Should "Incels" be Deprived of Jobs? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Recently, former Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tweeted that "incels" who work in Silicon Valley companies should be fired, or maybe just re-educated, it wasn't completely clear.

For those who don't know, "Incel" is apparently a portmanteau of "involuntary celibate." It's a disparaging term for men who can't get laid and apparently, far left groups have a problem with these people.

Since this is PoFo and the communists on here usually don't want to endorse more mainstream far leftism, I'll point out that Incels and MRO's are not strictly the same thing. Although there is probably some overlap, we can assume that when someone like Pao uses the term Incel she is also aware of MRO's and has chosen to use the term Incel for a reason, so she is not necessarily referring to Men's Right's Organizations.

I can see a few problems off the top of my head with this whole targeting Incels thing and I'm curious what other people would think of this.

First, I think it says something about how sex-obsessed leftist culture is. There seems to be a presumption that if someone can't get laid, they should be de-humanized and/or have their livelihoods attacked. I think that's probably wrong.

Second, a lot of the women who rant against men who are "Incels" would presumably be Incels themselves if they were males. It's just not a very classy thing to do, these are not the kinds of men that more attractive women appear to spend their time thinking about.

Third, it seems to be associated with a general increase in hostile far left rhetoric which (as I mentioned earlier) a lot of people who exist outside of those bubbles seem to have trouble coping with, accepting or owning, even if they routinely side with the far left.

Fourth, this seems like a logical extension of leftist misandry to me. If only Rei were still here, I'm sure we'd get a great explanation re: why Incels need to be exterminated :excited:

Let's hope that Pao actually explains herself honestly at some point since this is getting reported quite widely due to the various questions it raises.
Seems pretty straight forward. Having sex with anyone and anything is encouraged therefore not having sex has to be an abomination. I find the whole thing hilarious. It is all a ‘Hollywood lifestyle’ demanding it be mainstream so they don’t need to feel guilty about their perversions.
Saeko wrote:Ellen Pao is attacking people's sexuality. This is unacceptable, but then again, she always was a cunt.

I've noticed Saeko, if the conversation is markedly sexual, one can count on you to make an appearance....

Is there some reason for this? Something you are trying to tell us? :excited:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I've noticed Saeko, if the conversation is markedly sexual, one can count on you to make an appearance....

Is there some reason for this? Something you are trying to tell us? :excited:

I have a lot of experience in this field.
@Saeko

I can compensate for this.

My balls are, rest assured, GARGANTUAN. My balls, ever since I was a child, have been spontaneously expanding every day. Eventually, my balls will swallow up the entirety of the Earth and then pubes will rule all! #PubicNationalism
Hong Wu would save himself (and us) much grief if he did some research before launching on stream-of-consciousness splurges. For instance, he would know that 'incel' is how they describe themselves, and not some leftist conspiracy to attack all men who can't get laid. It is the incels themselves, and not the left, who are so 'sex-obsessed' that they define themselves as individuals and as a community in accordance with their inability to get sex.

The probable reason Pao has recommended their removal from work is because: 1) the killer in Toronto and Elliot Rogers, two noted mass murderers, both identified themselves as 'incels' (indeed, it was a core part of the latter's justification for his actions: he has also been glorified by the incels); 2) the incel community is well known for its advocacy of violence and hostility not only towards women but also sexually active men. Their Reddit was closed for this reason.
I frankly do not understand those incels for whom the mating game did not turn out well.
If the only choice you have is an ugly, old, fat woman or no woman, then it is time to have a look at South East Asia where there are young, slim, sexually very attractive, kind and loyal women waiting for you.
It is a question of leaving the rat race, play by your own rules.
That is all I am going to say about it.
Ter wrote:If the only choice you have is an ugly, old, fat woman or no woman, then it is time to have a look at South East Asia where there are young, slim, sexually very attractive, kind and loyal women waiting for you.

Just be sure to check the goods before committing
Saeko wrote:I have a lot of experience in this field.
Saekochka please leave that vulgar life. You are like precious flower that is being dirtied by pigs. Do not forget that you too have a responsibility for you with vulgarity also corrupt men as well.
Kirillov wrote:For instance, he would know that 'incel' is how they describe themselves, and not some leftist conspiracy to attack all men who can't get laid. It is the incels themselves, and not the left, who are so 'sex-obsessed' that they define themselves as individuals and as a community in accordance with their inability to get sex.

The probable reason Pao has recommended their removal from work is because: 1) the killer in Toronto and Elliot Rogers, two noted mass murderers, both identified themselves as 'incels' (indeed, it was a core part of the latter's justification for his actions: he has also been glorified by the incels); 2) the incel community is well known for its advocacy of violence and hostility not only towards women but also sexually active men. Their Reddit was closed for this reason.

This is interesting and I might have benefited from researching it a bit more. Even so, do you think it might be legitimizing to refer to "Incels" by this label they apparently have chosen for themselves? It seems to me that this is the sort of thing people should label as "crazy", to play along and call them Incels is probably a mistake.
Albert wrote:Saekochka please leave that vulgar life. You are like precious flower that is being dirtied by pigs. Do not forget that you too have a responsibility for you with vulgarity also corrupt men as well.

What vulgar life?
Hong Wu wrote:This is interesting and I might have benefited from researching it a bit more. Even so, do you think it might be legitimizing to refer to "Incels" by this label they apparently have chosen for themselves? It seems to me that this is the sort of thing people should label as "crazy", to play along and call them Incels is probably a mistake.

Unfortunately, no. Referring to any ideology or set of ideas just as 'crazy' is to dismiss them out of hand as mental illness and thus make no attempt to understand the phenomena in question. Understanding is necessary if harmful ideas are to be fully demolished and defused.

For these men (and it is a community overwhelmingly made up of men), when they ask the question 'why can't I get laid?', they turn to a host of external reasons, largely because they feel entitled to sex and women's bodies (a notorious demand of the incel community is that the government should provide all men with girlfriends, for example): if they are not getting what they are entitled to, then there must be some entity or complex preventing them (women in general, feminism, sexually permissive society, etc.).

This line of thinking is a psychological salve. It saves them from the more reasonable answer to the initial question: 'I can't get laid because of me'. This would require introspection, a willingness to change, self improvement (improving hygiene, working on confidence, getting a better job, getting some hobbies, etc.). It would entail work. Blaming feminism, on the other hand, requires only raging against the machine on an internet forum.

What vulgar life?

You've made the mistake of having sex, a definite blot in your copybook in Albert's opinion.
I wonder though, is there really a solution for this kind of "Incels" thing or is it just a fact of life that should be largely accepted and which doesn't merit much discussion? If you make it into Incels vs. Feminists, aren't you just pouring fuel on a fire that can't be put out?

As such, what should be done about "Incels" in Silicon Valley?

Do we start a eugenics program next? This is dangerous territory to delve into, especially in an antagonistic way.

I can imagine the re-education get aways for men marked as Incels. "It's 100% your fault, women, society and feminism are not to blame at all for your unique and subjective personal situation and so you will be marked as a beta for the rest of your life."

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]