London's Mayor Declares Intense New 'Knife Control' Policies To Stop Epidemic Of Stabbings - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

One Degree wrote:Blacks committing more crimes has nothing to do with their culture? It is not their race but a subculture that is accidentally correlated with race due to people of the same race preferring to live together. By your reasoning, all poor people commit crimes. That is not true.
Their living in a large city where they can easily find others to use poverty as an excuse for crime is a factor, but poverty itself is not. Criminals are a minority in their own community, but it is a cultural acceptance of their crimes that create the problem. It is you telling them poverty is an excuse that enables them. It is telling them the police are the enemy that enables them. These are cultural issues that are only associated with race because they choose to live together.
You would get the same result if all the poor people in one area were catholic and you told them they were poor because they are catholic. You create a culture of resentment and then pretend racism is the problem.
Blacks don’t commit more crimes because they are Black. They do so because you tell them they are justified. This becomes part of their culture.

It is quite clear that you believe that all criminal matters can be attributed to either the term Black or Muslim or a combination thereof. But do try to make an effort instead of simply repeating your broken record and making yourself more obvious. Look at the bold carefully before you make any more off-topic nonsensical rants:

noemon wrote:Pretending that the rise in crime correlates with a rise in immigration is pure lying. Even these Afro-Caribbean groups have been in London for ages as my earlier post says so the recent rise in crime cannot be explained with a rise in their population.

This thread is not about the statistics of Black crime rates, it is about an exponential rise of stabbings in London, a rise that cannot be attributed to a rise of these populations relative to the general population. Are you following or do you require a drawing?

Second noone is justifying crime because of poverty, noone is saying that criminals should go free because they are poor, in fact noone is saying they should go free at all. I am guessing you like pulling that straw out the bag just because. And yes Suntzu, Black people in white urban cities not only share a skin colour but also impoverishment and discrimination.
noemon wrote:Why did you use this example and not a US school shooting?

Nobody is claiming that US school shootings are motivated by a poor economy.

noemon wrote:Are crimes by Muslims the only ones that register in your brain?

No. In the instant case, we have a crime by a machete-wielding black man. It's not clear if he was a Muslim or not. I assumed he wasn't.

noemon wrote:Different crimes have different motives, this one seems to be more about some crazy woman than anything else which has to do with money and available services for mental health as well.

We Americans find that French case more difficult to believe, since we have been told since birth that the French have healtcare for everyone, unlike us barbaric Americans.

noemon wrote:The fact that you are using this thread like noir and Albert to simply spread Islamophobia shows that you do not care at all about the stabbings and the crime, you only care about the Islamophobic and racist value of these news which makes your comments more than worthless.

I wrote the OP in effect mocking the so-called "elite" of Britain, who think that the absence of knife control laws is the problem.

Apparently, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the head of the Bank of England should be doing more to stop things like this: Member of first all-female Isis terror cell jailed for life for London attack plan. Oh wait. Forget I said that. Clearly, Brexit is the problem... or... is it global warming?

Albert wrote:London is an amazing city, so what there is stabbings happening, high crime happens allover major western cities now.

Some cultures like to get people to open up a bit more by using large knives. It's all about openness.

One Degree wrote:They objectively report the undeniable facts of Blacks committing crimes out of all proportion to their population.

What's fun for Americans like me is that now that they are ramping up the sorts of diversity we seen in the US, they are experiencing the same problems for which they used to call us "racists."

noemon wrote:Even these Afro-Caribbean groups have been in London for ages as my earlier post says so the recent rise in crime cannot be explained with a rise in their population.

It's interesting that since the Met stopped "racial profiling" and "stop and search," the crime rate has absolutely exploded. Obviously, this is just a strange coincidence. Clearly, Brexit is to blame.

One Degree wrote:It is you telling them poverty is an excuse that enables them.

Donald Trump doesn't commit crimes, because he's rich.

noemon wrote:And yes Suntzu, Black people in white urban cities not only share a skin colour but also impoverishment and discrimination.

Which apparently inspires them to carry knives.

