The most ridiculous thing I can think about is highly educated people voting for Democratic - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Crantag wrote:In case anybody missed it, the source he posted is about where MILLENIALS work the most hours.

I guess it isn't surprising that American millenials would be working on average 45 hours a week, in light of the poor state of things these days. Actually, I'm also living it, so that's partly how I know.

Way to be dishonest. However, I don't believe young people working more than full time, on average, across these countries here is an indicator of good economic health. So much for your initial point.

That's nothing special, if it still surprises you that Americans work longer than other western nationals,
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... d-per-year
Sasa wrote:That's nothing special, if it still surprises you that Americans work longer than other western nationals,
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... d-per-year

I'm American, but I lived 7 years in Tokyo, so American workers don't really impress me with respect to their clock punching ability.

That said, this same experience certainly informed me of the wisdom of Godstud's posts, regarding the potential effects on productivity.

It stands to point out that you seem unable to tell the difference between the length of a working day and the hours worked an a year; that, or you are unable to find a statistic to support your initial claim.
Crantag wrote:I'm American, but I lived 7 years in Tokyo, so American workers don't really impress me with respect to their clock punching ability.

That said, this same experience certainly informed me of the wisdom of Godstud's posts, regarding the potential effects on productivity.

It stands to point out that you seem unable to tell the difference between the length of a working day and the hours worked an a year; that, or you are unable to find a statistic to support your initial claim.

OMG I used to be sent to Tokyo as well, then I understand all you've said.
Firstly Japan has a bloody overtime culture, which is out of the scope of "overtime" I'm talking about here. It's more like a symbolic overtime.
And if you are used to the work/life balance in Japan you'd really feel the working time in the US is nothing.
Sasa wrote:It's very close to embedded system which I work on.
Frankly say the prospect of HW/system software is not so good nowadays.
A very intriguing and growing field in IT is, machine learning. Unfortunately I'm too old to study a PhD.

Yea, HW jobs aren't growing like SW jobs, but if you manage to hang on to a HW job it could be better for you later in life. HW is different from SW in that experience is the only real way to develop yourself. Thus, HW engineers hit their prime in their 50s. Experience carries much more weight in the HW world. I'm very sure there is more ageism in SW than in HW for this reason. For sure.
Sasa wrote:I just reference one sentence:
"Democrats are outraged by the Republican-led STEM bill, despite a few changes added to appeal to them."
frankly I didn't read through the whole since it's too long, but welcome to correct me if I misunderstood any.

I know you did not read it.

And I have already corrected you.

No idea if Canada has a higher terrorism rate, but it's pretty visible across Europe.
Despite that, I haven't worked out a theory that more Muslim refugees reduces the possibility of terrorism.
I can give you a well-known counter-example, Japan, a homogeneous society with very low rate of immigration, boasts the highest public safety among developed countries - and there's no need to debate pro-Muslim or Anti-Muslim there.

Again, if immigration is a cause of terrorism, Canada should be dealing with almost constant terroism. It is not, so you are wrong.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I know you did not read it.

And I have already corrected you.

Again, if immigration is a cause of terrorism, Canada should be dealing with almost constant terroism. It is not, so you are wrong.

Not sure why terrorism in Canada (as a exception) doesn't seem to remarkable enough, it's pretty clear in Europe and Australia. I don't mind if you believe Canada is lucky enough as a exception, even if you believe more Muslim refugees makes Canadian society safer. After all we've gotten more convincing examples in Europe where Muslim gang rape repeatedly happened (while rapists told police it's their culture).
Rancid wrote:Yea, HW jobs aren't growing like SW jobs, but if you manage to hang on to a HW job it could be better for you later in life. HW is different from SW in that experience is the only real way to develop yourself. Thus, HW engineers hit their prime in their 50s. Experience carries much more weight in the HW world. I'm very sure there is more ageism in SW than in HW for this reason. For sure.

I'm a HW engineer like what you say. You are right HW related jobs tend to be more stable for relatively older people. But the other side of the coin is, the opportunities and prospect is very limited. Just because of that, in electronics fields, many (if not most) HW engineers end up as firmware/device driver programmers.

I envy those guys working on cutting-edge machine learning.

