Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Finfinder wrote:It warms my heart knowing how much space Trump occupies in the left and progressives heads . It's about as fabulous as our economy right now. :lol:

This is actually a legitimate critique, with the proviso that liberal, left, and progressive are distinct categories. Trump is not the author of Trumpism, he merely rides the wave. The ground for Trumpism has been sown for decades by a reckless economic policy that has enabled the creation of a permanent underclass.

The US is in an unrecoverable downward spiral, as its institutions are literally being liquidated before our eyes. Bannon, who is kind of like the "mayhem" guy in the insurance commercials, has the best handle on all this. Destruction is what Bannon had anticipated, but like all whirlwinds, it will end up destroying a lot more than he intended.

Oh, btw your choice of adjective (fabulous) in regard to the economy is literally correct.
Suntzu wrote:Didn't the National Enquirer break the Monica Lewinski story? :)

I don't know, but you used the National Enquierer as an example of the kind of story that you imagined the OP was.

So now you think the OP reflects journalistic integrity? :?:

I can never keep up with what rightwing feelings about news sources are. But even here, it changes post-to-post. Have you tried using a broader narrative than whatever you're currently using?
@Hong Wu: He didn't "collude." At least, not in the sense being spun by unhinged liberals.

Trump's relationship with Russia began after his empire collapsed in the nineties. He was left with a negative net worth and US banks unwilling to advance him a dime.

It was at this point he stumbled into money laundering for Russian gangsters. They had millions of rubles and no way to park it in the west (because of sanctions).

From that point he stopped being a RE developer and morphed, like Noriega, into an international criminal.

It has nothing to do with treason, collusion, or any such nonsense. It's all about enabling secret money flows for oligarchs.
skinster wrote:I remember this and if I remember correctly, the Trumps were shuffled off temporarily into a room to figure things out, because they didn't expect to win, at all. Everyone and their mothers were certain Clinton was the winner.

Everyone on the political left, especially in the media. Remember, I wrote what was probably one of the longest and most popular threads on this site, but was locked down by the moderators simply because they couldn't take it anymore--just as I said in the title itself. I said from about two days after Trump announced that he was going to be a significant factor. Today, we can watch scenes of people like Ann Coulter on Bill Maher being laughed at by the entire panel and the audience. Yet, like me, she was one of the very few who got it right. Yes, the pysops campaigns of the left are overwhelming, but they weren't enough to turn the tide for Hillary Clinton.

The Immortal Goon wrote:The fact that Blackjack and Hindsite can have completely opposing interpretations but come to the same conclusions goes some way in showing how little Trump is disruptive. Not any more than Obama anyway.

Obama had the same true believers that had a conclusion they were going to reach either way, and then found their way through contrasting information.

Obama proved to be a disappointment. Wages didn't go up under Obama. To do that, we needed tax relief for corporations, not just individuals. Trump got that through, and already we see many corporations announcing bonuses, raises and new minimum wages of their own. The major disappointment in Trump so far is that he didn't get a full repeal of ObamaCare; however, that is due to RINOs like John McCain, Susan Collins, and others who voted for a full repeal of ObamaCare when it was inconsequential but turned against their own constituencies when it really mattered.

Rugoz wrote:Why the hell would anyone still buy the anti-establishment bullshit at this point?

So you are telling me that at any other politician would respond to Kim Jong Un that he has a button too, and it's an even bigger button, and it works?

Rugoz wrote:Trump is a GOP lapdog.

The GOP wouldn't have put the tax cut through as is if it were someone else at the helm like Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. Dream on.

Rugoz wrote:Look beyond all the circus and all Trump managed to do is lowering taxes for the rich and sucking up to Israel.

ISIS got crushed in Iraq and Syria. North Korea is facing a huge military build up--meaning Trump has made the pivot to Asia that Obama only talked about.

Hong Wu wrote:Cartoons to dramatize the situation might make it all feel more compelling, maybe but if he didn't want to be president, why did he collude with the Russians?

The left is still trying to figure out why Trump is liked more than them. They just can't seem to figure it out. Trump is a complete nut. It's just awesome:

How can you not think this guy is Rodney Dangerfield funny?

Hillary Clinton plotted her whole life and struck out twice: first to a black man with no legislative accomplishments and no executive experience; and second, to a blowhard with no political experience at all, but killer instincts for business and people--and he completely destroyed the Republican establishment too. OMG. For all the areas where I might disagree with Trump, his victory over political correctness and the milquetoast liberal cabal is absolutely awesome.

Now, all he needs to do is start taking points like this:

And start trashing Obama. That will cause at least a few strokes.
blackjack21 wrote:So you are telling me that at any other politician would respond to Kim Jong Un that he has a button too, and it's an even bigger button, and it works?

