Do you agree/disagree with the death penalty? Why? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Godstud wrote:The death penalty does prevent re-offense, but it serves as no deterrent. People who commit the crimes do so, regardless. There are far too many cases of innocent people imprisoned for the death penalty to be justified, and that's why all the civilized countries of the world have done away with it. I am glad the USA stands amongst such great civilizations like Saudi Arabia and North Korea, in it's willingness to forget about human rights on whimsy.

Me too, because human rights is nonsense. How many now, including the right to the internet I believe in some versions?
One Degree wrote:because human rights is nonsense.
Human rights are not nonsense. They are things that people decide upon as being necessary for all people. That people in every nation in the world can't agree on what those rights are, is inconsequential.

Most countries have agreed upon what human rights are important, too.

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

I know of no place that has a "right to the internet", as it's a service, but it's very hard NOT to get access to the internet. Wifi is everywhere, and I'm in a developing country where they have 4G service, country-wide.
Godstud wrote:Human rights are not nonsense. They are things that people decide upon as being necessary for all people. That people in every nation in the world can't agree on what those rights are, is inconsequential.

Most countries have agreed upon what human rights are important, too.

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

I know of no place that has a "right to the internet", as it's a service, but it's very hard NOT to get access to the internet. Wifi is everywhere, and I'm in a developing country where they have 4G service, country-wide.

If you read the UN list of 30 rights, it is obvious it is liberal democracy. It is also obvious many are impossible to achieve. How do you have a right to be free from discrimination? No one can be free from discrimination.
It is basically a list of idealistic goals to convince people to acquiesce to world domination of liberal democracy. It is a propaganda campaign.
One Degree wrote:It is also obvious many are impossible to achieve.
If you don't set lofty goals, then you never can achieve much.

One Degree wrote:How do you have a right to be free from discrimination? No one can be free from discrimination.
Yes, you can be. You can be free from discrimination based on your race, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. Of course you cannot be totally free from it, but they can make it so that you cannot ACT on that discrimination without societal repercussions.

One Degree wrote:It is a propaganda campaign.
I'm sorry you are a proponent of discrimination, racism and ignorance, but eventually your ilk will die out, and the world will be a better place.
I'm sorry you are a proponent of discrimination, racism and ignorance, but eventually your ilk will die out, and the world will be a better place.

@Godstud Your rudeness just highlights your hypocrisy. You talk about lofty goals of equality, but you want my ‘ilk’ to die out. You obviously have no interest in equality at all, or you don’t understand what it is.
Rancid wrote:Rights are whatever we want them to be.

Very true.

One Degree wrote:If you read the UN list of 30 rights, it is obvious it is liberal democracy.

Also true.
I believe the right to abortion on demand and the recognition of aberrant sexual life styles are among those "universal human rights".
One should not be blinded by the fact that those rights seem normal for a Westerner. But in the majority of the world's countries, this is not the case.
One Degree wrote:You talk about lofty goals of equality, but you want my ‘ilk’ to die out.
Am I rude simply because I am stating the facts, and you do, in fact, count yourself amongst those I would see gone? How else will society progress if the ignorant can't, and won't, be taught? They have to die out, and be replaced by people with loftier goals than just being the 'Racist of the Week', on Pofo.

One Degree wrote:You obviously have no interest in equality at all, or you don’t understand what it is.
I understand it, but you do not. Equality is not the freedom to be a cunt to people because they are different from you, or don't follow your(plural) archaic sense of broken morality.
Godstud wrote:Am I rude simply because I am stating the facts, and you do, in fact, count yourself amongst those I would see gone? How else will society progress if the ignorant can't, and won't, be taught? They have to die out, and be replaced by people with loftier goals than just being the 'Racist of the Week', on Pofo.

I understand it, but you do not. Equality is not the freedom to be a cunt to people because they are different from you, or don't follow your(plural) archaic sense of broken morality.

Seriously? I am not saying this as a personal attack, but as an appeal to reason. Your comments are pure hypocrisy and blind assumptions. You are guilty of the very things you are accusing me of. Just because I do not believe the entire world should be subjected to YOUR views of morality, you call me names and want me dead. This is really distorted thinking. Equality through death of all who disagree?
You are one of those people who see hatred of discrimination as discrimination. :lol: I'm sorry that YOU are the victim, here.

One Degree wrote:Equality through death of all who disagree?
:lol: I never said kill anyone. You're being overly melodramatic. I simply said that those people who think like simpletons from a by-gone era, will die off, and be replaced by thinking people.
Godstud wrote:You are one of those people who see hatred of discrimination as discrimination. :lol: I'm sorry that YOU are the victim, here.

:lol: I never said kill anyone. You're being overly melodramatic. I simply said that those people who think like simpletons from a by-gone era, will die off, and be replaced by thinking people.

