Why is Charles Manson so notorious? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

A man who didn't kill anyone given life in prison. :*( All he did was torture that one guy, smoke a little grass and steel a few cars. The US truly is a police state. One of my friends was done for drunk driving a few years ago, should I go to prison for his crime? The Manson verdict essentially criminalised having friends.

Manson's "crime" should not have got him life. I worked with a brickie who was arrested for kidnapping and torture in his youth and he only did an 8 stretch (decent brickie, ran his gang with an iron fist, he sacked his own son while we were building a school with him). Britain is (as with everything) far more civilised in these matters than the colonies are.
Decky wrote:A man who didn't kill anyone given life in prison.

Manson's "crime" should not have got him life.

Decky the bleedin heart Liberal!

:lol: Oh dear if Charlie had tried that trick in Stalin's time he'd have got life in prison alright. It would just have been a very short life. I didn't pull the trigger. :lol: try that trick in Stalin's Russia and see how long you last. How many people, who didn't pull the trigger got the death penalty for Kirov's murder? Not all Cultural Marxists are Marxists, but nearly all Marxists are cultural Marxist. I'm not up with the latest Marxist fashions but in the eighties:

Q: Whats the definition of a Marxist
A: A social Justice Warrior in a donkey jacket.

Mind you the Anarchists are no better (or worse, depending on how you want to look at it). If any young man today asked me what ideology they should follow, I would say have you considered Anarchism. The amount of posh totty amongst Anarchists is absolutely unbelievable. I readily confess my perversion, I'm a bit of a poshusexual.
Decky’s problem (if you want to call it that) is that people who have been more involved directly in other’s deaths have gotten lesser sentences so it is completely inline to wonder why someone who was involved at a tangent getting a sentence that was more harsh. Would your Sunday School teacher (if you’re Christian) be held accountable if you’re a believer in the “eye for an eye” message he taught?

Us Americans live in a society ruled by a 228 y/o business model (the Constitution of 1789). A mom and pop dry cleaner on the corner of Small Town America has a more up-to-date plan written down. Essentially, anyone who works for the government is just winging it on some level. So when issues boil to the surface…it’s difficult to see what Constitutional principle (if any) the issue was based upon.

I would be for a much more specific document that is updated at regular intervals.
Decky wrote:A man who didn't kill anyone given life in prison. :*( All he did was torture that one guy, smoke a little grass and steel a few cars. The US truly is a police state. One of my friends was done for drunk driving a few years ago, should I go to prison for his crime? The Manson verdict essentially criminalised having friends.

Manson's "crime" should not have got him life. I worked with a brickie who was arrested for kidnapping and torture in his youth and he only did an 8 stretch (decent brickie, ran his gang with an iron fist, he sacked his own son while we were building a school with him). Britain is (as with everything) far more civilised in these matters than the colonies are.

He was charged with conspiracy to commit murder . As prosecutor , Vincent Bugliosi explained in his summation < http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f ... ation.html > , Manson need not gave been personally present to be found criminally liable , by law .
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I am not lying, you are part of the group... Yo[…]

@ingliz he ignores mixed race people I […]

@late The best response to a far Right like a[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]