You mean it makes him an imbecile like Kim Jong Un? That certainly worked. :lol:

North Korea is a circus for puppets like you. The only opponent that matters in East Asia is China. China will gladly expand trade and thus influence in the region when the US does not.

blackjack21 wrote:The GOP wouldn't have put the tax cut through as is if it were someone else at the helm like Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. Dream on.

You mean it would not have been as shameless? You're probably right.
Blackjack21 wrote:Obama proved to be a disappointment. Wages didn't go up under Obama. To do that, we needed tax relief for corporations, not just individuals. Trump got that through, and already we see many corporations announcing bonuses, raises and new minimum wages of their own. The major disappointment in Trump so far is that he didn't get a full repeal of ObamaCare; however, that is due to RINOs like John McCain, Susan Collins, and others who voted for a full repeal of ObamaCare when it was inconsequential but turned against their own constituencies when it really mattered.

Trump and Obama had the same policy on reducing these taxes. They're both bourgouis, murdering shills for their masters.

Why anybody is impressed with one over the other should show how nakedly exploitive the party system is.

This is a lot of arguing over who did better when both sides did exactly the same thing for the same reason and told the world that their results were totally different or better. They all get the same hedge fund managers to do the same thing and then explain how their shit smells better this time.

But I shouldn't even have to talk about the last president. It says something, I think, when an Obama supporter would have to say, "At least he's better than Bush!" And the same defence has to be used with Trump.

This is a class dictatorship. And we should be kicking all of these assholes in the nuts, not groveling about how good their doing by licking their master's palms.
Godstud wrote:Right, because Americans are supposed to forget who the POTUS is, and what he's doing. The POTUS never makes the news!

Americans must have been real pieces of shit to get Trump.

In your condition of heated rage and derangement it seems you are making up quotes and crediting me for posting them when I didn't. Why? Talk about a psycho POS.
Atlantis wrote: But the old saying holds true: every nation deserves the president it has got.

I am glad to see that we no longer deserve a president like Obama or crooked Hillary. According to Senator Orin Hatch of Utah, We now have a great leader as a President, who could become the greatest President ever. Praise the Lord for the Trump of God. HalleluYah.

Godstud wrote:Americans must have been real pieces of shit to get Trump.

Just the left-wing. God saw redemption in the right-wing and sent the Trump of God to sound the call to righteousness.

The Immortal Goon wrote:I don't know, but you used the National Enquierer as an example of the kind of story that you imagined the OP was.

To me the book seems more like a soap opera.

quetzalcoatl wrote:@Hong Wu: He didn't "collude." At least, not in the sense being spun by unhinged liberals.

Trump's relationship with Russia began after his empire collapsed in the nineties. He was left with a negative net worth and US banks unwilling to advance him a dime.

It was at this point he stumbled into money laundering for Russian gangsters. They had millions of rubles and no way to park it in the west (because of sanctions).

From that point he stopped being a RE developer and morphed, like Noriega, into an international criminal.

It has nothing to do with treason, collusion, or any such nonsense. It's all about enabling secret money flows for oligarchs.

This is nonsense. You should write your own book of fiction about Trump. The left-wing will love it.
Prisoners in the US can't run for office. Can they?
Trump can't run for office in 2020 because he'll be in jail with all the other trumps of god. Jerry Falwell was a trump of god, too. Trumps of god are like Raptures. One every couple year to make the retards feel special.
Godstud wrote:Prisoners in the US can't run for office. Can they?
Trump can't run for office in 2020 because he'll be in jail with all the other trumps of god. Jerry Falwell was a trump of god, too. Trumps of god are like Raptures. One every couple year to make the retards feel special.

I bet Hillary Clinton will be in jail long before Trump.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Trump and Obama had the same policy on reducing these taxes. They're both bourgouis, murdering shills for their masters.

Trump got it done, and Obama did not. They have similar ideas on health care reform, and that is why I'd like to see both of them fail at that.

The Immortal Goon wrote:It says something, I think, when an Obama supporter would have to say, "At least he's better than Bush!" And the same defence has to be used with Trump.

The Bush family, Clintons and Obama all had neoconservative roots. Trump does not. Trump's win was a loss for the neoconservative kingmakers. They did not want Trump at all.

Hindsite wrote:I am glad to see that we no longer deserve a president like Obama or crooked Hillary.

Me too. The whole point of Trump is that he wasn't a professional politician.

Rancid wrote:This is why I wonder if he will really run for a second term.

The only person who left the White House behind without running for a second term in the modern era was Lyndon Johnson. So I wouldn't count on it.
Hong Wu wrote:Ok so if I'm understanding this, Trump can not want to be President but also collude with the Russians to win because he's forced to by the Russian mafia?

Sometimes, even when you're hesitant about something in life, you still go full steam ahead.
blackjack21 wrote:The only person who left the White House behind without running for a second term in the modern era was Lyndon Johnson. So I wouldn't count on it.

Another piece of presidential trivia is that Gerald Ford was the only person to have served as both vice president and president without being elected to either office.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That or some of the Republicans are crazy or stup[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]