London is fed up of knife crime, says weeping father of youth worker stabbed while chasing drug dealers

He looks white to me.
The jury were not shown these photos during the trial, nor were they informed the teenager had brandished a machete during a 2016 robbery, carried a lock knife in his sock and took a weapon to school when he was 12.
Smith and the juvenile, now 17, were both cleared of the murder of Mr Saidy. However, the youth was convicted of manslaughter, while Smith was convicted of wounding Mr Oluwafemi with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Judge Anne Molyneux admitted the pictures of the teenager “demonstrate an unhealthy fascination with knives”. She told Smith that “the court concluded that you do not pose a significant risk of serious threat”.

That's good. Samurai sword-wielding teenagers do not pose a significant risk of serious threat. The courts obviously have their priorities straight, jailing people like Tommy Robinson instead. Makes perfect sense. :roll:
So you choose to call me a racist despite my clearly demonstrating I thought race was a meaningless coincidence? You then say I am off topic and quote yourself showing race and culture are indeed the topic.
Okay, carry on. I have said what I wanted to say.
One Degree wrote:So you choose to call me a racist despite my clearly demonstrating I thought race was a meaningless coincidence? You then say I am off topic and quote yourself showing race and culture are indeed the topic.
Okay, carry on. I have said what I wanted to say.

It was evident that you would whine and cry when you were proven to be ranting off-topic nonsense. Of course you said what you wanted to say like always but you have made zero effort to even comprehend the topic. The topic is about the rise of stabbings in London. You came in here to screech Black people, others came in here to screech Muslims, however the lot of you have failed to make any argument that this rise in stabbings is due to a rise in these demographics which you consider guilty. Notice the bold. Now you will carry on whining and whining that it is inferred that you are racist but noone called you racist either.

blaqckjack21 wrote:Nobody is claiming that US school shootings are motivated by a poor economy.

Poor economy, poor social services, gun ownership are all of course reasons that lead to crime.

The rest of your childish nonsense confusing me with whatever you have either heard from others or invented in your own brain are cute but quite irrelevant. I support stop and search operations, the Muslim London Mayor supports them too and there is a significant relationship between austerity and the rise in crime not only in London and the UK but in Greece as well.

I wrote the OP in effect mocking the so-called "elite" of Britain, who think that the absence of knife control laws is the problem.

:lol: The "knife-control" measures Sadiq Khan announced is increased funding for police and increased stop and search operations. :lol: Of course not only you have misinterpreted Khan's measures but you have done so shamelessly while blaming him for allegedly reducing stop and search operations when he was the one who ordered the removal of the clause "with reasonable suspicion" granting extended powers to London's Police to stop and search even without reasonable suspicion. Of course I highly doubt the facts matter at all for you. All in all, it is quite evident that you are posting in bad faith.
That’s fine @noemon , but it appears to me you just used the ‘offtopic’ Option to avoid addressing my comments. I become a racist by default because my culture arguments are off topic?
One Degree wrote:That’s fine @noemon , but it appears to me you just used the ‘offtopic’ Option to avoid addressing my comments.

It appears to me that not only you are utterly incapable of comprehending basic matters such as being asked to prove that the rise in stabbings is down to a rise in these demographics which you consider guilty, which is a very reasonable request but that you will use this request to turn yourself into a victim is just golden. Screeching "it's the Black people's fault cause they be criminals" does not explain this rise in stabbings. This addresses your comment, you are the one who is not addressing this very reasonable request but instead opts to be whining.
noemon wrote:It appears to me that not only you are utterly incapable of comprehending basic matters such as being asked to prove that the rise in stabbings is down to a rise in these demographics which you consider guilty, which is a very reasonable request but that you will use this request to turn yourself into a victim is just golden.

I'm guessing you would probably deny it if the data were presented anyway. LAWLESS LONDON London stabbings 2018 – Latest knife crime statistics and attacks from High Street Kensington to Bermondsey

