Nine Palestinian civilians shot by Israeli army. What is the point of killing civilia - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@skinster
I readily admit I could have a faulty view. I have never been there and I know how distorted my view could be without some first hand experience.
I base it purely on it seeming unlikely Israeli snipers would be shooting people for no reason. I could be wrong, but it is the only view I can reconcile with my limited knowledge.
Obviously, my comments as usual, were directed at supporting local autonomy and not due to any specific support of Israel. I admire Israel’s experiments with community, but have little other interest.
One Degree wrote:If a bunch of people are running at my house and I know their intent is to enter it, then none of them are innocents. I don’t understand what Israel needs to explain or why anyone thinks they deserve an explanation.
This is just part of the one world liberal mindset that even the right accepts because it has been so institutionalized.
It is only your opinion that Israel needs your agreement to their actions.

Well then no one in Israel can be viewed as an innocent has they have established their nation on the homes of Palestinians.

What do you suggest the people of the Gaga strip do? Just lie down and accept their faith? Stay caged up relying on aid?
One Degree wrote:I readily admit I could have a faulty view.

That's okay, the propaganda on this topic has been very one-sided for a long time, but things are starting to move in a different direction in the MSM, as you can see from some of the articles I posted in this thread.

I have never been there and I know how distorted my view could be without some first hand experience.

You don't need to be there to see murder for what it is. It's recorded, on film.

I base it purely on it seeming unlikely Israeli snipers would be shooting people for no reason.

The people who live in what is called Gaza, are Palestinians who were ethnically-cleansed from other areas of Palestine, and warehoused in this area, in the first few decades of Israel's creation (1948 onwards).

Gaza is where Israel tests its military weapons upon (marking weapons as 'field tested' helps sell them).

The people of Gaza have no human rights, citizenship for anywhere or freedom of movement. There are almost 2 million people living in Gaza, a modern-day concentration camp. Israeli snipers were shooting Palestinians in Gaza because they can: they're repeatedly offered impunity for their crimes against Palestinians.

Obviously, my comments as usual, were directed at supporting local autonomy and not due to any specific support of Israel.

If you support autonomy, you support Palestinians in their quest for freedom. They're currently militarily occupied and blockaded by Israel and have been for decades.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:@noir
What does that mean to the people imprisoned in the Gaza strip? What does that mean to people living in filth, trapped in a piece of land not big enough to sustain half their population.

They are imprisoned by Egypt. Israel doesn't owe to them anything. The Israeli Syrian and Israeli Lebanese borders are also closed. As were the Israeli Jordanian and Israeli Egyptian borders. This is the nature of war. The jihadists in Gaza want it both ways. They want to declare annihilation on Israel but also to walk free in Israel. This logic may make sense in self destructive EU.
Israel controls Gaza by land, air and sea. It's imposed a blockade on Gaza too, starving Palestinians who live there. Egypt controls one crossing out of Gaza - making the Egyptian leadership scum too - and Israel controls the rest. I don't know why you bother lying about stuff that's easily proven to be true.

Even American rightwingers have this figured out:
I don’t believe it is up to me to decide who is ‘right’. So your arguments, though appreciated, have no relevance to me.
My guess would be the rest of the world deciding which side is right is what prevents a settlement. Perhaps the solution could be worked out by telling both sides no one else has the right to decide except them.
Kind of like two kids are willing to fight when backed up by supporters, but they lose interest normally if no one is around to break the fight up. They quickly find reconciliation a better path or the more powerful wins.
I have no solution and neither can anyone else as long as both sides insist they are ‘right’.
One Degree wrote:I don’t believe it is up to me to decide who is ‘right’. So your arguments, though appreciated, have no relevance to me.
My guess would be the rest of the world deciding which side is right is what prevents a settlement. Perhaps the solution could be worked out by telling both sides no one else has the right to decide except them.
Kind of like two kids are willing to fight when backed up by supporters, but they lose interest normally if no one is around to break the fight up. They quickly find reconciliation a better path or the more powerful wins.
I have no solution and neither can anyone else as long as both sides insist they are ‘right’.

:roll:
Jeez, there's no teaching the willfully-ignorant. If you're not sure about things, instead of shitty guesswork, maybe read up about the situation like a normal person? You can start with articles in this thread.
skinster wrote::roll:
Jeez, there's no teaching the willfully-ignorant. If you're not sure about things, instead of shitty guesswork, maybe read up about the situation like a normal person? You can start with articles in this thread.

You are missing my point. If I were the most knowledgeable person on the conflict, I still would not believe I had the right to decide. Arguments are opinions. People have different opinions. My choosing one opinion does not make it ‘right’. Only those involved have a right to their opinions. No one else can decide their opinion is wrong because it is theirs, not yours.
Nobody said your opinion means anything, you seem to be a fan of it though. What I said was, you should try reading about an issue you feel desperate to comment on, because the guesswork you're providing is silly. It'd be one thing if you were asking questions, but it's not, it's just you thinking out loud, in text and boringly clueless form.

Back on topic:

So, if my neighbor and I disagree on what color the fence should be between us, we should get the opinions of people who will never see the fence? Only he and I must live with the decision. If the vote is 99% in my favor, that does not make him wrong. He and I need to agree on a color we both like or one of us will remain angry.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]