The most ridiculous thing I can think about is highly educated people voting for Democratic - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

This is pretty silly, considering that the GOP was targeting graduate students for tax increases, and only dropped that because of widespread outrage.

In addition, high-educated counties tend to vote Democrat rather than Republican:
Is education level tied to voting tendencies? wrote:When viewed in the context of educational attainment alone, without also examining income level, the blog authors concluded that high school graduates are more Republican than non-high school graduates. But after that, the groups with more education tended to vote more Democratic. At the very highest education level tabulated in the survey, voters with postgraduate degrees leaned toward the Democrats.

To reach the conclusions, the political scientists (professors at East Coast colleges such as George Washington University and Georgetown) used data from Annenberg pre-election polls for 2000 and 2004 and Pew pre-election polls for 2008.

And more recently:
Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump wrote:In short, it appears as though educational levels are the critical factor in predicting shifts in the vote between 2012 and 2016.
Bulaba Jones wrote:This is pretty silly, considering that the GOP was targeting graduate students for tax increases, and only dropped that because of widespread outrage.

In addition, high-educated counties tend to vote Democrat rather than Republican:

And more recently:

The educated left will vote Democrats. But that doesn’t mean they understand what they are talking about. Contemporary educated left wing (at least supposedly left wing) Democrats voters are overwhelming small minded, insular and indoctrinated individuals to the extent that their education level means little. It is all about appearances and impressing others. Status, or if you like, snobbery. Their intentions are not sincere.

This is a broader problem in Western civilisation and is not restricted to America. The Western moral opinion formers are bourgeoisie snobs. Sorry, but that’s the truth. And it is a big part of why social inequality is growing in Western countries. Those who should be leading the opposition to it are themselves money grubbing, status seeking snobs.

Oh well. When the revolution comes, I hope these supposed lefties aren’t surprised when they get put up against the wall along with the fat cat capitalists.
Zagadka wrote:If you have to ask why educated people disagree with you...

I'm highly educated electronic engineer, as a result I have a view of high-income middle class and know who benefit me.

Don't forget - Democratic has never been a high-class party, whose traditional base are refugees/unemployed/African etc.

foxdemon wrote:The educated left will vote Democrats. But that doesn’t mean they understand what they are talking about. Contemporary educated left wing (at least supposedly left wing) Democrats voters are overwhelming small minded, insular and indoctrinated individuals to the extent that their education level means little. It is all about appearances and impressing others. Status, or if you like, snobbery. Their intentions are not sincere.

This is a broader problem in Western civilisation and is not restricted to America. The Western moral opinion formers are bourgeoisie snobs. Sorry, but that’s the truth. And it is a big part of why social inequality is growing in Western countries. Those who should be leading the opposition to it are themselves money grubbing, status seeking snobs.

Oh well. When the revolution comes, I hope these supposed lefties aren’t surprised when they get put up against the wall along with the fat cat capitalists.

Well said Foxdemon. Time to wake up these highly educated left-wings.
Forgot the say, that guy from Microsoft in my example became silent facing my question. Indeed no way to find a logical reason to support Dem.

Just days ago during the Christmas party I one of my colleagues was criticizing Trump's immigration policy "can't imagine a nation based on immigration became so anti-immigration". What the hell tell me cracking down & deporting illegal migrants is anti-immigration?

Please do not make double, or multiple, posts replying to different people - see here for an explanation: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=357 - PoFo mod
What the hell tell me cracking down & deporting illegal migrants is anti-immigration? Obama did more on that front than Trump has.

Building a wall is not going to prevent illegal immigration, as most illegals cross legally, at border crossings.

Also, the illegal immigrants are not taking the high paying jobs from Americans, but shit jobs that Americans don't want.

Trump's Muslim ban(which it was) is anti-American. That's why it was halted. You know... that pesky Constitution.

Sasa wrote:Democratic has never been a high-class party, whose traditional base are refugees/unemployed/African etc.
:lol: That's false. The most highly educated people tend to be voting for Democrats.

Also, you could argue that the LOW-Class people are voting Republican. White supermacists, racists, people who don't mind their Senators being child molesters, etc.

Also regarding highly educated people voting Democrat... Here's why. Smart people are voting for them, while the idiots are voting against their own self interests and voting Republican.

Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades.
http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/ ... ed-adults/
I'm a highly intelligent person, although I give due consideration to Immortal Goon's theory that I'm an ignorant retard. He would cite my beliefs such as: Adam Smith never used the term "capitalism", Marx never used the term "Kapitalismus" in the first (German) edition of Das Kapital despite the ambiguity on this question in the English language version of Wikipedia (last time I checked), that Marx never used the term Kapitalismus / Capitalism despite it appearing in the second edition of Das Kapital released by Engels after Marx's death, the fall of Drogedha was not the first massacre to happen on September 11, the POUM was not a Trotskyist organisation as Trotsky was adamantly opposed to collaboration with Bukharinists against Stalinists, that the Bolshevik regime was anti democratic from its inception, that the Soviets at the national level merely rubber stamped Bolshevik party executive control, as proof of my stupidity.

Anyway as a highly intelligent person I can understand things that are beyond the ken of less intelligent people. In particular I can understand how intelligent people could vote for both the Democratic Party and the Republican party.
Rich wrote:I'm a highly intelligent person, although I give due consideration to Immortal Goon's theory that I'm an ignorant retard. He would cite my beliefs such as: Adam Smith never used the term "capitalism", Marx never used the term "Kapitalismus" in the first (German) edition of Das Kapital despite the ambiguity on this question in the English language version of Wikipedia (last time I checked), that Marx never used the term Kapitalismus / Capitalism despite it appearing in the second edition of Das Kapital released by Engels after Marx's death, the fall of Drogedha was not the first massacre to happen on September 11, the POUM was not a Trotskyist organisation as Trotsky was adamantly opposed to collaboration with Bukharinists against Stalinists, that the Bolshevik regime was anti democratic from its inception, that the Soviets at the national level merely rubber stamped Bolshevik party executive control, as proof of my stupidity.

Anyway as a highly intelligent person I can understand things that are beyond the ken of less intelligent people. In particular I can understand how intelligent people could vote for both the Democratic Party and the Republican party.

The point is according to my experience, the highly educated people typically in science/engineer are not so intelligent when it comes to politics/social issues, they generally pay little attention on that - unlike African American/unemployed who heavily rely on social welfare thus care about politics.

Godstud wrote:What the hell tell me cracking down & deporting illegal migrants is anti-immigration? Obama did more on that front than Trump has.

Building a wall is not going to prevent illegal immigration, as most illegals cross legally, at border crossings.

Also, the illegal immigrants are not taking the high paying jobs from Americans, but shit jobs that Americans don't want.

Trump's Muslim ban(which it was) is anti-American. That's why it was halted. You know... that pesky Constitution.

:lol: That's false. The most highly educated people tend to be voting for Democrats.

Also, you could argue that the LOW-Class people are voting Republican. White supermacists, racists, people who don't mind their Senators being child molesters, etc.

Also regarding highly educated people voting Democrat... Here's why. Smart people are voting for them, while the idiots are voting against their own self interests and voting Republican.

Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades.
http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/ ... ed-adults/

don't think Trump's terrorist countries ban is a "Muslim-ban", please don't ignore the cause of that - majority of terrorists coming from those countries. In other words I have no problem with a "muslim-ban" if Muslims appear to be a threat to the whole nation. It's practically necessary just like Japanese migrants were temporarily banned during WWII, neither of which is un-american.
Rich wrote:I'm a highly intelligent person, although I give due consideration to Immortal Goon's theory that I'm an ignorant retard. He would cite my beliefs such as: Adam Smith never used the term "capitalism", Marx never used the term "Kapitalismus" in the first (German) edition of Das Kapital despite the ambiguity on this question in the English language version of Wikipedia (last time I checked), that Marx never used the term Kapitalismus / Capitalism despite it appearing in the second edition of Das Kapital released by Engels after Marx's death, the fall of Drogedha was not the first massacre to happen on September 11, the POUM was not a Trotskyist organisation as Trotsky was adamantly opposed to collaboration with Bukharinists against Stalinists, that the Bolshevik regime was anti democratic from its inception, that the Soviets at the national level merely rubber stamped Bolshevik party executive control, as proof of my stupidity.

I never called you ignorant or retarded; not have I said or denied any of those things you said that I bothered to read.

I have accused you of pulling yourself out from under a rock to whine about me by using mischaracterization for no apparent reason at all.

I guess you really showed me :lol:
Sasa wrote:The point is according to my experience, the highly educated people typically in science/engineer are not so intelligent when it comes to politics/social issues, they generally pay little attention on that - unlike African American/unemployed who heavily rely on social welfare thus care about politics.

I'm sorry may be we're just prejudiced bigots but a lot of us believe that African American unemployed actually are significantly less likely to vote than White scientists and engineers. We therefore tend to think of American conservatives as cretins for believing the opposite.