January 1 - Steve Frank Navarez-Jara, 20, Islington
January 3 - Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44, Redbridge
January 8 - Daniel Frederick, 34, died in Hackney
January 9 - Dami Odeyingbo, 18, stabbed in Bromley
January 11 - Harry Uzoka, 25, killed in Shepherd's Bush
January 28 - Yaya Mbye, 26, stabbed in Stoke Newington
January 29 - Juan Olmos Saca, 39, stabbed in Peckham
January 31 - Khader Saleh, 25, stabbed at Wormwood Scrubs prison
February 3 - Hassan Ozcan, 19, knifed in Barking
February 3 - Kwabena Nelson, a youth worker, died after being stabbed near his home in Tottenham
February 8 - Hannah Leonard, 55, stabbed in a flat in Camden
February 11 - Sabri Chibani, 19, stabbed in Streatham
February 13 - Saeeda Hussain, 54, was stabbed in Ilford
February 14 - Lord Promise Nkenda, 17, stabbed in Canning Town
February 18 - Lewis Blackman, 19, knifed in Kensington
February 19 - Rotimi Oshibanjo, 26, stabbed in Southall
February 20 - Sadiq Mohammed, 20, stabbed in Camden
February 20 - Abdikarim Hassan, 17, stabbed in Camden
February 25 - Michael Boyle, 44, stabbed in the chest
March 1 - Christopher Beaumont, 42, stabbed in Hammersmith
March 5 - Laura Figueira, 47, stabbed in Twickenham
March 5 - Kelva Smith, 20, knifed in Croydon
March 14 - Lyndon Davis, 18, stabbed in Chadwell Heath
March 16 - Naomi Hersi, 36, found with stab wounds at hotel near Heathrow Airport
March 17 - Russell Jones, 23, stabbed in Enfield
March 18 - Tyrone Silcot, 41, stabbed in Hackney
March 19 - Balbir Johal, 48, knifed in Southall
March 19 - A 41-year-old was stabbed to death in Waltham Forest
March 20 - Beniamin Pieknyi, 21, stabbed at Stratford shopping centre
March 26 - David Potter, 50, stabbed in Tooting
March 29 - Reece Tshoma, 23, stabbed in Plumstead
March 30 - Leyla Mtumwa, 36, found with stab wounds at a home in Haringey
April 1 - A 20-year-old was stabbed in Wandsworth
April 4 - A 38-year-old man was stabbed at a house in Lewisham
April 4 - Israel Ogunsola, 18, was stabbed to death in Hackney on 4 April. Police were alerted by a motorist and performed first aid but the teenager died at the scene
April 5 - Five teenagers and one man were stabbed in London within a space of 24 hours. One of the victims was aged 13 and left fighting for his life
April 9 - A man in his 70s was stabbed four times and robbed as he returned to his Harold Hill home after collecting his pension
April 12 - A woman in her 20s was arrested after stabbing a man in Isle of Dogs on April 12, 2018.
April 15 - A man named locally as Raul Nicolaie was knifed to death just before 6pm in Colindale, North London.
April 15 - Samantha Clarke, 38, was stabbed to death in Brixton, South West London, just after 6.30pm and police arrested a man in his 20s.
April 20 - Aaron Springett, 32, died after he was found collapsed in Morden, South West London, just before 1o.30pm. A 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder.
April 21 - A man, 20, was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park, north London, as a leading surgeon warned of a "summer of carnage" in the capital
May 17 - A man, 24, was stabbed to death in Crows Road, Barking at around 11.30pm.
May 20 - A man in his 20s stabbed in Mitcham, South London
May 21 - Marcel Campbell, 20, was stabbed to death just yards from Islington town hall in North London
May 30 - A man, believed to be in his 40s, was stabbed to death in Kensington, West London.
June 1 - A woman was found stabbed to death in Brent, North West London.
June 9 - Edmond Jonuzi, 35, was stabbed to death close to Turnpike Land Tube station in North London in what is believed to be a drugs related attack.

There is no racial profile here, but would you hazard a guess at some of them? Names like Christopher Beaumont or Michael Boyle sound reasonably British. However, you have lots of names like Leyla Mtumwa, Khader Saleh, Dami Odeyingbo, in large numbers--suggesting that racial minorities in the UK are disproportionately represented.
Is English not your first language blackjack21? Do you have comprehension issues?

you are utterly incapable of comprehending basic matters such as being asked to prove that the rise in stabbings is down to a rise in these demographics which you consider guilty, which is a very reasonable request

Show that the rise in stabbings is correlated to a rise in the demographics you are accusing. Is that Chinese or Greek to you?
noemon wrote:Show that the rise in stabbings is correlated to a rise in the demographics you are accusing. Is that Chinese or Greek to you?

I did not accuse a demographic. It is well known that crimes of this nature are committed between people who know or know of each other. The list of victims is clearly primarily of certain minority groups. It goes without saying that so are the perpetrators. Both the rise in these crimes and the increased presence of these social minorities are highly correlated.

