Do you agree/disagree with the death penalty? Why? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I don't think that it is an effective policy - morally, financially, for serving justice... and it does not dramatically lower crime.

Plus, I'm never a fan of having the state have the legal power to kill you. I wouldn't say it is a "slippery slope" thing, I just don't grant them that privilege.
The answer obviously is you separate people into different classes based upon how likely they are to actually commit crimes worthy of the death penalty, this allows for quick and efficient executions without turning execution into a political tool, since the class of people who can't be executed quickly would be the same people who can actually influence politics in a meaningful way.

Who could POSSIBLY disagree with this?!
Godstud wrote:The death penalty is a barbaric practice that only the most uncivilized/immoral countries in the world utilize.

Thailand uses the death penalty. I guess you live in a barbaric, uncivilised country then.

Was it barbaric and immoral to execute senior Nazis at Nuremberg?

I really can't stand the liberal view on what constitutes "barbarism". It seems that for the vast, vast majority of human history everyone was a degenerate beast and then suddenly [Obama/Blair/Trudeau/Macron] was elected and we achieved enlightenment. :lol:

Besides, if Comrade Stalin, with all his beneficient wisdom, used the death penalty, it can't be all bad.
Heisenberg wrote:Thailand uses the death penalty. I guess you live in a barbaric, uncivilised country then.

Was it barbaric and immoral to execute senior Nazis at Nuremberg?

I really can't stand the liberal view on what constitutes "barbarism". It seems that for the vast, vast majority of human history everyone was a degenerate beast and then suddenly [Obama/Blair/Trudeau/Macron] was elected and we achieved enlightenment.

Besides, if Comrade Stalin, with all his beneficient wisdom, used the death penalty, it can't be all bad.

Could not have said it better myself, it seems incredibly arrogant for these folks to scorn thousands of years of political wisdom and from nations and empires that were socially and politically quite sophisticated and posit our shallow political ideals as inherently virtuous solely on the grounds that its 2018 after all!!
How is that a response to what I said? You live in Thailand. You married a Thai woman. Is your wife an immoral barbarian? Did you emigrate to Asia as part of a civilising mission to spread the Gospel according to Saint Justin? :lol: (In this version, Justin 14:6 reads "I am the Way, the Trudeau, the Life").

This is the problem. I don't think Thailand is barbaric or awful - quite the contrary. But, your own logic says that you must think otherwise. Maybe you should think for a second before posting in the future. :)
Bulaba Jones wrote:It's concerning how justice systems around the world routinely make mistakes that send innocent people to prison for most of their lives, or innocent people to their graves.

Yeah, there's still people in Guantanamo who've not been charged with anything, just sitting there, waiting for death. It's fucking disgusting.

But anyway, I support the death penalty for people who commit violent and sexual crimes and also for people who own more than a million dollars and those who talk on phones for more than a minute in public spaces. And also for liberals since they're pointless and are ruining everything. :D
I support the death penalty for people who move in next to pubs that have been playing live music for decades (sometimes longer than the individual has been alive) and then grass them up to council over noise complaints to try and get them to stop having live music.
Oh those people are the worst people. That happened to, I think The Spotted Dog in Digbeth, the one that you get to from the bus-stop after you pass the big roundabout in Digbeth (I hear there were 2 Spotted Dogs in Digbeth). What fucking wankers move to Digbeth and expect quiet? Wankers that need to be executed is what.
Prince of Wales is the place where it is happening the worst.

And even worse they are going to knock down the flapper and firkin in town too. :knife: Soon subside will be the only half way decent metal pub left in our city, the home of metal, the birthplace of black sabbath! And even that is shit compared to when it was in it's old building (I don't count the hammer and anvil as it is shit and scruffy's hardly ever has more than ten people in it these days, I don't even know how it can afford to stay open).
The Prince?! That's bullshit. It's been there forever. I didn't know that about The Flapper, I used to work there once upon a time, many moons ago, when I spent most of that time being tipsy at work and giving all my friends - and even acquaintances - free drinks. :D When is it closing down? I'm aiming to be in Brum in June so hopefully I can see it before it is fully ended.
Small world haha, you might have served me in there. :lol:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats- ... d-14279835

They are trying to get it listed but that is fucking optimistic for that building. :lol: I can't see them winning in the long run. The (((people who own the land))) always get their way in the end.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is implausible that the IDF would witness what […]

Quibbling about terminology is the exact method us[…]

The importance of out-breeding

https://external-content.duckduckgo.c[…]

Bring on the nuclear war.