Muslim outrage on social networks after video of 2 American women degrading the Quran went viral - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Short answer would be you can't give any example of a single Islamic country that doesn't have Sharia as the law..... oh well, as expected all you have is an agenda. :roll:

Everyone is tired of Islam in the West and we shouldn't even need to be concerned about Islam because that's not our issue or problem.

Tired of discussing Muslims and their bullshit. Move to Islamic countries since Islam is so good, leave us here and go live in the countries you actually belong in.

Oxymandias wrote:@Politiks

Here you go:

Proof you did say this.

And like I said before, just because Islamic countries have Islam intertwined with the government doesn't mean that it's theologically correct or the only interpretation of Islam. Some interpretations of Islam advocate for seperation between church and state and many prominent Islamic scholars from the Golden Age through the early 19th century advocated for such a separation.

In other words the fact that many countries with an Islamic majority have Islam as a state religion is meaningless as an argument against Islam as an ideology. We are talking about ideology, not the current conditions of the Middle East and why Islam is a state religion in Islamic majority countries.

Actually there are many similarities between Protestantism and Sunnism and Catholics and Shias. I won't go into these similarities now because at this point their irrelevant to the discussion. I just want to let you know that there is a history of cooperation between Sunnis and Protestants and Shias and Catholics due to these similarities.

Oh really? Then tell me when Sharia Law was created then? Just because Sharia law is based off of the Quran and the hadiths doesn't mean it's true and you have not given any arguments that prove that Sharia law is true because it's based off of the Quran and hadiths. Remember, the Quran is vague and the hadiths may or may not be wrong.

Oh really? Then tell that to all those Islamic scholars who have proved that there is free will in Islam through the soul. The Quran never states for you to abandon your identity and actually encourages you to keep it according to several Islamic philosophers with pretty good evidence to back up their claims.

Oh really? Do you have any hard evidence that proves that there is only one interpretation of the Quran? Do you have any hard evidence that proves that the Quran was written in Arabic to avoid external influence? You do realize that Islam has thousands of interpretations and that Arabic, as a language, has been influenced so significantly by other languages that reading the Quran in it's original Arabic form is impossible? No you don't, because you know nothing about Islam.

Ok, so? They're in Arabic, what about this proves that there is only one interpretation of the Quran? What about this is hard evidence that there is solidarity among Muslims (which is stupid of course if you even read the first thing about anythign going on the MidEast).

Ok you have not read the Quran at all, I don't even think you have touched it. At this point your arguments are so bad that I don't feel a need to respond to them. Do more research on what your fucking talking about before you open that big mouth of yours thank you very much.

Alright you have no idea wtf logic is. Logic is a system of thinking which uses a certain set of principles that can be found in all human beings. Logic is not language you idiot. Logic is a thought process. Just because Afghan doesn't have a word for election (which is ridiculous since Afghan had elections since 1949, a hundred years before America occupied Afghanistan) doesn't mean that Afghani people don't have a built in logical thought process. All human beings are rational beings with their own self-interests at heart. By assuming that logic isn't universal you are saying that some people aren't human at all.

That's rich coming from you. Honestly, you are so hard to take seriously. "I lots of stuff about Islam" meanwhile earlier "Islam has only one interpretation because it's in Arabic!" the stupidity here is astounding. Anyways, you agree with me that the Quran is a product of it's time I assume?

Actually historical Islam is so much more different than Islam now. Historical Islam was closer to Christianity and Judaism than it was now and historical Islam also had more idolatry than it does now. Most practices deemed to be idolatry to many Muslims was perfectly fine during Mohammed's life and even Mohammed accepted them. That's why Muslims celebrate many Christian and Jewish holidays as well as have similar rituals to them, because that influence is still seen today. Modern Islam is influenced heavily by Wahhabism.

ISIS's crowning ideology is Salafism combined with extreme militarism which is far from the only interpretation of the Quran.

How did ISIS do it? Well, before ISIS, America left Iraq in pretty bad shape so it was pretty easy for ISIS to take over Iraq, a country that has been destroyed, doesn't have a stable government, and is facing a civil war. Also if ISIS had that large of an army why would it be so focused on recruiting people for their cause? That would just be a waste of time if you ask anyone with a brain.
[quote=}Politiks"]Name a single country that is Islamic that doesn't have Sharia law? [/quote]You really have no clue what Sharia law is, do you?

Sharia Law: Shari’a is not a legal system. It is the overall way of life of Islam, as people understand it according to traditional, early interpretations.

Christianity and Judaism have similar laws, that are nor readily identifiable, but just as strong. How do you think they have marriage rites? All Muslims operate under some form of Sharia law. It's as a part of the religion that is subservient to the state law. If you want to name Theocracies, you'd still find that few, if any operate with Sharia laws.

Politiks wrote: oh well, as expected all you have is an agenda.
So when you haven't an argument, a lie will do? You judge people without even knowing them. New posters(You've been here 3 weeks) shouldn't assume that they know everyone who posts here, and assume an agenda. I'll excuse this idiotic assumption this time, but please take some time to learn about who you are addressing before saying really really stupid stuff.

Politiks wrote:Move to Islamic countries since Islam is so good, leave us here and go live in the countries you actually belong.
Good argument to Oxymandias's post. :roll:

Being Muslim does not mean you are against Western values. This is a delusion of many people who are Islamophobic.
@Politiks

I don't have to give a list since, while yes obviously all Islamic countries use Sharia law in some shape or form, it simply isn't relevant. You can't attack an idea through it's application because ideas are very flexible and abstract. There is not ever a perfect implementation of an ideology and to believe that is naive.

And apparently the great wise Politiks has no such thing as a political agenda. My agenda is not what you think, far from what you think in that tiny little mind of yours.

Oh that's rich coming from a guy living in a place where Islam doesn't affect any part of your life at all. Honestly, give me one thing, just one thing where Islam, as an ideology effects your daily life. Just one and that's all. And it better be an important part of your life because you have absolutely nothing on what I have to go through.

Hey you want to know a good idea? Stop obsessing over Islam then. Stop discussing Muslims and their "bullshit". It's a very simple solution that can be solved by zipping your mouth shut. Also, newsflash, I was born in and lived in an Islamic country for most of my life. I already told you in the post you just responded to now. And I am the last fucking person to want any aspect of political Islam to interfere with my life. I have gone through so much that you cannot even comprehend it. So please, go ahead, tell me to go to a place that you know nothing about and see what goddamn happens.

Also notice how you didn't respond directly to any of my post at all. It seems you've been caught in your own BS.
Back on the topic of the two girls whom supposedly desecrated a Quran , I think that what will happen to them will depend upon the laws if the country where it allegedly took place . For in the UK , among other nations , they might be prosecuted . < https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... ning-quran > While in the United States , Marilyn Manson has not only ripped up Bibles , but also wiped his butt on an American flag with impunity . <
> As far as I know , the only way in which Christians responded was by picketing , as Katy Perry remembers doing as a child < https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/as-a-child-katy-perry-picketed-outside-marilyn-manson-concerts/ > , or ridiculing him , as Relient King did in one of their songs <
> . Some Muslims in contrast have responded to people defacing their holy book , and /or maligning their prophet , by committing arson , and murder. < http://m.asianews.it/index.php?art=21139&l=en , https://www.cbsnews.com/news/crowds-in-pakistan-burn-churches/ > Just goes to show how relatively permissive Americans tend to be , and how comparatively aggressive certain fanatical Muslims are in response .
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

On the 17th April 2022 in resonse to @Istanbulle[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]