Cuba has proven that capitalism and technology are failures - Page 104 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

XogGyux wrote:When I was a kid I would always wonder, why do these assholes bother with this obviously fake statement/propaganda that everyone can see 1 mile away. Then I realized... many people buy this nonsense =/ :knife: .

Given the fact you're a physician - factoring your age and when social media became popular - and your politics, my guess is you haven't had much access to alt media at all.

It's you who appears to buy into the nonsense of your own country. You dismissed outright an accurate and detailed description of what America is today that I shared, by someone who is highly regarded in the U.S. despite his opposition to his state. You think just saying IT'S WRONG = it's wrong, but all it shows is that you're unwilling to learn anything. If you want to dispute the writer's claims with a bit more than IT'S WRONG, that would suggest you are trying to learn something, but you don't. And you do the same to those of us who say we loved our time in Cuba. And you dismiss entire countries that have thanked Cuba for its support in helping battle Covid, like Italy. I guess you must fit in as an American today, with all that arrogance you have.

wat0n wrote:Yeah, $26k/month is sweet.

Except it's 16K after taxes if I understand correctly, and about half a million in debt to pay off.

I'm richer than him and I don't have a job. :lol:
XogGyux wrote:Maybe you hate Cubans so much that you are going out of your way to not see them?

I went out of my way to have direct contact with ordinary Cubans in their own country. This is how I learned to love that country and its culture and people.

(Executive producers: Oliver Stone and Danny Glover)
XogGyux wrote:When I was a kid I would always wonder, why do these assholes bother with this obviously fake statement/propaganda that everyone can see 1 mile away. Then I realized... many people buy this nonsense =/ :knife: .
Dude, this is all cheap propaganda. If we go by this kind of nonsense, it would be North Korea as the best role model as to how to run society :lol:

According to skinster North Korea is also a free and happy democratic society and all that business about it being a totalitarian police state is just a pack of lies put out by the State Department and the corporate media. Skinster chugs commie kool aid like a frat boy chugs beer.
And clearly by this post you're chugging your State Department's propaganda on the DPRK. :D

Also, :lol: at calling other places police states when you live in a state where cops execute people regularly with impunity.

For people who live in a death-cult Empire where there is no democracy, only corruption / legalised bribery in your elections, the nerve you have attacking other states. What's not odd is that you only tend to attack states that are under U.S. attack, I never see you whining about Saudi Arabia's fascist theocracy. I guess you haven't got your scripts for that yet.

Lastly, you, Sivad, used to actually "chug commie propaganda" too when you first started posting here. Then you got into Alex Jones and the rest is history. :D
skinster wrote:Except it's 16K after taxes if I understand correctly, and about half a million in debt to pay off.

I'm richer than him and I don't have a job. :lol:

I think it was $18k? Either way, $16k boils down to $192k/year net. $500k isn't that large of a debt stock when you think it that way - he should be able to pay it off just fine if he's careful with his personal finances, and he would not be living in a hole or anything to do so.
wat0n wrote:I think it was $18k? Either way, $16k boils down to $192k/year net. $500k isn't that large of a debt stock when you think it that way - he should be able to pay it off just fine if he's careful with his personal finances, and he would not be living in a hole or anything to do so.

He said he has 10K removed each month from taxes alone. Yeah, $500,000 isn't that much money to owe. :lol:

I am richer than him because I have no debt. 8)

Here's hoping he doesn't have any type of accident which puts him into further debt and prevents him from working. Because the U.S. doesn't support people in that way, it just bankrupts them. I'm actually surprised he's only opted for the catastrophic healthcare based on the debt he has, he should probably opt for something less crappy than that. It's the cheap option for a reason.
skinster wrote:He said he has 10K removed each month from taxes alone. Yeah, $500,000 isn't that much money to owe. :lol:

I know, that's why I said he earns $192k/year net (of taxes). You are underestimating how much he truly makes.

skinster wrote:I am richer than him because I have no debt. 8)

Here's hoping he doesn't have any type of accident which puts him into further debt and prevents him from working. Because the U.S. doesn't support people in that way, it just bankrupts them. I'm actually surprised he's only opted for the catastrophic healthcare based on the debt he has, he should probably opt for something less crappy than that. It's the cheap option for a reason.

