YouTube Censorship underwrites competition with Minds.com and BitChute.com - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

When YouTube started doing things like demonetizing Mark Dice videos, I figured things were going South for that platform. When they started flagging Prager University as being inappropriate for children, I thought YouTube would start seeing competition in the next few years. I didn't expect it to be this fast. Libertarian and conservative bloggers have been launching their channels on sites like Minds.com and BitChute.

Some are seeing significant traction already. Styxhexenhammer666, for example, already has 10k subscribers on Minds.com.

Since YouTube has also started cutting pay to other content creators, I'm guessing that there will be a general exodus from their platform.

Check 'em out:

http://minds.com
http://bitchute.com
YouTube is now a significant drain on Alphabet stock.

YouTube precipitated a $70B loss of market cap in Alphabet stock attributable to YouTube getting less engagement and traction following the algorithmic changes. Ignoring a fiduciary obligation to maximize shareholder value, they have lost 10 times more market cap than Donald Trump's entire net worth. It's starting to hurt.
Sivad wrote:The problem is YouTube can operate at or below cost because it's subsidized by Alphabet. No independent enterprise can compete with that. The market really can't sort this out, Alphabet either has to be broken up or YouTube needs to be regulated as a public forum.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]