#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 32 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Godstud wrote:Flaws based on opinion, and idiotic fallacies, not facts.

So you agree we must admit to the perfection of women and minorities in order not to be labeled by you?
One Degree wrote:So you agree we must admit to the perfection of women and minorities in order not to be labeled by you?

You seem to be looking for reasons to get insulted. So much so that you even go to great lengths to misinterpret people in order to get offended.

——————————

It may be basic biology for men to want to rape women.

It is still a bad thing that we should strive to stop entirely.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You seem to be looking for reasons to get insulted. So much so that you even go to great lengths to misinterpret people in order to get offended.

——————————

It may be basic biology for men to want to rape women.

It is still a bad thing that we should strive to stop entirely.

Wow! I believe you just won the championship for the ability to distort posts.
Your ridiculous comments are not deserving of a rebuttal.
Godstud wrote:"Enjoying" them, doesn't mean you aren't a misogynist. Strong prejudice against women is also misogyny.

Our reproductive instincts are a fact, not a "strong prejudice." Like all animals these instincts drive human behavior. Repressing them causes a large part of the problem society is now experiencing. Men are driven and women entice them. The only difference exhibited by humans is that we seek to turn a profit by it.

Zam 8)
Zamuel wrote:Our reproductive instincts are a fact, not a "strong prejudice." Like all animals these instincts drive human behavior. Repressing them causes a large part of the problem society is now experiencing. Men are driven and women entice them. The only difference exhibited by humans is that we seek to turn a profit by it.

Women are also driven.

Men also entice.

The desire to rape is an instinct and a fact. That does not, in any way, mean we should turn a blind eye to it or otherwise allow it to happen.

I have no idea how repressing rape causes any problems.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Women are also driven. Men also entice.

True it's a matter of degree ... we are of course distinct individuals and find unique manners of expression.

The desire to rape is an instinct and a fact. That does not, in any way, mean we should turn a blind eye to it or otherwise allow it to happen.

No, rape is not an instinct, it's a frustration of instinct. Natural mating is a mutual experience, women may be selective (another instinct) but they are generally not unwilling ... :roll:

Zam
Zamuel wrote:True it's a matter of degree ... we are of course distinct individuals and find unique manners of expression.

No, rape is not an instinct, it's a frustration of instinct. Natural mating is a mutual experience, women may be selective (another instinct) but they are generally not unwilling ... :roll:

You lost me.

Can you rewrite your argument using logic?

And also explain how this informs what we should do about sexual assault?
Pants-of-dog wrote:You lost me.

That's a relief ...

Can you rewrite your argument using logic?

No, I'm not arguing ...

And also explain how this informs what we should do about sexual assault?

It doesn't ... Not what the thread is about. As I recall, you introduced your obsession with rape, not I.

Real Rape, is the act either of a mentally defective man, or the desperate act of one whose normal instincts have been severely frustrated. In other cases, I don't think sex is the motivational factor.

I suspect in many rapes, women do share responsibility for misunderstanding the volatile situations they put themselves in. I suspect many "rapes" are the result of women who believed they were in control of a situation and belatedly found out they were not. Prodding the bull has it's inherent dangers. I sympathize, but it's much to late for sympathy to do any good.

I favor practical education in schools, co-ed roleplaying is a very effective technique. Neither adolescent girls or boys understand the blossoming instincts effecting them. God knows, neither do most of the adults who must teach them. Beyond that, I shall not dwell.

"Ok, you can throw stuff now."

Zam :O
Pants-of-dog wrote:That just seems like a bunch of subjective moralising.

sub·jec·tive
səbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

@Pants-of-dog gets confused when you talk about individuals instead of hypothetical people.
About ending all sexual regulation, Negotiator wrote:I'm confused now ... how exactly would that end all sexual violence ?

The case that A wants B but B doesnt want A will still remain.

Not really.

Other animals don't regulate sexuality, and there are NO other species involved in the MeToo movement.

Likewise, the problem with sexual regulation is that it's part of a much larger regulation of all instincts. And this smothering of "who we really are" causes all kinds of violent behavior, including rape, but also wars and social segregation.

We've lived with sexual regulation for so long (a few thousand years) that many of us think it's natural. But it isn't, and anything that is unnatural will eventually cause some kind of cancer, social or physical.

And the worse cultures to be a male in are wealthy, consumer cultures, because of the far higher social-control technologies and strategies. And also because women are ruined by their long work hours and the disappearance of what used to be their communities.

Women attacking men because they have dicks... will only further undo any kind of community solidarity. So it's probably the forces of social control that are forcing this "all men are rapists" meme onto the media.
Wow! A shocking twist in the #MeToo saga lol

Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim: report

Washington (AFP) - Italian actress Asia Argento, who became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement after accusing powerhouse producer Harvey Weinstein of rape, paid hush money to a man who claimed she sexually assaulted him when he was 17, The New York Times reported Sunday.

The $380,000 payment was made to Jimmy Bennett, an actor and rock musician, who claimed Argento assaulted him in a California hotel room in 2013, according to the Times, which cited documents sent to the paper by an unidentified party.

Bennett was two months past his 17th birthday at the time of the alleged encounter, while Argento was 37. The legal age of consent in California is 18. The pair are now 22 and 42 respectively.

The newspaper said it had tried repeatedly without success to get a comment on the matter from Argento and her representatives.

The terms of the deal including a payment schedule were finalized in April this year, according to the documents seen by the Times.

Among the documents it received was a selfie of the pair lying in bed dated May 9, 2013, that Bennett was supposed to hand over to Argento along with its copyright under the agreement.

- Victim or predator? -

Argento's lawyer Carrie Goldberg described the money as "helping Mr Bennett," lamenting that the actress had to deal with people "who preyed on both your strengths and your weaknesses."

Bennett's lawyers had characterized the hotel encounter as a "sexual battery" that traumatized the former child actor, threatening his mental health and income.

His notice of intent to sue sought $3.5 million in damages for "intentional infliction of emotional distress, lost wages, assault and battery," the paper said.

Argento became a powerful voice for the #MeToo movement after accusing Weinstein of raping her when she was 21 in his hotel room in 1997 during the Cannes film festival.

Bennett's legal action was launched a month after Argento's accusations against Weinstein were made public, the Times said, adding that his lawyer claimed his client recalled the hotel encounter after seeing Argento present herself as a victim of sexual assault.

Argento made an emotional speech at this year's Cannes festival, telling the audience: "Things have changed. We are not going to allow you to get away with it."
I would like to offer my deepest sympathies to Jimmey Bennet. Unfortunately I've just checked my account and I've run out of sympathy credit for the month, so sadly for the time being I will not be able to sympathise with Mr Bennet.
QatzelOk wrote: there are NO other species involved in the MeToo movement.

Thanks for the clarification, I was really on the fence about this. :lol:

QatzelOk wrote:Women attacking men because they have dicks... will only further undo any kind of community solidarity. So it's probably the forces of social control that are forcing this "all men are rapists" meme onto the media.

I actually agree with this.

Let the record bear witness that I agree with Qatz on something. :excited:

Oh, so now you don't believe Amit Soussana, @Pant[…]

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

No, it does not. It is governed by the rather vagu[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]