Catastrophic healthcare is by far the most expensive thing to insure against :eh:

I'm not sure if it works like in this in the US, but in other countries medical associations force doctors to take care of other doctors free of charge.
Sivad wrote:about other countries that the empire tells you to hate

Let's stick to one voodoo doll at a time please.
skinster wrote:
Lastly, you, Sivad, used to actually "chug commie propaganda" too when you first started posting here. Then you got into Alex Jones and the rest is history. :D

I haven't changed. I've never been a commie tard or a patriotard(Alex Jones) because I'm not a retard. My politics are exactly the same: anti-authoritarian, anti-establishment, anti-war, anti-capitalist, left-libertarian.
skinster wrote:It was the cheapest option when I was in NY. X-guy admitted he opted for the cheapest option because he is young/healthy etc.

I don't mean it's the most expensive insurance. I mean it's the most expensive event you are insuring against.

You don't wanna get cancer without having insurance beforehand - well you don't wanna get it at all, but let alone if you are uninsured.
Sivad wrote:I haven't changed.

I don't think you have enough self-awareness to know, but you used to post stuff by communists before (maybe you didn't realize they were communists) and nowadays it's all alt-right dogshit + tons of complaining.

patriotard(Alex Jones)

Weird, you use language I've heard only him using. Like "Chicoms". :lol:

My politics are exactly the same...anti-establishment, anti-war

This is not true, because you're often on the same page as your state dept with regards to what countries you spend time hating on. Notice again how I've never heard you complaining about Saudi Arabia, despite their fascism. If you were hating all equally whose politics you hate, you'd be mentioning states like Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Brazil, India etc. But the State Dept doesn't put out scripts that threaten them, since they're U.S. allies.

Meanwhile, I've seen you attack China, Venezuela, Cuba, DPRK, and other so-called "gulagists" that are targets of your state but who don't have any bearing to your life at all.

Maybe you don't realize what's behind the media you consume nowadays. Or maybe it's all just a coincidence! :D

wat0n wrote:I don't mean it's the most expensive insurance. I mean it's the most expensive event you are insuring against.

It's just for accidents. Not illnesses or general doctor visits otherwise. And even then, you have to fork a bunch out. Also, some of it is only for within-your-state basis, so if X-guy has that and travels out of state, he has basically no healthcare, which is close to the catastrophic version anyway.
skinster wrote:It's just for accidents. Not illnesses or general doctor visits otherwise. And even then, you have to fork a bunch out. Also, some of it is only for within-your-state basis, so if X-guy has that and travels out of state, he has basically no healthcare, which is close to the catastrophic version anyway.

That's fair, it may indeed just cover accidents. Although that would be a rather expensive insurance - I'm paying slightly more per month ($69.13 biweekly) for a HMO that gives me close to 100% coverage where I live (only).
What's HMO? Is that when your employer pays 50% towards your healthcare?

Yeah, I looked into it because I almost got it when I was living in NY. But it was so ridiculous and borderline pointless I figured if I got seriously ill a plane ticket to England and using the NHS would be much cheaper than the dogshit options of American healthcare available for people who aren't rich.

American healthcare is a complete scam. Insurance companies have bribed politicians into making as much and giving as little to the American people. And I don't know the figure of how many more Americans who don't have healthcare because of job losses during the pandemic, but I bet it's pretty high.
skinster wrote:Yeah, I looked into it because I almost got it when I was living in NY. But it was so ridiculous and borderline pointless I figured if I got seriously ill a plane ticket to England and using the NHS would be much cheaper than the dogshit options of American healthcare available for people who aren't rich.

American healthcare is a complete scam. Insurance companies have bribed their way into taking as much and giving as little to the American people. And I don't know the figure of how many more Americans who don't have healthcare because of job losses during the pandemic, but I bet it's pretty high.