Some of us also believe it is stupid to try and blame the breakdown of African-American families on welfare policy, when this a phenomena effecting all classes, races and nations across the western world. Its possible that it has been a minor contributory factor but the dominant driver / cause, that strikes me as absurd. To some people fiddle welfare? Sure. Do some people try and game the system? Again no doubt. But really the idea that the majority of welfare recipients approach the welfare system like a high paid tax lawyer is implausible.

But thirdly by fanning bigotry against welfare recipients and seeking short term budget savings conservatives have often maximised the negative effects. A welfare system that supports people to move out of poverty, into work and to improve their skills and move into higher paid and more rewarding work is inevitably more expensive in the short term.
Sasa wrote: Trump's terrorist countries ban is a "Muslim-ban", please don't ignore the cause of that - majority of terrorists coming from those countries.
It was stopped because there was no justification. The people committing the terrorist acts were not immigrants or refugees. That is why the Supreme court shot down fuckwit Trump's ban on religious basis(See Freedom of religion in the Constitution).

Sasa wrote: It's practically necessary just like Japanese migrants were temporarily banned during WWII, neither of which is un-american.
The Japanese internment is seen as one of the lowest times in American History, and is viewed with shame. It was un-American, and that's why Americans apologized to Japanese -Americans. It is viewed as unconstitutional, to this day, and they honestly believe that it did nothing to help American security.
Godstud wrote: The Japanese internment is seen as one of the lowest times in American History, and is viewed with shame. It was un-American,

So were slavery, jim crow and the settlement of Indian lands un American? Were Jefferson, Washington and Madison un-American? Were the Massachusetts puritans un- American?
Sasa wrote:I know it's old news shown here, but it clearly reflects who favor highly educated skilled people. Logically I fully understand why African Americans/unemployed/low incomers /Muslims support Democratic, but never the highly educated high income middle classes.

Obama was intelligent. Trump acts like he's retarded, most likely he is. Go figure.
Godstud wrote:It was stopped because there was no justification. The people committing the terrorist acts were not immigrants or refugees. That is why the Supreme court shot down fuckwit Trump's ban on religious basis(See Freedom of religion in the Constitution).

The Japanese internment is seen as one of the lowest times in American History, and is viewed with shame. It was un-American, and that's why Americans apologized to Japanese -Americans. It is viewed as unconstitutional, to this day, and they honestly believe that it did nothing to help American security.

"Muslim-ban" is still in effect, none of the people committing terrorism is migrants/refugees? I wonder if you ever read news? BTW the guy crashed in Melbourne yesterday is identified as a Afghan migrant, not surprisingly again.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-22/m ... ne/9281044

When would you leftists pull your heads out of sand?

Rugoz wrote:Obama was intelligent. Trump acts like he's retarded, most likely he is. Go figure.

Both are intelligent enough or they wouldn't be presidents.

Laugh at Trump? He utilized the least budget (less than 50% of Clinton's) to win the election. You think you are smarter than him?

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Educated Americans are more likely to vote for a party that values education, doesn't lick the arse of ignorant creationists, understands climate science, works for equal rights, and runs the economy better. So they vote for Democrats.

On the other hand, shall I say, educated people need to know which party benefits them (low tax, less illegal migrants, less social welfare which they are never eligible to enjoy but taxed from their income)?

Godstud wrote:It was stopped because there was no justification. The people committing the terrorist acts were not immigrants or refugees. That is why the Supreme court shot down fuckwit Trump's ban on religious basis(See Freedom of religion in the Constitution).

Are you saying Franklin D. Roosevelt is a racist/fascist? Many of us have forgotten who we were.
The role played by Trump today is exactly same as that of Roosevelt in 1941.

Rich wrote:So were slavery, jim crow and the settlement of Indian lands un American? Were Jefferson, Washington and Madison un-American? Were the Massachusetts puritans un- American?

They were all un-American, from their view. Only those who keep a blind eye on illegal migrants and facilitate Islamic terrorism eventually make the US a muslim/Latino majority third-world state are thought "American".
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Sasa

Did you even read the article you cited in the OP?

Both parties want to ease immigration restrictions for people in tech industries in the US.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/ ... 07279.html

Not necessarily, what Dem really prioritizes are refugees/low skilled/illegal migrants. Don't be fooled by leftists.
It's pretty clear, from Dem's perspective,
if a high-income migrants come in, they may still vote for GOP, with rational reasons I've explained already.
By contrast, once a illegal migrant/refugee/Muslim gains citizenship they would DEFINITELY vote for Dem, with no need to explain any more.
If you haven't got that point, you are a competent Dem member.

Race is scientifically arbitrary. It was created […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...I am still waiting for you to prove I was lyin[…]

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]