Hatred of discrimination is a denial of who we are. Just another insistence that reality should conform to your idealistic nonsense. Treating others as true equals does not require we do not have preferences. Your obsession over a few of our methods of discrimination blinds you to cultural differences. You want everyone to live by a set of rules you have decided is ‘right’. I do not because your idea of ‘right’ is no better than someone else’s. Your world view is boring, monotonous, and autocratic. I like the idea of a Jewish state, a Black state, a mixed race state, a Muslim state, an aboriginal state, a communist state, and on and on. I want nothing to do with your ‘one world view’.
For those people who think human rights are nonsense, feel free to give them up.

Or trade your place in a society that respects your rights with someone who lives in a society where their human rights are not respected.

As for the death penalty, I have no problems with the death penalty per se, but I do have problems with the fact that poor and non-white people have a significantly higher chance of getting the death penalty than a rich or white person in the exact same scenario.
One Degree wrote: Hatred of discrimination is a denial of who we are.
False. It's acknowledging who we are, and purposefully changing. I know change scares you, but it's necessary.

:roll: Discrimination does not mean "preference".

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Preference: a greater liking for one alternative over another or others.

One Degree wrote:Your obsession over a few of our methods of discrimination blinds you to cultural differences.
:lol: You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Cultural differences need not be racist and discriminatory. A great many are not.

One Degree wrote:Your world view is boring, monotonous, and autocratic. I like the idea of a Jewish state, a Black state, a mixed race state, a Muslim state, an aboriginal state, a communist state, and on and on. I want nothing to do with your ‘one world view’.
:roll: I'm sorry if my "view" isn't all about racism, discrimination, and segregation, as yours is. As I said earlier, the sooner your ilk is gone from this world, the better.
:lol: You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Cultural differences need not be racist and discriminatory. A great many are not.

@Godstud No, they don’t need to be but if they are, you think they should die. There is also no reason why they should not be. If your culture is closely tied to race or religion, then there is no reason to object to it if it is not harming others. It is 0nly a problem if there are no other choices for people. Your one world view eliminates all choices except yours. It is the most discriminatory of all in the name of eliminating discrimination.

Edit: I don’t even know how we got so far off topic, but we are @Godstud
I'll bet you think it's hate speech to speak out against hate speech.

One Degree wrote:If your culture is closely tied to race or religion, then there is no reason to object to it if it is not harming others.
How is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex, not harmful? Riddle me that.

One degree wrote:Your one world view eliminates all choices except yours. It is the most discriminatory of all in the name of eliminating discrimination.
Me wanting stupid people who cannot learn, and who don't want to learn, to die off, isn't discriminatory. It's an honest hope that the world will become a better place when those kinds of people go away forever. It would be great if they could learn not to be meatheads... but that seems nigh impossible with some. You're kind of demonstrating my point. ;)
Godstud wrote:I'll bet you think it's hate speech to speak out against hate speech.

How is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex, not harmful? Riddle me that.

Me wanting stupid people who cannot learn, and who don't want to learn, to die off, isn't discriminatory. It's an honest hope that the world will become a better place when those kinds of people go away forever. It would be great if they could learn not to be meatheads... but that seems nigh impossible with some. You're kind of demonstrating my point. ;)

Why do you think it is harmful? Wanting to only live with people who share your religion or race need not harm anyone. It is only when you think everyone must accept the same standards, that creates a problem. People lived successfully for a long time being segregated by race and religion. Problems only arose when they were forced, or chose to live together. It was their ‘lack of choice’ that was the problem.
Your views make sense for a very diverse group of individuals who choose to live together. Your fallacy is in deciding everyone must live this way. There is no justification for that part.
One Degree wrote:Edit: I don’t even know how we got so far off topic, but we are @Godstud

Personally, I don't like it. But I do support Capital Punishment. It is a foundation stone of justice.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:Personally, I don't like it. But I do support Capital Punishment. It is a foundation stone of justice.

Zam

It is a necessary evil. The murderer of two cops just received parole because he has ‘matured’. I agree that older people are less likely to commit crimes, and they probably aren’t the same people they were. But, you don’t just forgive someone for intentionally killing two people. This is where society requires punishment, not just justice. This should not be an issue, because he should have received the death penalty for society and for himself. I believe most criminals given the choice between life in prisonment or death, will choose death. Ironically, this is why we don’t often let them choose.
One Degree wrote:Why do you think it is harmful?
Explain how it is not. The very definition of discrimination includes the word 'unjust'. How can you reconcile that as not being harmful to any society?

People 'preferring' to live with each other is a far cry from exclusion, which you support with your support of discrimination. I have no respect for people of your ilk, and never will.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O