The establishment has gone to great lengths to try to hide these facts from the masses. However, these types of problems have arisen consistently since capitalists domiciled in the UK have displaced global populations for exploitative purposes for at least the last 300 years now. This is not a new thing, and neither is gaslighting the effects of it.

You can also see an increase in so-called "hate crimes" that also correlate directly to the increase in racial diversity. They go hand in hand, and the government and the proponents of these policies already know that this is the case.

Rise in hate crime in England and Wales
Home Secretary Amber Rudd said there was "absolutely no place for hate crime in our society" and said the rise after 2017's terror attacks were "undoubtedly concerning".

And, of course, former Secretary Amber Rudd also clearly knows that there is not only a place for hate crime in the UK, but it is naturally expected to increase with an increase in racial diversity, just as it is naturally expected to increase virtually everywhere else on the planet that these policies are implemented. There is a reason the Balkans are known for constant strife, and other places with intersecting races, religions and ethnicities--e.g, the Levant, India, etc.

He "was quite adamant" that she report it, to organisation Tell MAMA.

And the psychological conditioning right down to the bare metal... :lol: The cynicism of these people never ceases to amaze me.
blackjack21 wrote:I did not accuse a demographic. It is well known that crimes of this nature are committed between people who know or know of each other. The list of victims is clearly primarily of certain minority groups. It goes without saying that so are the perpetrators. Both the rise in these crimes and the increased presence of these social minorities are highly correlated.

You are accusing minorities with weird sounding names by association for the rise in stabbings but you fail to show that the rise in stabbings corresponds to a rise in the demographics you are accusing. This should not be rocket science for you to comprehend.

The rest of your post is some indecipherable off-topic conspiracy theory about the establishment something. You fail to produce a coherent argument in order to sustain your anti-minority narrative, that is not the establishments fault but your own.
"The majority of violent inner-city crime is committed by black men, police figures suggest.

But the statistics also show that black men are twice as likely to be victims of such crimes.

Police hold black men responsible for more than two-thirds of shootings and more than half of robberies and street crimes in London, according to figures released by Scotland Yard.

The statistics released under Freedom of Information laws have provoked a debate about the racial make-up of violent crime in the capital.

The data, which provides the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against in London during 2009-10, looked at both violent and sexual offences.

It found that 67 per cent of those caught by police for gun crimes were black."

From 2010.
noemon wrote:You are accusing minorities with weird sounding names by association for the rise in stabbings but you fail to show that the rise in stabbings corresponds to a rise in the demographics you are accusing.

It's pretty obvious for anyone to see. It's also obvious pretty much everywhere else in Western Europe. Trying to make pedantic arguments to the contrary isn't going to change the political dynamic for you, nor the issues surrounding violent crime.

Ethnic minorities 'will make up one third of the population by 2050' as Britain's melting pot continues to grow

Biggest increase in a single ethnicity is Black African. The population has doubled since 2001. What else has increased at similar rates?
Violent inner-city crime, the figures, and a question of race

The data provide a breakdown of the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against for a range of violent and sexual offences in London in 2009-10.

They show that among those proceeded against for street crimes, 54 per cent were black; for robbery, 59 per cent; and for gun crimes, 67 per cent. Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property.

Just over 12 per cent of London’s 7.5 million population is black, including those of mixed black and white parentage, while 69 per cent is white, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The police figures also show that black men are twice as likely to be victims. They made up 29 per cent of the male victims of gun crime and 24 per cent of the male victims of knife crime.

The Met declined to comment on the statistics. However, some officers will see them as a justification for Operation Trident, a unit targeting black-on-black murder and violent crime.

As I've said before, it is the same the world over. It's the same in Detroit, Brazzaville, London, Mogadishu, etc. You can deny it all you want. It will not change the situation on the ground. Europe can no longer simply claim that it doesn't have these problems, because they have such a great socialist infrastructure and the US wouldn't have these problems if they just adopted Europen social welfare models. You are starting to see US like racial diversity and now you are facing the same criminal problems we have. Did Europeans suddenly become as racist as Americans, or could there be something else that is the source of these problems?

On sex offences, black men made up 32 per cent of male suspects proceeded against, and white men 49 per cent.

