VIDEO: Boeing 777 MH17 downed by Ukrainian BUK missile - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddm249l7X4c

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, a Boeing 777-200 was a flight between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014 with 298 passengers and crew members on board. The Crash: Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 departed Amsterdam at 12:13pm and was expected to arrive at Kuala Lumpur at 6:10am the next day. The flight was to fly over Ukraine at 33,000 feet and then change to 35,000 feet once they got near Dnipro, according to the original flight plan. Once the flight reached the area, the crew requested the altitude change to avoid a separation conflict with a Singapore Airlines flight, which was approved. Several minutes later, the pilots requested for a deviation to the left to avoid a small storm, which was also approved. Another 20 minutes later, ATC noticed that Flight 17 was off course so they instructed the crew to turn back on course. The flight was then to be handed over to Rostov-on-Don ATC, however this never happened. The flight disappeared from radar. The aircraft was found crashed near the small Ukrainian town of Hrabove, killing all 298 people on board. After more than a year of investigation of the crash, it was concluded by the Dutch Safety Board that the airliner was downed by a Ukrainian Buk surface-to-air missile. The missile detonated near the cockpit, instantly killing the pilots. This caused several structural failures of the plane an eventually led to an in-flight breakup of the aircraft, spreading wreckage over 50 square kilometres, killing everyone on board. It is currently the worst aviation disaster in Ukraine, the worst Malaysia Airlines crash, the worst Boeing 777 crash and the worst plane crash of the 21st century.
GreClay wrote:Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddm249l7X4c

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, a Boeing 777-200 was a flight between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014 with 298 passengers and crew members on board. The Crash: Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 departed Amsterdam at 12:13pm and was expected to arrive at Kuala Lumpur at 6:10am the next day. The flight was to fly over Ukraine at 33,000 feet and then change to 35,000 feet once they got near Dnipro, according to the original flight plan. Once the flight reached the area, the crew requested the altitude change to avoid a separation conflict with a Singapore Airlines flight, which was approved. Several minutes later, the pilots requested for a deviation to the left to avoid a small storm, which was also approved. Another 20 minutes later, ATC noticed that Flight 17 was off course so they instructed the crew to turn back on course. The flight was then to be handed over to Rostov-on-Don ATC, however this never happened. The flight disappeared from radar. The aircraft was found crashed near the small Ukrainian town of Hrabove, killing all 298 people on board. After more than a year of investigation of the crash, it was concluded by the Dutch Safety Board that the airliner was downed by a Ukrainian Buk surface-to-air missile. The missile detonated near the cockpit, instantly killing the pilots. This caused several structural failures of the plane an eventually led to an in-flight breakup of the aircraft, spreading wreckage over 50 square kilometres, killing everyone on board. It is currently the worst aviation disaster in Ukraine, the worst Malaysia Airlines crash, the worst Boeing 777 crash and the worst plane crash of the 21st century.

Unlikely. I remember the day when this happened. Russian side was celebrating the downing of another airplane until they started denying it. It was the rebels who done it by mistake. Since AA-systems are not that common and people using them are also not a common thing, it was obviously done with Russian assistance.
It was the Russian-backed rebel militia who claimed it:
DONETSK, July 17. /ITAR-TASS/. The mlitia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) have brought down a military transport Antonov-26 (An-26) plane of the Ukrainian Air Force on the outskirts of the town of Torez, eyewitnesses said.

A missile hit the An-26, it fell on the ground and caught blaze, they said.

On July 14, militiamen of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic downed another An-26 of the Ukrainian Air Force.

More:
http://tass.com/world/741164

The Malaysian airliner was the only plane shot down that day. They thought they'd hit a Ukrainian military plane, so boasted about it. Then it turned out to be the airliner.

Attention has centred on rebel leaders who reportedly discussed the downing of a plane shortly after MH17 exploded and crashed: Igor Strelkov, an alleged Russian intelligence agent leading the military forces of the self-declared "Donetsk People's Republic", and Igor Bezler, a notorious loose cannon who rules the town of Horlivka with an iron fist. A third suspect is Nikolai Kozitsyn, commander of a group of Cossacks, the traditional military caste that once protected the borders of the Russian empire.

Shortly after the Boeing 777 went down with 298 people aboard, a Russian social networking page that has been uploading messages from Strelkov for weeks published a post saying rebels had shot down a plane outside Torez, near the location of the wreckage of MH17.

The post, which was later deleted, appeared to incorrectly identify the aircraft as an AN-26 military transport plane, lending credence to the theory that the rebels mistakenly downed the Malaysian airliner. "We warned you not to fly in our skies," it read. Rebel leaders later denied their forces had shot down the plane.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ ... owned-mh17

The archived post: https://web.archive.org/web/20140717155 ... 24472_7256
Google Translate gives:
Summaries from Igor Ivanovich Strelkov
07/07/2014 17:50 (GMT) Message from the militia.

"In the area of Torez just hit an An-26 plane, lying somewhere behind the Progress mine.
Warned the same - do not fly in "our sky."
And here is video-confirmation of the next "bird-bird".
The bird fell over the waste tank, the residential sector did not catch. Peaceful people did not suffer.

And also there is information about the second downed plane, like Su. "
skinster wrote:I remember the day this happened too, I was at the airport in Amsterdam with people who were getting on the flight from the same airport who had their plane shot down. I don't remember seeing any evidence for Russia being responsible, do you have any John Rawls? :?:

The Russians are responsible in way that they provided the AA systems and the people to use them to the rebels. Before this plane downing, there were many reports of the rebels shooting down Ukranian military planes which were bombing the cities and delivering supplies to the nearby airports.

On the same day, there was a report of the rebels downing another ukranian plane. So it is unlikely that it wasn't the rebels.

Direct evidence is something that is impossible for me to provide besides the pictures from the internet which I don't really trust.

I can only speak of my perspective on those days. What i saw and what i heard and what conclusions i make of this. Although there is a convenience factor to this. (That Russia had to quickly pull out all of the AA assets after this incident which gave Ukranian airforce a chance)
JohnRawls wrote:Direct evidence is something that is impossible for me to provide besides the pictures from the internet which I don't really trust.

And you shouldn't - there was no one there to film the missile attack - it looks like a mashup of real video on the ground (of wreckage), and some flight sim video. :)
The Obama administration has failed to produce any hard evidence that pro-Russia separatists were responsible for the downing of Malaysia Flight 17. The administration’s theory– that the jetliner was downed by a surface-to-air missile launched from rebel territory in east Ukraine– is not supported by radar data, satellite imagery, eyewitness testimony or forensic evidence. In fact, there is no factual basis for the hypothesis at all. It’s merely politically-motivated speculation that’s been repeated endlessly in the media to shape public opinion. The preponderance of evidence suggests a different scenario altogether, that is, that MH17 was shot down by Ukrainian fighters in an effort to frame the pro-Russia separatists and demonize Russia by implication. This is precisely why the MH17 story has vanished from all the major media for the last three weeks. It’s because the bloody fingerprints point to Obama’s puppet-government in Kiev.

So what are the facts?

(more below)
https://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/04 ... th-russia/
Negotiator wrote:We might never know what happened. Plus frankly whoever did it made an error anyway. Neither side had anything to gain from this.

Right on both counts ... I can't help but wonder ... If there were Ukrainian Jets in the area checking out the airliner (which would not be unusual,) it's possible a (Russian) man portable, heat seeking, AA missile was launched against the military aircraft and wound up hitting the airliner. :O

Zam
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yale course on Ukrainian history: https://www.yout[…]

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]