Born slaves, we must buy our skins back from banks - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

source

We're all Haitians now

After the Haitian Revolution of 1804, France refused to recognize the freedom of the people there, instead, demanding that Haitians "buy their skin back " for a huge sum of money, which put the the new state into major debt for more than a century.

wikipedia wrote:...France refused to recognize the newly independent country's sovereignty until 1825, in exchange for 150 million gold francs. This fee, demanded as retribution for the "lost property,"—slaves, land, equipment etc.—of the former colonialists, was later reduced to 90 million. Haiti agreed to pay the price to lift a crippling embargo imposed by France, Britain, and the United States— but to do so, the Haitian government had to take out high interest loans. The debt was not repaid in full until 1947...

So here, a few years before the "freeing" of American slaves, you have the principle of "buying ones skin back from the masters" established by France, that pinnacle of political sophistication and modern diplomacy. And France's post-revolutionary aristocracy somehow manages to trample over any concept of equality or fairness in order to rake in more money without working for it - a key feature of an oligarchy.

So this is where the principle of "losers have to buy their skin from the rich" comes from. It's a bit like being taxed at school by a huge bully who's failed a few grades.

Modern bankers have universalized this scheme, with national debts. And the oligarchs that we elect to "govern" us have fed them our skins by voluntarily putting their own citizens into debt to private interests.

The average American owes approximately $60,000 at birth. If he pays this debt back at a rate of a thousand dollars per year, it takes an average American about 60 years to "buy his skin back" from private bankers.

In Canada, this figure is about $50,000 (fifty years to buy our skins back from private bankers), but in Japan, it's $90,000 per person to buy their skins back.

Right now, your skin probably belongs to private bankers. When might your skin belong to you again? Check out this chart to find out.

source

How much money have "your" oligarchy governments borrowed in your name? When will you "own your skin?"
Rancid wrote:I think we should all submit to the system in all its glory.

My point is that we have already been signed into "the system" by the last few generations.

They signed on with the banks to make us all debt slaves.

If a nation goes bankrupt and its citizens can't pay off their skins, what do you think the banks will do?

My guess is that they will kill of the population in a war and seize all their assets.

So that is probably what awaits many people in soon-to-be-bankrupt Western countries. All the anti-Muslim, anti-Russian official hatred is just a set-up for you and I being bombed and buried to maintain healthy balance sheets by people who play games with numbers rather than producing anything of value to anyone else.

That was my theoretical point. You can agree or disagree with its premises.
MistyTiger wrote:You know what Rousseau said, "Man is born free but everywhere in chains." So true.

In our sad era, man is always on freeways, shopping at chains.

And this is part of how we got to be so ignorant that we let our oligarchs conspire with organized banks and enslave future generations for products and services that they themselves will never benefit from or consume.

That's the most important "legacy" of the last few generations: they let their kids get sucked into debt slavery and a destroyed environment. "Thanks, ma and pa."

*sheds a pollution-stained tear, and then back to the infinite grindstone*
MistyTiger wrote:I know I am a slave to money. I want to survive and buy my own house someday.
Ah, so you're a slave to human thought. You WANT to survive, you WANT to buy a temporary shelter that will shield your temporary biological vessel from temporary elements. If we could see how thought enslaves us, we'd stop blaming extensions of thought for our enslavement. You only think you're ugly because other people wear makeup. Now you see, you only think you're a slave to money because other people are slaves to money. But this is the way things are you say, so you never surrender, you carry on. You think therefore believe in your own enslavement. The game of life has no winners, but that's not what we think, you see...

we must buy our skins back from banks

Not true, we simply stop thinking the thoughts which lead to our enslavement. The bank doesn't own anything. :lol: Collectively, we enslave ourselves.

The white man's mad because the white man is selling out the white man. Now you know shit is bad.
About how we're required to buy our skins back from the banks because of the complicity of oligarchical governance and private banking cartels, RhetoricThug wrote:Not true, we simply stop thinking the thoughts which lead to our enslavement. The bank doesn't own anything. :lol: Collectively, we enslave ourselves.

Just smile and think pleasant thoughts?

Maybe sit back and watch a movie produced by the Federal Reserve's cousins? Take your mind off working overtime so that you can live in a suburban slum and drive for four hours each day in a beat-up pickup?

Or what about confronting the illegitamacy of current Western governance before your own children owe more than the entire worth of their entire productive lives to banks for products that they themselves will never enjoy?
Chaos is stability...

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

QatzelOk wrote:Just smile and think pleasant thoughts?
Not smiling, thinking unpleasant thoughts, will change what exactly?

Maybe sit back and watch a movie produced by the Federal Reserve's cousins?
Can you produce a movie without actors, props, sets, makeup artists, techies, etc? No. So you see, we make the movies. It's called supply and DEMAND for a reason.

