#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

:hmm: n
Drlee wrote:I know of no such claims. There may never be any court cases. I was simply articulating that there are laws that should protect someone from being fired in some circumstances. Many of these celebrities have contracts. We will see what kind of settlements they reach. My suspicion is that many of the firings are simply strategic rather than based upon some moral outrage. So a check will be written and the "offender" go away quietly. All the richer for the experience.

Right, there are no cases.

People accusing sexual assault victims and their supporters of circumventing due process are getting worked up over nothing because there is no actual circumventing of due process. And this is what makes the accusations of “hysteria” so hypocritical and ironic.

Even if we look at the accusations of Atwood, we see her also using the term “due process” incorrectly.

Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.

Please note that the definition clearly states that it is a limit on state power, and is a legal term. It is not about getting fired.

In the case of Galloway, this all happened before the MeToo campaign, so blaming this on the MeToo campaign makes no sense unless you guys believe in magic time travel.

Also, due process does not mean “complete transparency when people are fired”, despite Atwood’s confusion. It makes more sense to think that the university is not being transparent in order to avoid liability, instead of imagining some conspiracy of feminists out to take power and money away from men.
She apologized for that dumb shit she said.

What's curious is men seeking out people who criticize sexual harassment/rape claims made by women, AKA the metoo movement, rather than sexual harassment/rape and general male behaviour within the rape culture we live in, instead.

The metoo movement is legit and frankly, long overdue. Stop pretending as though male violence towards women isn't a thing; I've already posted the statistics ITT.
skinster wrote:She apologized for that dumb shit she said.

But let's be absolutely clear.... She did not retract her statement (which was signed by 99 other women). She apologized for the fact it hurt peoples feelings because she believed they misinterpreted it's harsh French language.

So it's still her view.

It was the view she expressed last year too.
I think she was clear in her apology towards women who experienced sexual harassment/assault. Not that it really matters to me because I ignored that letter she signed up to anyway. I figured her apology was more for you, so you or others like you can scatter off in search for more women to use as a weapon against the metoo movement.

Just so you know, that tactic isn't going to work or stop women from talking about male behaviour in this rape culture we live in.
We do not live in a "Rape culture". Rape is a crime. Stop insinuating that all men are rapists, or are trying to perpetuate crimes against women, by using that term. It's offensive to men who support feminism, and it undermines feminism, while being akin to misandry.
I don't give a fuck what Wiki says. It's a term that doesn't need to be used. Its use does not make discussion about the problem any better, or easier. It demonizes all men, even the ones who are supportive of women and don't perpetuate the problem.

I, for one, am not a part of any rape culture.
Rape culture is a thing whether you wish to be a part of it or not. I'd rather not be too, but that's not an option for me.

I mean, oops! I forget, men are the victims is the theme in this thread. :lol:

How about you shut the fuck up and read up what it means when people use the term "rape culture". Or continue being an arrogant victim because "waaaah I don't like certain words put together".
Last edited by skinster on 16 Jan 2018 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
:roll: I never said men were victims. I was saying that demonizing all men isn't helping the situation.

I'm supposed to be considered part of the problem, when I am not? Why?

Why do I have to shut up? What I am saying is valid, and if you even read the description of what you posted, you'd find that it is receiving the same criticism from others, as well.
I, for one, think that when you make a blanket statement like "rape culture", you are stereotyping men(or insinuating) in general, as the problem. When you do so, I think that you also are going to alienate men who are allies, and not part of the problem.

If you want to fix this problem, you need to have men as feminists and allies. I don't think that referring to the problem as a matter of a "rape culture" is conducive to this.

That's my opinion on it. If you don't like it, fine.
@Pants-of-dog
Many first world countries have employment rights so you're boss can't fire you at any time for any reason. Britain even has employment tribunals where workers can argue they were unfairly dismissed.

I'm sorry to hear you live in a shithole where due process has such a narrow definition. ;)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]