#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 30 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

skinster wrote:Crantag appears to be taking the story of the dick-pic-sending snowboarder very personally. :?:

Mostly I was pointing to the insidiousness of 'thought purity' when applied to the media. The entire thing was a meme.

I actually don't terribly like Shawn White, when I was younger he would have been what I regarded as a 'sell-out'. But being that I use to skate, could be a little bit personal.

That said, your post is sort of bullshit because I was only responding to Decky in actuality.
skinster wrote::D

I have no idea what that means.

But if you need me to spell it out, I deviate here from the ideologically pure (though intellectually invalid) notion that 'we must believe the accusers' (quotations/italics to denote meme).

I am not ideologically pure here, because I don't believe the accusation was legitimate from what I've heard. Sounds like the girl used the facade of employer harassment litigation to go after a pro athlete for money, on flimsy basis, and through a phony means. I don't think she was an employee. She played in his garage band. I seriously doubt they made any money, and the intent was probably not to make money. She is probably just completely full of shit, and strongarmed a settlement.

Now, that is all beside the point. I suppose that such a potentiality is relevant for demonstrating nuance, but the entire point had to do with the systematic absence of nuance when it comes to ideological purity.

It is also the ideological purity of the Democrats in the US which assure they will remain a fringe group, with their insistence on 'identity politics' (probably this insistence is because identity politics are brandable, and they have also been losing the 'identity politics' to Republicans for a good while. Mostly though, it is just brandable. #metoo, for example, is a brand.)
skinster wrote:Okay. :D

Since you (not me) are apparently a dirty-minded individual, and infatuated on a certain detail which to me is really subsidiary, it would seem you demand further explanation.

I am the type who will stick up for my own, i.e. fellow skaters. (Although personally I am a complete chameleon with respect to stereotypes. Athletically, I am also a wrestler-boxer-judoka, etc.).
skinster wrote:While my mind may be in the gutter at times it's not me who thinks it's okay to send dick pics to women who aren't interested in the same, that would be you. And I don't think anyone cares how athletic you are, since I wrote a hit play and directed it, so I'm not sweating it either. :D

I never once suggested it was okay.

You are demonstrating all I've been saying though very nicely, with all the knee jerking. It's pretty much been a nice real-time demonstration.

The only reason my personal regard for certain athletes is at all relevant is in explaining why I may be motivated to take the time to post on it. As for why it was on my radar, that would be because it was fed to the public as a top story through several news cycles.

As I said, my personal opinions on athletes means little. In fact, I generally despise celebrities and athletes are no exception. But I have a lot of respect for certain athletes, though especially in individualistic sports--especially more obscure ones, and not multi billion dollar team sport conglomerates.
skinster wrote:I think the moral of the story is: don't send dick pics to women who aren't interested. ;)

If PI were here, I'm sure he would be the first to say that unsolicited dick pics are highly inappropriate. Don't be a dickist, guys.
skinster wrote:Yeah, the central point you were making is the woman is guilty because I love skate-boarders who send unsolicited dick pics, or some shit. Very interesting. :lol:

What exactly have I suggested she is guilty of?

All I've done is indicated it was wrong for the media to declare a man guilty of the most anti-social transgressions (by their own manufactured standards), on the basis of a nuanced private settlement matter, on which they don't even report any detail other than the basest which conforms to their ideological purity agenda.

It's worthy to note that the journalists involved also acted contrary to the will of the Olympic organizers. That's relevant because an adult considers relevant parties. All of this is to account for information gaps, which should prevent such snap judgments.

But no. It was just a standard protocol operation by the media.

Keep on knee-jerking though. The knee jerk ideological purity identity politics of the American cruise missile liberal party is what is causing it to become obsolete.

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]