Take your mind off working overtime so that you can live in a suburban slum and drive for four hours each day in a beat-up pickup?
We enslave ourselves, Qatz. If you want to change the world, start with yourself.

Or what about confronting the illegitamacy of current Western governance before your own children owe more than the entire worth of their entire productive lives to banks for products that they themselves will never enjoy?
What can we confront exactly? After-all, The idea that some 'entity' is suppressing you is part of the control system. The moment you realize that we're the ones responsible for the control system, the banks lose control. We're the money, Qatz. We buy and sell ourselves.

We haven't really paid much attention to thought as a process. we have engaged in thoughts, but we have only paid attention to the content, not to the process.

-One Love
RhetoricThug wrote:We enslave ourselves, Qatz.

I watched the entire series "Roots" when it came out, and there wasn't a single scene dedicated to Africans tying their own arms behind their backs and jumping on cargo ships bound for America. Not one. These people were enslaved by businessmen looking to make money off the lack of freedom of other humans.

If you want to change the world, start with yourself.

I have already started with myself. The idea that we're all Spiderman and Superman - independent heroes - who can change our own environments with positive thinking and special religious beliefs, has been proven to be just more manipulation from the superior classes who are always looking for slaves.

You have forgotten the role of social hierarchy and disciplinary institutions in creating mass slavery. And also, you have forgotten the role of propaganda in pretending that everything is totally normal and healthy.

Perhaps the people who have enslaved us also own the means of media production?
True Self-doubt
QatzelOk wrote:I watched the entire series "Roots" when it came out, and there wasn't a single scene dedicated to Africans tying their own arms behind their backs and jumping on cargo ships bound for America. Not one. These people were enslaved by businessmen looking to make money off the lack of freedom of other humans.
AS if businessmen are somehow exempt from introspection. Business, being a slave to money, enslaves others for money. What creates a businessman? We must strike it at the source. There will be more unnecessary suffering if we fail to address the source. You mustn't dehumanize the businessman, the businessman wasn't born a businessman. Lastly, who or what taught us to hate one another?

I have already started with myself. The idea that we're all Spiderman and Superman - independent heroes - who can change our own environments with positive thinking and special religious beliefs, has been proven to be just more manipulation from the superior classes who are always looking for slaves.
No, no, we're not trying to be special, Qatz. We're simply trying to learn how to love ourselves and our neighbors.

You have forgotten the role of social hierarchy and disciplinary institutions in creating mass slavery. And also, you have forgotten the role of propaganda in pretending that everything is totally normal and healthy.
When did I say that everything is totally normal or healthy? You pay little attention to my words. Any social hierarchy or institution must be populated by people and ideas. Those people embrace ideas which lead us to collective enslavement. You act as if a billionaire is free and happy. Perhaps it's a billionaire's unhappiness that makes him project his misery onto others. This battle is internal, because inside is outside, Qatz.

Perhaps the people who have enslaved us also own the means of media production?
Yes, yes, I'm sure. The almighty magick-men manipulating us through a bluff. You must see through the 'poker face,' Qatz. See, I cut them off at the source, for I say that 'they' own nothing; their cards are not real, and their thoughts are fleeting impressions. Humanity will go extinct if humanity wishes to go extinct. I'm here for dialogue, not debate. I think you make very valid points. However, we spend so much time fighting over nuance, drawing arbitrary lines in the sand, we never start the healing process. Hence why chaos is stability for those that love death & destruction.

-One Love
RhetoricThug wrote:You mustn't dehumanize the businessman,

Your whole last post is basically this strawman. As if I said that businessmen weren't human. Or as if MY voice took away their humanity. No, the act of profiting from other humans took away a lot of their humanity, and my criticism of business behavior has nothing to do with whatever level of natural human empathy businessmen are able to maintain. If they have no useful level of empathy left, then this is a serious systemic problem. But that wasn't my point.**

**This is a common tactic of propaganda: to intentionally confuse criticism of a system with name-calling. ("Oh Karl, you're just bad-mouthing rich people with this manifesto because you're jealous!") There was no name-calling from me. My point is that I think it should be illegal for generations to indebt future generations. This kind of "governance" creates slavery and misery and... much worse.

the businessman wasn't born a businessman. Lastly, who or what taught us to hate one another?

We are trapped in a system that is based on scams and held together with duct tape and mafia violence. That's who teaches us our roles like "businessman" and "mercenary."
Last edited by QatzelOk on 25 Mar 2018 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
QatzelOk wrote:Your whole last post is basically this strawman. As if I said that businessmen weren't human. Or as if MY voice took away their humanity. No, the act of profiting from other humans took away a lot of their humanity, and my criticism of business behavior has nothing to do with whatever level of natural human empathy businessmen are able to maintain. If they have no useful level of empathy left, then this is a serious systemic problem. But that wasn't my point.**

**This is a common tactic of propaganda: to intentionally confuse criticism of a system with name-calling. ("Oh Karl, you're just bad-mouthing rich people with this manifesto because you're jealous!") There was no name-calling from me. I just think it should be illegal for generations to indebt future generations. This kind of "governance" creates slavery and misery and... much worse.