It might be. I think the issue is that the service itself is very expensive. You may find health insurance pricey, but I'd rather pay it than pay $900 if I get drunk on NYE, hit my head and get a mild concussion, just to get the diagnosis and 3 tablets of Tylenol after going to an university hospital. I'm speaking from personal experience here.

Oddly enough, while I only get 100% coverage where I live (Chicago), I'm paying less than I used to before moving here for the same coverage. I think that's because I used to buy insurance as an individual, while now I'm using a plan bargained and provided by my employer :)

And (insanely enough), for the consequences of that... Accident, I'd pay more less the same amount a PPO plan would make me pay out of pocket in the US if I went to a top Chilean clinic with no insurance whatsoever instead :eek:

PS: An HMO is:

Healthcre.gov wrote:Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)

A type of health insurance plan that usually limits coverage to care from doctors who work for or contract with the HMO. It generally won't cover out-of-network care except in an emergency. An HMO may require you to live or work in its service area to be eligible for coverage. HMOs often provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness.

So you can a) take a PPO that will give you coverage for most providers but with, say, 10-20% copay or b) take a HMO that forces you into a single provider but pay close to $0.
When I had my accident they charged me $1595 + $20 per mile for the 4 miles the ambulance drove me to the hospital. :lol: :knife:

My hospital care and physio post accident was close to $20K. Luckily the guy who hit me with his car had to pay these bills, otherwise I'd be in less debt than X guy.

I think each painkiller that I could get for a couple of dollars in a Rite-Aid were $20 dollars each, or something ridiculous like that.

Total piss-take.
skinster wrote:When I had my accident they charged me $1595 + $20 per mile for the 4 miles the ambulance drove me to the hospital. :lol: :knife:

My hospital care and physio post accident was close to $20K. Luckily the guy who hit me with his car had to pay these bills, otherwise I'd be in less debt than X guy.

I think each painkiller that I could get for a couple of dollars in a Rite-Aid were $20 dollars each, or something ridiculous like that.

Total piss-take.

Pretty insane indeed. Not the first time I've heard about that either.

For those cases, assuming you don't travel much, the best option is to pick a HMO wisely, I guess.

If you travel a lot for whatever reason I think it gets trickier because you should probably care more about going to whatever provider you can find rather than minimizing out of pocket pay. You at least didn't have to pay those $20k out of pocket :hmm:
skinster wrote:Given the fact you're a physician - factoring your age and when social media became popular - and your politics, my guess is you haven't had much access to alt media at all.

It's you who appears to buy into the nonsense of your own country. You dismissed outright an accurate and detailed description of what America is today that I shared, by someone who is highly regarded in the U.S. despite his opposition to his state. You think just saying IT'S WRONG = it's wrong, but all it shows is that you're unwilling to learn anything. If you want to dispute the writer's claims with a bit more than IT'S WRONG, that would suggest you are trying to learn something, but you don't. And you do the same to those of us who say we loved our time in Cuba. And you dismiss entire countries that have thanked Cuba for its support in helping battle Covid, like Italy. I guess you must fit in as an American today, with all that arrogance you have.

Well... perhaps you should waste less time watching alt-media as it seems it is rotting from the inside. I don't need to have some wannabe reporter telling me how I should feel, how I should vote, or how much indignation I should have about problem X or issue Y.
I have been on both countries. Two decades in Cuba, 1 decade in the US. I have been to hospitals in both countries. I have been in schools on both countries. The comparison is not even worth making. The level of destruction in cuba is unimaginable for most people that have not seen it and given the fact that the cuban goverment keeps rather tight control about what is filmed/photographed/said (at least until very recently that phones/internet started arriving to the island)... well lets just say that you cannot really compare the "media criticism" about the US the same way you compare it to Cuba.
In the US... the "media" thrives on controversy, on making things out of proportion... remember death panels? If it doesn't have a catchy name it does not make it to the news! Meanwhile Cuba is trying to keep everything silent except when they are trying to brag about sending a dozen doctors that are needed in Cuba.... to another country... you know, propaganda.
You are right, I have no time (or interest) on gobbling all this non-sense "media". And I think, you are probably having way too much which is certainly not healthy.

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]