Should "Incels" be Deprived of Jobs? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Hong Wu wrote:I wonder though, is there really a solution for this kind of "Incels" thing or is it just a fact of life that should be largely accepted and which doesn't merit much discussion?

If their members are going around committing mass murder and promoting violence, then yes, it should be discussed and no, it shouldn't be accepted. A fair few of these people will grow out of it in time, of course (many are very young).

If you make it into Incels vs. Feminists, aren't you just pouring fuel on a fire that can't be put out?

It is they who start out with the basic premise of incel versus feminism.

As such, what should be done about "Incels" in Silicon Valley?

Submit the issue to human resources and let them deal with it in accordance with company policy. Some may be fired because, for a bizarre reason, businesses do not want their name attached to violent groups. Just like you would probably be fired for turning up to work in a Nazi uniform, goose stepping around the office and shouting 'Sieg Heil!'.

Do we start a eugenics program next? This is dangerous territory to delve into, especially in an antagonistic way.

Where did this come from? No-one has suggested that 'incelism' is a genetic disorder that can be rooted out through eugenics.

I can imagine the re-education get aways for men marked as Incels. "It's 100% your fault, women, society and feminism are not to blame at all for your unique and subjective personal situation and so you will be marked as a beta for the rest of your life."

Well, any counselling for these individuals, were it to be offered, would not include the word 'beta', since the alpha-beta hierarchy is pseudo-scientific babble: it is founded on a study about wolf packs which the author subsequently disowned because the wolves he studied were in captivity. In the wild, the 'alpha' is just the head of the family unit.

But yes, I am sure it would be a valuable step forward for many of these people to make positive changes in their lives that will turn them into more viable partners rather than angrily ranting on the internet against vague, amorphous conspiracies. And of course you are exaggerating my point: very few people are 100% to blame for their problems. Family issues and physical/mental health problems might be reasons for 'involuntary celibacy'. In which case, I am sure counselling and therapy can help these people understand, treat, and overcome their issues.
Well, I think you've failed to understand what's going on here. Even if they identify as "Incels" men near the bottom of the mating hierarchy because of defects can't really be a group and they certainly aren't a mass-murdering ideology. To wit, if you think that they are and that mass murder can be handled by HR, wow.

People's purely social frustrations that stem from their inherent nature aren't political movements, whether they are men, women, soyboys, gays or whatever.
It seems it's the other way around since generally, feminists include men (and children) in feminism.

And as Kirillov pointed out, these so-called "incels" are so called by their own choosing.

I think life would improve drastically for them if they didn't believe they were entitled to womens' bodies.
Does anyone else think it is odd how the right are constantly trying to rebrand homosexuality these days? I guess they feel conflicted about something. Maybe Agent Steel could explain it to us?
It's kind of funny just how quickly this thread became off topic.
The thread is about celibacy,not sex activity.

There is nothing wrong in celibacy,it's just another expression of nihilism in all of it's forms,but depriving oneself of the joy's of sex is a punishment not to be endured IMHO.

On topic, I am not sure that 'celibacy' creates any advantage as a career route,as the Harvey WEINSTEIN case would appear to illustrate,for example.
Saeko is non of that! >:

She is a damsel waiting for her husband to come along who will sweep her off her feet, like a ripe beautiful flower ready for the picking. For then after she will know happiness to no end to days of end.
Well I don't mind admitting that I'm a Double virgin, I've come tantalisingly close a few times, but I've never gone "all the way" with two women in the same bed on the same night. Am I bitter and resentful towards men that have achieved the Double? You bet I am. And this is why I'll have no truck with feminist guilt. The simple fact is that Prince Charles could easily have had a full threesome if he wanted, he may well have done so. Women constantly reward men for being patriarchal, whether its royalty, riches, athleticism, political power or rock stardom. Women choose the likes of OJ Simpson, Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby.

So I have no problem understanding Incel rage. On the other hand although I don't buy feminist guilt, I do feel bad about my own discrimination. I wish I found all women beautiful, but I don't. I really hate rejecting women and strenuously try and avoid situations where I might have to reject a woman. If i have to I try to do it obliquely as possible.
For those who don't know, "Incel" is apparently a portmanteau of "involuntary celibate." It's a disparaging term for men who can't get laid and apparently, far left groups have a problem with these people.

I was actually talking about this issue with my ex-girlfriend and she says she has no sympathy for these "incels". I think the actual problem is the lack of sympathy for this generation of men who are completely lost.
danholo wrote:I was actually talking about this issue with my ex-girlfriend and she says she has no sympathy for these "incels". I think the actual problem is the lack of sympathy for this generation of men who are completely lost.

People might have more sympathy for them if they would stop the constant self-pitying whining. Just a thought.
Kirillov wrote:For these men (and it is a community overwhelmingly made up of men), when they ask the question 'why can't I get laid?', they turn to a host of external reasons, largely because they feel entitled to sex and women's bodies (a notorious demand of the incel community is that the government should provide all men with girlfriends, for example): if they are not getting what they are entitled to, then there must be some entity or complex preventing them (women in general, feminism, sexually permissive society, etc.).

Seriously? What the hell?!

Potemkin wrote:People might have more sympathy for them if they would stop the constant self-pitying whining. Just a thought.

I just realized I know nothing about these people. Yet, I understand some frustrations. I have huge mommy issues which affect my relationship with women. Yet what kind of mommy issues do these incels have? Holy... Then again, I get involuntarily and voluntarily laid so.
Ter wrote:I frankly do not understand those incels for whom the mating game did not turn out well.
If the only choice you have is an ugly, old, fat woman or no woman, then it is time to have a look at South East Asia where there are young, slim, sexually very attractive, kind and loyal women waiting for you.
It is a question of leaving the rat race, play by your own rules.
That is all I am going to say about it.

I have to admit that if I would have to resort to this I'd think very low of myself.

Besides, I am not sure whether having sex there is safe.
@Patrickov said...

Besides, I am not sure whether having sex there is safe.

I think this might be a reason for their problem. I can’t imagine a babyboomer incel. I knew a dozen women who would have sex with anyone anytime. Most of them very attractive.
@danholo

I can fix that with you if you want. I can close my eyes if you think you're ugly.

What is with alt-righters and hitting on Saeko? It was the same with Rei I think. While I was reading Rei's posts to understand what the hell is the Third Position, I came across the faithful thread where loads of posters tried to encourage Rei to get a kid despite the fact that she's lesbian. I'm not judging, it's just really weird.

@One Degree

If you lower your standards, anything can have sex with you.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]