We are trapped in a system that is based on scams and held together with duct tape and mafia violence. That's who teaches us our roles like "businessman" and "mercenary."
Yes, Qatz, you're right I'm wrong. I see now, that is what you seek. Carry on, I agree with you wholeheartedly.
RhetoricThug wrote:Yes, Qatz, you're right I'm wrong. I see now, that is what you seek.

False.

"What I seek" is that I'm more precise than you are. Which isn't the same thing at all.

Imprecision can be worse than total ignorance. "We're all starving, so let's join hands and sing kumbaya" may be sort of precise (if we really are starving).

But the imprecise but pleasant-sounding conclusion "sing kumbaya" can lead to a disaster if it displaces a more precise, more food-providing solution.

Which is why precision is so important when dealing with major social problems like being limitlessly enslaved by the financial trickery of the oligarchical class.
QatzelOk wrote:False.

"What I seek" is that I'm more precise than you are. Which isn't the same thing at all.
Okay, you're more precise than I am. You win, I lose. It's very simply, isn't it :lol:
@RhetoricThug @QatzelOk

Did not a single slave find happiness in his enslavement? Did not a single slave refuse to allow the ‘establishment’ to dictate his happiness? We want to change the world when all we need is to change ourselves. Our need to change the world may be because we are not happy with ourselves.
One Degree wrote:Our need to change the world may be because we are not happy with ourselves.

More likely that our system has expired and some of us are more awared of this than others.

Being turned into debt-slaves by a scheming oligarchy class is not "the world." It's a corrupt system that currently exists in the world, and it is destroying it.

But I will not forget your "the banks are people too" cry for compassion, and that it was accompanies by some victim-blaming. Well-used tactics of reactionaries throughout history.
I think it goes without saying that I side with the banks here. Poor people deserve any and all misery available to them. Additionally, I firmly believe that the financier class knows what to do with the lives of lendees better than they do. Frankly, I'm sick of pretending that poor people deserve agency. God blesses the rich and in his divine wisdom he relegates the poor to misery. Yay!

It is the duty of every poor person to hand over their paycheck to their betters. It is also morally wrong to make advance payments on principal, as this unjustly takes money away from lenders. I will say this is one thing the UK does right: they allow payday lenders to charge upward of 2000% APR on short term loans. That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The absolute apex of human achievement. My dick could cut diamonds now.

I call upon everyone reading this post to take up arms and join me in the war on poverty. This is a fight we can win. Just pick up a gun, walk outside, and start firing. You know what a poor person looks like. It is your moral obligation to kill them.
QatzelOk wrote:More likely that our system has expired and some of us are more awared of this than others.

Being turned into debt-slaves by a scheming oligarchy class is not "the world." It's a corrupt system that currently exists in the world, and it is destroying it.

But I will not forget your "the banks are people too" cry for compassion, and that it was accompanies by some victim-blaming. Well-used tactics of reactionaries throughout history.

What banking system does not take advantage of the poor? The US system is criminal, but this does not mean we as individuals have no power. We can limit our use of the system. This requires sacrifice, but refusing to use a corrupt system is the best method of changing it. We demand change without sacrifice so the only change we get is cosmetic and meaningless. Only when individuals change, do you get real change. Quit complaining and tear up your credit cards. Ask your political candidates what they intend to do about it instead of asking them their sexual preferences. Why was this not a political issue? Why do you think your credit rating suffers if you don’t use the system? Individuals choosing not to use the system is a serious threat to their corruption. Change the individual and the system will change. Our societal systems are reflections of our individual willingness to be victims. We have forgotten individual responsibility. We have abdicated all responsibility to Washington. Giving all your power to ‘the king’ does not have a beneficial effect for the individual. This is where we went wrong. We destroyed local autonomy where our voice mattered. We chose.
We are unwilling to tear up our credit cards yet expect Washington to do something despite clear evidence both parties are criminally complicit in the corrupt system. Individuals must change and accept responsibility.
One Degree wrote:What banking system does not take advantage of the poor?

Islamic banking is typified by the non-charging of usurious interest. I do not know the real-world nature of specific banking systems in Islamic countries.

I did run across a blog post not so long ago (which I am aware some would dismiss as conspiratorial--I don't really do so quickly myself) which posited that there are now 3 Central Banks in the world not controlled by the Rothschild, those of: Iran, North Korea, and Cuba.

Islamic banking is a topic of study by mainstream academics, and is the first answer which comes to mind in response to your question. (The basis of course is the forbidding of usury under Sharia Law.)

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]