing idiots.
The Immortal Goon wrote:I just finished reading the article.

It's kind of impressive what Astro-turf the whole thing is. It's international billionaires getting idiots to dance to their liking. All in the name of being edgy against international billionaires. It almost made me feel pity for the dancing idiots.

Why so surprised? Soros has been doing it for ages. Large corporations push political agendas too. Why is it different when it is the Mercers doing it?

Pants-of-dog wrote:This is easily disproved by the simple fact that rich people constantly and consistently invest their money In order to make more money.

The Mercedes have much better ways of making money. That isn’t their motive. Furthermore, Bannon stuck to his beliefs while in the Whitehouse. He could have just used his position to cash in. The motive is other than money.

Now, were you to say Alex Jones does it for the money, you would have a case. But then Tim Wise has made a nice career out of the culture wars too. Is he above criticism because he is on the other side?
foxdemon wrote:Why so surprised? Soros has been doing it for ages. Large corporations push political agendas too. Why is it different when it is the Mercers doing it?

Oh, I'm not surprised. It's just impressive that these giant billionaires were able to spoon-feed idiots the idea that the Nazis had some good ideas.
Rich wrote:Communism means genocide, we've seen this numerous times, the Holdomor , Pol Pott, the great leap forward, North Korea. Even liberalism can mean genoicde: the blockade of Germany in 1919 after they had tricked the Germans into laying down their arms, the fire bombing of Germany and Japan in WWII, the sanctions against Iraq. Everyone commits genocide at the end of the day if they have the means and the predicament is dire enough. What was our policy in the Cold War: MAD mutually assured destruction, a better name would have been Mutually Assured Genocide. MAD was just a euphemism like the term de-housing used in the second world war.

No what's so sick about Communists is not that they genocide, everyone does that (given the power and an imagined advantage from genociding), but that they even genocide their own.

Communism doesn't mean genocide. Communists murder their own elite though, sometimes on a large scale like in Cambodia, which is incredibly stupid. That's in addition to all the other stupidities of Communism. In practice Communist countries dropped many of their most destructive cultural/social ideas over time though, which shows that after the initial ideological excesses there was some pragmatism as reality caught up with them.

---------------------------------

As for the OP, I haven't read the whole article yet, so just two comments about the parts I've read:

“Protip on handling the endless tide of 1488 scum,” Curtis Yarvin, the neoreactionary thinker, wrote to Yiannopoulos in November 2015. (“1488” is a ubiquitous white supremacist slogan; “88” stands for “Heil Hitler.”) “Deal with them the way some perfectly tailored high-communist NYT reporter handles a herd of greasy anarchist hippies. Patronizing contempt. Your heart is in the right place, young lady, now get a shower and shave those pits. The liberal doesn’t purge the communist because he hates communism, he purges the communist because the communist is a public embarrassment to him. … It’s not that he sees enemies to the left, just that he sees losers to the left, and losers rub off.”

I very much agree. 1488 scum need to be harnessed in the same way the left uses their own extremists.

And the cache of emails — some of the most newsworthy of which BuzzFeed News is now making public — expose the extent to which this machine depended on Yiannopoulos, who channeled voices both inside and outside the establishment into a clear narrative about the threat liberal discourse posed to America. The emails tell the story of Steve Bannon’s grand plan for Yiannopoulos, whom the Breitbart executive chairman transformed from a charismatic young editor into a conservative media star capable of magnetizing a new generation of reactionary anger. Often, the documents reveal, this anger came from a legion of secret sympathizers in Silicon Valley, Hollywood, academia, suburbia, and everywhere in between.

Very encouraging and good news, if true.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]