North Korea says it may withdraw from the talks... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Diplomacy is the ONLY way this situation is going to be resolved without people dying.

Have you considered the possibility that Trump and his fellow wealthy backers do not actually believe in or want a diplomatic solution? That it's just another tool at this point that is being used?

Trump doesn't know what the word means, and works in contradiction to his diplomats and people trying to work a peaceful resolution to ANYTHING.

Maybe he and the other powers-that-be have decided that War is indeed the answer to their problem.

Trump is a fucking "FOOL". I cannot emphasize this enough! He cannot keep his mouth shut, and has no filter. He's a doddering old dotard, just as KJU stated.

I'm sorry, I really am, but he's not a fool. But he operates on a level that most people have little inkling of. I don't want war, but I knew when Trump first threw his hat in the ring that he would be elected President, and also that he would be a war President. I don't want to be right, but I believe that I am.
War is never an answer to a problem. DPRK, realistically, is not a threat to its neighbours. War-monger fucks just want a war so they can send their kids somewhere overseas to die in the name of "Democracy", "Honour", or some other idiotic ideal.

Yayyy!!! Send Trump's dipshit kids first. No wait... they probably have bonespurs. Bonespurs are hereditary amongst COWARDS.
War is never an answer to a problem.

War ended the Third Reich.

DPRK, realistically, is not a threat to its neighbours.

Debatable, but it is being propped up as such.

War-monger fucks just want a war so they can send their kids somewhere overseas to die in the name of "Democracy", "Honour", or some other idiotic ideal.

Not their kids, and for Money. Only Money.

Yayyy!!! Send Trump's dipshit kids first. No wait... they probably have bonespurs. Bonespurs are hereditary amongst COWARDS.

Nothing new there; ''A Rich man's war and a poor man's fight...''
Godstud wrote:Correction, there are times when war is justified. This is not such a time.

There has not been a war that has been morally justifiable, since WW2.

Well buddy, we are in actual agreement, diplomacy works after all, where there is good will with both parties :)

Yes, the Great Patriotic War was probably the last justified one. But if elimination without regard to morality is the goal, we can ask Carthage, etc...
It seems that NK is doing their bit. Now it's time for Trump to reciprocate...

Video of destruction of NK nuclear testing site...

Edit
Trump says "very productive talks" have been held with North Korea on reinstating the summit with leader Kim Jong-un.
Mr Trump said the meeting could still take place on 12 June in Singapore "and if necessary will be extended beyond that date".
He cancelled the summit on Thursday, blaming the North's "open hostility".
But North Korea later appeared conciliatory, saying it was willing to talk "at any time in any form".
Shortly before Mr Trump's tweet, the South Korean presidency said it was thankful that the "summit embers are not put out and it is coming back to life".
Whether or not the talks will take place in just over two weeks' time is, frankly, anyone's guess, the BBC's David Willis reports from Washington.
Summit meetings of this kind usually involve months of detailed planning and some analysts have expressed disquiet that private discussion of policy differences appears to have been replaced by "diplomacy by tweet", our correspondent adds.
President Moon Jae-in had earlier said he was "very perplexed" and that it was "very regrettable" that the summit was not going ahead.
The summit planned for Singapore would have been the first time a sitting US president had met a North Korean leader.
Although the precise agenda was unclear, it was expected that the two leaders would discuss ways of reducing tensions and denuclearising the Korean peninsula.
It was South Korean officials who first informed the US earlier this year that Mr Kim was prepared to discuss potential nuclear disarmament.
In April, the leaders of both Koreas had a historic meeting at the border, promising to end hostilities and work towards the denuclearisation of the peninsula.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visited North Korea for preliminary talks with Mr Kim and plans for the historic summit were announced.
However, the North quickly became angered by comments from senior US officials who made comparisons with Libya. There, former leader Colonel Gaddafi gave up his nascent nuclear programme only for him to be killed by Western-backed rebels a few years later.
After some fiery North Korean rhetoric, Mr Trump announced the summit would not be held.
But the North's Vice-Foreign Minister, Kim Kye-gwan, then struck a more conciliatory tone, calling Mr Trump's decision "unexpected" and "extremely regrettable". He said Pyongyang was willing "to sit face to face at any time".
Earlier on Friday, speaking to reporters outside the White House in Washington, the US president indicated that the summit could still be salvaged, saying: "We're gonna see what happens. We're talking to them [North Korea] now. It was a very nice statement they put out."
Mr Trump added: "Everybody plays games."

BBC
The leaders of North and South Korea, in a surprise development, met in the demilitarised border area this morning...
The meeting is only the second between South Korea's Moon Jae-in and the North's Kim Jong-un.
It comes as the two sides continue efforts to put a historic US-North Korea summit back on track.
On Thursday US President Donald Trump cancelled the summit, scheduled for 12 June, but later suggested it might still go ahead.
The talks were held at the northern side of the Panmunjom truce village between 06:00 and 08:00 GMT, Mr Moon's office said.
"Both leader exchanged opinions... for the successful holding of the North Korea-US Summit," it added, saying that Mr Moon will announce the outcome of the talks on Sunday morning.
The talks between Mr Trump and Mr Kim, if they were to go ahead, would be focused on ways of denuclearising the Korean peninsula and reducing tensions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44265287
Beren wrote:Maybe it depends on whether in what mood Trump wakes up that day.