Anybody want to population weight that for us?

The statistics also suggest that black women are responsible for a disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by females.

Isn't that interesting? All I can say is, "I told you so."

Richard Garside, of the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies at King’s College London, said: “Given Britain’s long history of racism and imperialism it should not greatly surprise us that black and minority ethnic groups are disproportionately members of social classes that have tended to experience greater victimisation and to be the subject of police attention.

Here we have the typical claptrap. The UK is racist, and people want to come to the UK to be a racial minority in a racist state. Really? They commit violent crimes against each other, because white people make them do it? At some point, people have to just face the facts that government, media, academia and NGOs are straight up lying to them.

The comments led to claims that Mr Liddle was racist, However, Mr Liddle said: “I cannot think of anything more vile than racism. The issue here is not racism, it is one of multiculturalism.”

I can think of something more vile than racism: multiculturalism. Balkanizing the entire world is going to lead to permanent civil strife everywhere.

noemon wrote:The rest of your post is some indecipherable off-topic conspiracy theory about the establishment something.

I am the OP, and I clearly indicated that multiculturalism was the significant problem in the OP--a post that you decided to edit yourself because you found my chosen title to be too partisan for your tastes, in case you've forgotten. I expressly chose a title along the lines of, "Just when you thought the establishment couldn't get any crazier...the Mayor of London proposes knife control." Here's the OP to refresh your memory.

me wrote:I had to do a double take. I almost laughed, before I felt a bit of nausea. Yet, there it is. We were joking about this not more than a few weeks ago with Godstud now famously arguing that knife control wasn't necessary only to have London surpass New York in murders do to the "proliferation" of knives.

London's Mayor Declares Intense New 'Knife Control' Policies To Stop Epidemic Of Stabbings

Strangely enough, Khan is responsible to decreasing the number of stop-and-searches, having previously declared the tactic racist and potentially Islamophobic. It's also not clear what local Londoners will now use to cut their food.

Multiculturalism has finally jumped the shark with the conviction of Count Dankula and now knife control. The UK is a complete fucking basket case.

I find it mind-boggling that anyone can seriously be for multiculturalism at this juncture.

What do you folks think? Is knife control a good idea? Should we have a knife ban? Should you have to be over 18 to buy a knife? Should we do background checks on people buying knives?

Please don't respond that such questions are stupid. I was mocking about knife control only a few weeks ago, and now it has come to pass.

Noemon Edit: Title Thread Changed to OP's quoted article.

You assured me that you had not changed the topic, but only the title--which clearly was a direct criticism of the establishment and their mental capacity as well.

noemon wrote:You fail to produce a coherent argument in order to sustain your anti-minority narrative, that is not the establishments fault but your own.

I wasn't criticizing minorities per se, but rather multiculturalism by design. The US has these problems due to the after effects of slavery. Europe has it by deliberate design, and in my opinion because of a dangerous delusion on the part of the governing class. The neo-liberal establishment wants a multicultural world to exploit cheap labor, but hopes to blunt the negative effects of balkanizing neo-liberal metropolis populations with multicultural "tolerance" propaganda. It is not working. The UK is becoming a "shithole" country as Trump might put it.

It is a problem in Greece too, including but not limited to nativist backlash--all of which is easily predictable. Greece hit by growing racist violence against refugees, report finds
Neo-Nazis attack Afghan Community in Greece's office in Athens
That's not a hard one to predict either. There's only been violence between Muslims and Christians for about, oh... a little over a thousand years now... I can see why that might escape some people's attention. :eh:
blackjack21 wrote:It's pretty obvious for anyone to see. It's also obvious pretty much everywhere else in Western Europe. Trying to make pedantic arguments to the contrary isn't going to change the political dynamic for you, nor the issues surrounding violent crime.

It is not obvious at all but congratulations for finally posting some data after my nth request. Now we can at least proceed to a more coherent argument.

Biggest increase in a single ethnicity is Black African. The population has doubled since 2001. What else has increased at similar rates? Violent inner-city crime, the figures, and a question of race

This is a graph that I posted earlier:

It does not correlate to your demographic argument at all as you shall realise further down the post, but it does however follow the pattern of austerity during the same time period and it also follows the pattern of stop & search operations during the same time period.

