Why Propaganda? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Patrickov
This question is inspired by @noir, but also by the politicians in my locality.

AFAIK propaganda is intended for rallying people to your cause. But nowadays I have seen too many ineffectual propaganda pieces.

They mainly fall into two problems:
1. The content of propaganda is opposite to what people believe, or far below their intelligence. These propaganda are usually panned by all.
2. The propaganda itself matches what most of us believe, or sometimes even factual enough that it should be effective, but the problem is there is either no solution suggested, or no one involved has the will and / or power to overthrow whatever the propaganda wants its audience to overthrow.

Now, my question is: Why do some people keep spewing out propaganda that fall into either of the two traps?

IMHO spewing such ineffectual propaganda is a waste of time (or, in the case of type 1, EVIL) and one should consider silencing the propagandist in concern if necessary.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]