And maybe N. & S. Korea are discussing Bi-lateral talks to end their war without Trump's "Supervision." Most probably such talks would involve the reduction of American Military forces. Donald will love that !

Kim Jung Un and Moon Jae In share the peace prize … is it so unlikely?

Zam 8)
Zamuel wrote:And maybe N. & S. Korea are discussing Bi-lateral talks to end their war without Trump's "Supervision." Most probably such talks would involve the reduction of American Military forces. Donald will love that !

Kim Jung Un and Moon Jae In share the peace prize … is it so unlikely?

Zam 8)

Kim Jong-un winning a Nobel Prize is very-very unlikely. I'd actually say it's impossible.
It is North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's "fixed will" that a summit with US President Donald Trump in Singapore should go ahead, state media say.
This followed a surprise meeting on Saturday between Mr Kim and the South's Moon Jae-in, who said the North was "committed to denuclearisation".
Mr Trump had cancelled the 12 June summit, citing the North's "hostility".
But on Saturday he said that the date "hasn't changed" and that things were "moving along very nicely".
The summit would be the culmination of diplomatic efforts that began this year to try to defuse what had threatened to become a military confrontation between the nuclear-armed communist North and the South and its US ally.
What came out of Saturday's surprise talks?
The North's KCNA agency released a detailed statement on the meeting and the South Korean president also delivered remarks. It was the leaders' second meeting in as many months.
Mr Moon said he and Mr Kim had "agreed that the 12 June summit should be held successfully" and that the North Korean leader had "again made clear his commitment to a complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula".
But Mr Moon suggested Mr Kim was not certain whether Washington could guarantee the stability of his regime.
"What Kim is unclear about is that he has concerns about whether his country can surely trust the United States over its promise to end hostile relations," Mr Moon said.
The KCNA statement said the two leaders had had a "candid dialogue" and that Mr Kim had "expressed his fixed will on the historic... summit talks". He had called for co-operation to "establish a mechanism for permanent and durable peace" and the opening of a "new era of reconciliation and unity".
It added that "top leaders" from the two nations would hold more talks on Friday.
What did Mr Trump say?
At the White House late on Saturday he said: "It's moving along very nicely. We're looking at June 12 in Singapore. That hasn't changed."
He also took to Twitter to angrily dismiss media speculation that the summit, even if reinstated, could not now be held in Singapore in the existing time frame:
The White House confirmed that an advance team of officials would leave for Singapore this weekend, as originally scheduled, to prepare for the possible summit.
Mr Trump had declared the summit cancelled on Thursday, blaming North Korea's "tremendous anger and open hostility", but then tweeted on Friday that "very productive talks" had taken place with the North.
What needs to be sorted ahead of the summit?
As Mr Moon alluded to, there is still a lot of ground to be covered and Mr Trump has clearly shown that if does not think a deal can be done, he will not go.
Mr Moon said after Saturday's meeting that although the US and North Korea "share the same resolve, there need to be discussions regarding the roadmap for how to make it happen, and that process could be tough"
Mr Moon himself has declined to define what "complete denuclearisation" means and it is unclear whether Mr Kim will agree to fully abandon his nuclear arsenal. Similar pledges in the past have not been upheld.
Analysts say the US had wanted denuclearisation first - followed by rewards in the form of lifted sanctions and economic aid.
Mr Kim has indicated he wants a phased approach, with his steps met by reciprocal ones from the US and the South - mainly on sanctions but also easing of the US military presence in South Korea.
Mr Trump has not ruled out such an incremental approach.
North Korea has been subjected to numerous rounds of international sanctions since 2006, which has cut off most of its exports and capped its imports of oil.
The North also wants assurances that its survival as a state would never be in question.
How did we get here?
Getting this far has been a surprise given that North Korea had maintained its strident rhetoric - and continued its nuclear and missile tests - through 2016 and 2017.
This brought a bitter war of words between Mr Trump and the North Korean leadership.

BBC
Bro, just air drop me into those talks. I'll garrote wire ole Kimmy, and I'll self extract out of there riding a fucking Singapore tiger.

If I recall correctly, I think the word Singapore means land of tigers or lions or some shit like that.
This is a Korean ploy to put maximum pressure on Trump...

South Korean officials have said President Moon Jae-in could attend a possible summit between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un.
Any attendance by Mr Moon would be dependent on the progress of pre-summit talks between the US and North Korean leaders, said the Blue House.
The historic meeting is scheduled to take place on 12 June in Singapore.
It has been thrown into uncertainty, after Mr Trump said he would no longer be attending.
But both sides have since been working to get it back on track.
It would be the first ever meeting between a North Korean leader and a sitting US president.

BBC
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]