I wasn't criticizing minorities per se, but rather multiculturalism by design. The US has these problems due to the after effects of slavery. Europe has it by deliberate design, and in my opinion because of a dangerous delusion on the part of the governing class.

You seem to be ignoring and neglecting the fact that London has been multi-cultural for centuries and that Black people did not show up in London the past decade, their increase is not that great(negative actually) relative to the population at large. For example the picture your daily fail graph paints is a false picture:

In the 2011 census in London, 7 per cent of the population is Black African, and 4.2 percent is Caribbean which makes for a total of 11.2% while in 2001 that percentage in London was African residents (8%) & Black Caribbean (7%) which makes for an aggregate total of 15% which means that the number of Black people in London has actually dropped from 15% in 2001 to 11.2% in 2011.

It is a problem in Greece too, including but not limited to nativist backlash--all of which is easily predictable.

You are absolutely deluded if you think the rise in crime in Greece is about the scuffles between the Golden Dawn and immigrants. That is comical. Robberies, murders and suicides have risen exponentially because of austerity and people going poor, losing their businesses and houses in foreclosures and consequently turning into crime or suicide.

blackjack21 wrote:I am the OP, and I clearly indicated that multiculturalism was the significant problem in the OP--a post that you decided to edit yourself because you found my chosen title to be too partisan for your tastes, in case you've forgotten. I expressly chose a title along the lines of, "Just when you thought the establishment couldn't get any crazier...the Mayor of London proposes knife control." Here's the OP to refresh your memory.

This is just golden, for some reason you believe that the news should be interpreted with the same shamelessness that you have concocted in your brain. Not only you posted an article and changed the title to even more partisan than the title of the source you have used which is already incredibly so, but you have failed to examine your source and the related news of the same time period to realise that your source is actually being faux outraged because a Muslim London Mayor has done the exact opposite of what the both of you accuse him of, instead of reducing stop and search operations in order to allegedly protect minorities as you claimed he has actually increased these operations, that is his "knife-control measures" is not about taking knives away from chefs as you have fantasised in the imaginarium, it is not about the establishment throwing mud in your eyes but about a Mayor trying to tackle an issue he recognises with whatever policy is immediately available to him as any other rational person would do. The title change was the same title of your own source in your OP, a source that is already as partisan as it gets and the change has not changed its intended meaning or message. For your information this topic of the increase in stabbings in London is an actual topic that merits proper conversation and not merely a vehicle of propaganda against the London Mayor with fake news.
noemon wrote:It does not correlate to your demographic argument at all as you shall realise further down the post, but it does however follow the pattern of austerity during the same time period and it also follows the pattern of stop & search operations during the same time period.

Well, it goes without saying that if law enforcement remains passive, crime will pay off and is likely to increase. However, I find it odd to think crime is directly correlated to a lack of government spending, or somehow correlated to increases in spending on climate change or international development.

noemon wrote:In the 2011 census in London, 7 per cent of the population is Black African, and 4.2 percent is Caribbean which makes for a total of 11.2% while in 2001 that percentage in London was African residents (8%) & Black Caribbean (7%) which makes for an aggregate total of 15% which means that the number of Black people in London has actually dropped from 15% in 2001 to 11.2% in 2011.

It's likely that you have a similar sorting out as in the United States. Low-IQ blacks remain clustered in inner city ghettos. In the case of London, what else changed? Perhaps the UK's black population doesn't like the increase in Muslims.

noemon wrote:Robberies, murders and suicides have risen exponentially because of austerity and people going poor, losing their businesses and houses in foreclosures and consequently turning into crime or suicide.

Well, I'm not going to discount many of the problems as arising from the being part of the Eurozone, but the Greek people have chosen this path--even somewhat dishonestly finagled their way into the Euro to get the dosh while the getting was good. Now that they have to repay in real money, rather than hyperinflation, they aren't too happy. That's understandable. However,

Fist fights and locals sprayed with tear gas in Greece as refugee arrivals from Turkey DOUBLE to 1,000 in one week
Some of that is directly attributable to immigrants. Additionally, people who are financially in a precarious predicament are enraged at politicians who will go out of their way to help foreign refugee populations who aren't particularly welcome by the locals while the politicians do little for the people in their own country. In the United States, @drlee refers to them as the fiddle and banjo crowd.

noemon wrote:Not only you posted an article and changed the title to even more partisan than the title of the source you have used which is already incredibly so, but you have failed to examine your source and the related news of the same time period to realise that your source is actually being faux outraged because a Muslim London Mayor has done the exact opposite of what the both of you accuse him of, instead of reducing stop and search operations in order to allegedly protect minorities as you claimed he has actually increased these operations, that is his "knife-control measures" is not about taking knives away from chefs as you have fantasised in the imaginarium, it is not about the establishment throwing mud in your eyes but about a Mayor trying to tackle an issue he recognises with whatever policy is immediately available to him as any other rational person would do.