Mod notice: please do not double post. I sent you a PM earlier today explaining this, but you appear not to have read it, just as you appear to have not read the PM about the same problem I sent you in August. Please read PMs in the future, and follow the Newbie Guide. Failure to do so may result in your double posts getting deleted rather than merged, because it's a lot easier to delete them. - Prosthetic Conscience.
Sasa wrote:Not sure why terrorism in Canada (as a exception) doesn't seem to remarkable enough, it's pretty clear in Europe and Australia. I don't mind if you believe Canada is lucky enough as a exception, even if you believe more Muslim refugees makes Canadian society safer. After all we've gotten more convincing examples in Europe where Muslim gang rape repeatedly happened (while rapists told police it's their culture).

Yes, it is clear that you are not sure about what causes terrorism. For example, you incorrectly believe that immigration causes terrorism.

And now you are changing your argument away from terrorism, and are now arguing about rape.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, it is clear that you are not sure about what causes terrorism. For example, you incorrectly believe that immigration causes terrorism.

And now you are changing your argument away from terrorism, and are now arguing about rape.

Yes, because I'm humble and honest, I never like to claim anything I don't know or not sure simply relying on belief.
I find Canada a little different from Europe or even Australia. From a statistical view however, more examples suggest a correlation between refugee intake and occurrence of terrorism.

Unlike your liberals, I never believe anything, thank you.
Why do you intentionally separate terrorism from gang rape? I don't know why the mass gang rape happened in Cologne can't be called terrorism.
Sasa wrote:Yes, because I'm humble and honest, I never like to claim anything I don't know or not sure simply relying on belief.
I find Canada a little different from Europe or even Australia. From a statistical view however, more examples suggest a correlation between refugee intake and occurrence of terrorism.

Please provide evidence for this claim.

Unlike your liberals, I never believe anything, thank you.
Why do you intentionally separate terrorism from gang rape? I don't know why the mass gang rape happened in Cologne can't be called terrorism.

Because it does not fit the definition of terrorism. It is not terrorism just because a Muslim does it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence for this claim.

Because it does not fit the definition of terrorism. It is not terrorism just because a Muslim does it.

Evidence:
Almost all terrorist attacks in Europe/Australia were carried out by Muslim refugees.
Japan the nation hardly receives refugees boasts the highest public safety in the world.
Don't assume other voters are fools.

I don't why you care so much about whether gang rape is a kind of terrorism, as if it's harmless to the society?
Sasa wrote:Evidence:
Almost all terrorist attacks in Europe/Australia were carried out by Muslim refugees.

I do not think this is true.

Provide evidence that this is true.

Japan the nation hardly receives refugees boasts the highest public safety in the world.
Don't assume other voters are fools.

Japanese people also eat soy. Can we then say that high rates of soy consumption prevent terrorism?

I don't why you care so much about whether gang rape is a kind of terrorism, as if it's harmless to the society?

It has nothing to do with whether or not I care. The definition of terrorism does not change because of feelings.

The men who committed these sexual assaults should go to jail, but they are not terrorists.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not think this is true.

Provide evidence that this is true.

Japanese people also eat soy. Can we then say that high rates of soy consumption prevent terrorism?

It has nothing to do with whether or not I care. The definition of terrorism does not change because of feelings.

The men who committed these sexual assaults should go to jail, but they are not terrorists.

Evidence? I read news everyday and I got impressed. Would you like to require every GOP voter to show you evidence?
Use soy to prevent terrorism? Prevent whom? find me a Afghan/Uzbekistan refugee in Tokyo? You just can't find an anti-Japan person. It only happened many years ago, when an terrorist Chinese was deported (temporary visa holder not resident).

I don't mind if gang rape is not called terrorism, which equally draws voter's attention.
@Sasa,
Mod notice: please do not double post. I sent you a PM earlier today explaining this, but you appear not to have read it, just as you appear to have not read the PM about the same problem I sent you in August. Please read PMs in the future, and follow the Newbie Guide. Failure to do so may result in your double posts getting deleted rather than merged, because it's a lot easier to delete them. - Prosthetic Conscience.

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain t[…]

Source? I think Iran only communicated the end […]

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]