Donald Trump's Korea triumph should earn him the Nobel Peace Prize - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Don't make baseless assumptions...

Why did Iran stop harassing US Navy ships?
But Rear Adm. Ali Ozamei, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, told an Iranian news agency this week that it is the American behavior that has changed, Reuters reported.

“They pay more attention to international regulations and avoid approaching Iran’s territorial waters,” Ozmaei was quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... avy-ships/
From the same article that Godstud posted but of which he quoted only the Iranian quote:

“I hope it’s because we have messaged our readiness…and that it isn’t tolerable or how professional militaries operate,” said Army Gen. Joseph Votel, commander of U.S. Central Command, according to the report.

@Godstud are you an Iranophile also now ? I get it that you are not a supporter of President Trump, but siding with all the enemies of America is quite an exaggerated reaction.
It has in particular been the South Koreans who were spurred into action. However, this is representative of broader shifts, including the prior assention of Moon on a pro-unification platform. This following the independent crashing and burning of the previous scandal-ridden rightwing regime in South Korea.

I think Chinese broad ongoing efforts of regional development and integration might be a not insignificant background variable. Kim Jong Eun is also probably more inclined to international opening than his predecessors. This is in part due to his background, having been educated in Switzerland and I presume multilingual. It is perhaps in part generational as well. So conditions are sort of ripe.
@Ter everyone who isn't an American is, technically, an enemy of America. Trump's made that abundantly clear. I'm sorry you see America as some sort of benevolent empire, spreading cookies and milk to everyone in the world. Iran was doing fine until American came along and fucked with them in 1979.
Godstud wrote: Iran was doing fine until American came along and fucked with them in 1979.

It was in 1953 that Mossadegh was overthrown by the CIA and the British.
In 1979 the Ayatollah Khomeini returned from exile in France.
The problem with Iran is that they want to become a regional superpower.
Iran is the arch enemy not only of Israel but also of Saudi Arabia and all countries in the Sunni corner. Iran sponsors a number of terrorist organisations including Hezbollah and Hamas.
I believe it is inevitable that sooner or later a real war breaks out between America and Israel against Iran. It might be sooner than later.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]