My title was not intended to reflect the article's opinion, but my own opinion. You, in effect, made it appear that I agreed with the article or the mayor of London when clearly I found the whole thing laughable.

Social media may not help but it is not the root cause of knife crime
Judge calls for kitchen knives to be blunted amid crime wave
Those of us who oppose gun control find this sort of thing laughably funny.

A judge has called for 10-inch kitchen knives to be blunted amid the increase in knife crime.

Judge Nic Madge has suggested introducing a scheme whereby members of the public could get their kitchen knives modified.

They would be taken to centres where they would be grounded down to have round ends.

Yeah. Get rid of the pointy bit. That will stop crime in its tracks. :roll:

Apparently, this sentiment isn't as novel as it seems either.
Doctors' kitchen knives ban call
The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

stringtheory wrote:The ban of sharp knives with sharp points today - next likely ban with be sharp English wit if the point is unacceptable

See Count Dankula and Tommy Robinson...
blackjack21 wrote:Well, it goes without saying that if law enforcement remains passive, crime will pay off and is likely to increase. However, I find it odd to think crime is directly correlated to a lack of government spending, or somehow correlated to increases in spending on climate change or international development.

Silly straws are quite ridiculous. Nor is it mentioned or implied that it correlates with any of that, but it does correlate with austerity 'Communities and Local Government(see benefits, housing, et al)' over 50% reduction & 'Work and Pensions'.

It's likely that you have a similar sorting out as in the United States. Low-IQ blacks remain clustered in inner city ghettos. In the case of London, what else changed? Perhaps the UK's black population doesn't like the increase in Muslims.

It's not the Black people must be the Mussulmen :lol: It's them 2 people but certainly not money, of course it is never about the money.

Well, I'm not going to discount many of the problems as arising from the being part of the Eurozone, but the Greek people have chosen this path--even somewhat dishonestly finagled their way into the Euro to get the dosh while the getting was good. Now that they have to repay in real money, rather than hyperinflation, they aren't too happy. That's understandable.

Everytime someone has his argument ridiculed, he/she starts posting non-sense about Greece and Greeks, it is also understandable from my part but it's quite puny.

However, Fist fights and locals sprayed with tear gas in Greece as refugee arrivals from Turkey DOUBLE to 1,000 in one week
Some of that is directly attributable to immigrants. Additionally, people who are financially in a precarious predicament are enraged at politicians who will go out of their way to help foreign refugee populations who aren't particularly welcome by the locals while the politicians do little for the people in their own country.

Once again if you believe the rise in suicide, crime, theft and robbery is because of these immigrants instead of people having lost their jobs, businesses and houses in foreclosures then clearly we cannot discuss in such a bad faith.

My title was not intended to reflect the article's opinion, but my own opinion. You, in effect, made it appear that I agreed with the article or the mayor of London when clearly I found the whole thing laughable.

Changing the title to the title of the article that you have quoted on the OP implies no such thing on your part and your OP is untouched as well. Even this title from your article as well as the article you quoted in the OP are in fact false & misleading. London Mayor's measures is about increased police funding, increased stop and search operations and removing the clause of "probable cause" to make it easier for police to stop and search people, not about preventing chefs from buying kitchen knives as you, your title and your article attempt to propagate.

I can see that your only argument is crying for being an alleged victim. It's boring. :coffee: And your complaint is about being unable to be a fully-fledged victim whose "knives are about to be taken away" and then how will you butter the bread? I feel you but the knife-crime plaguing London is not about your feelings or about your fake outrage.

Those of us who oppose gun control find this sort of thing laughably funny.

But that is not the London Mayor's policies that you have supposedly brought over here for discussion.

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]