Trump's speech proves why he is GOP's worst enemy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

CNN's Dean Obeidallah wrote:
Holding court in front of an adoring and energized crowd, Trump went off script. In fact, according to CNN, Trump delivered only "about five minutes" of what had been scripted.
The rest was pure, unadulterated and unfiltered Trump.
The rally's highlights therefore had little to do with the GOP candidate who Trump was there to endorse, or even much to do with Trump's political agenda. Instead, one of the top headlines was "Trump Slams NBC's Chuck Todd at Rally: 'Sleepy-Eyed Son of a Bitch.'"
How did Trump go from trying to help a Republican in a special election race to insulting an NBC anchor? And in a district that, though he won by 20 points in 2016, is now a swing district?

Well, the short answer is that everything is about Trump. To Trump, all the world is his stage and the rest of us are merely players. So, when Trump goes off script to appease his base by bashing the media, for example, it's because Trump is desperate to entertain.
Did Trump return to focusing on Saccone and providing detailed and compelling reasons to support him? Of course not. Instead Trump shared his views on everyone Trump related. He told the audience of his fantasy of running against Oprah Winfrey in 2020, declaring, "Wouldn't we love to run against Oprah? I would love it."
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/11/opin ... index.html

Good points.
Let me give you a little help; as you left out any background details.

By Dean Obeidallah

Updated 1613 GMT (0013 HKT) March 12, 2018

(CNN)Hours before "Saturday Night Live" aired, Donald Trump was serving up some of his own comedy. This time it was in Pennsylvania at a rally in support of Republican Rick Saccone, who is facing Democrat Conor Lamb in a special congressional election slated for Tuesday. And, once again, Trump gave us another example of why Trump is his own -- and potentially the GOP's -- worst enemy.
Meh. This article is garbage.

Its not Trumps fault if the candidate in question has reelection problems. Heck he gave a speech to support the guy. Maybe that speech wasnt so hot, though without actually having watched it, I cant know. But Trump clearly wasnt the cause for the reelection problems, thats just an obviously wrong claim.

And the rest is a lot of anoying whining that Trump insulted one of these highly overpaid mainstream journalist. Uh-hu. I witness these people daily; thus my opinion of mainstream journalists is as low as of mainstream politicians, barely above if not equal to that of investment bankers. Good journalists lose their jobs in mainstream; the only thing that remains is pretty bad people. People who have no qualms to do stuff like warmongering, as they did in the past few days in respect to Syria.

So I have every reason to suspect that Trump has very good reasons to be angry at that specific reporter. The article, of course, doesnt give any explanation of that part of the equation.
He's a parasite

The current admin promotes MAGA: Zeihan say[…]

https://images.nationalgeographic.or[…]

@FiveofSwords Apropos the potato ... Why do […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Is Israel a “settler colonial” state? That ch[…]