Kids these days - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By One Degree
Rugoz wrote:Conservatives are chicken shits:

Fear and Anxiety Drive Conservatives' Political Attitudes
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -attitudes

That said, fear can also be useful.

That is hardly what the article says. It might be better summarized as conservatives are conservative because they are better at recognizing threats.
By One Degree
MistyTiger wrote:Pfffft. Conservatives are just better at saying rude stuff with all the superiority crap and ruffling feathers.

pofo clearly show it is liberals who resort to name calling and insults by a high margin. There are a few liberals who never post anything else.
By MistyTiger
One Degree wrote:pofo clearly show it is liberals who resort to name calling and insults by a high margin. There are a few liberals who never post anything else.

Well name calling is legal as opposed to the crazy ones who attempt to get past his security to stalk him or whatever. I post other stuff but not today. :)
By anarchist23
MistyTiger wrote:Stranger danger is still a thing. Plus, even if you know someone, you don't always know what they're thinking. I have a friend who was molested and abused by her maternal uncle for years. And many cases of rape and abuse are not by strangers

Yes. In the majority cases of sexual abuse is by relatives or friends of the family who can gain the trust of the kid.
At least when the perverts end up in prison fellow convicts give them hell. Many prisoners have children and would beat the fuck out of these perverts. So the perverts in prison have to be isolated.
By anarchist23
You might laugh but this is an accurate portrayal of my teenage son, Billy.

By Albert
19, I'm so scared he wont grow out of it. I was already done with all the mischief by that age. But he started late to rebel as well, so I do no.

Just today we could not find the dish sponge, we were like where is it? It was in his room somehow. :knife:
By Rancid
Heisenberg wrote:In this thread, Hong Wu is complaining about people being immature. Let that sink in. :lol:

I had a beer called Haisenberg today. :)

MistyTiger wrote:@Verv I've noticed that a lot of men's hairstyles right now seem a bit feminine. I'm talking the long parts on their crown and the bottom is shaved clean. And some guys grow their hair out long and I always want to ask them what conditioner they use. LOL.

I just want you to know that I am all man. :Grunts and pounds chest like a caveman:
By Rancid
One Degree wrote:That is hardly what the article says. It might be better summarized as conservatives are conservative because they are better at recognizing threats.

There's another way to view this same point. That is, conservatives are conservatives because they fear change, and see change itself as a threat.
Rugoz wrote:
Conservatives are chicken shits:

Fear and Anxiety Drive Conservatives' Political Attitudes
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -attitudes

That said, fear can also be useful.

Not that the article actually supports the headline, but it's hard to believe that the right is driven by fear more than the left when the latter now considers white housewives a threat.

Rancid wrote:There's another way to view this same point. That is, conservatives are conservatives because they fear change, and see change itself as a threat.

It can also be framed as being realistic vs utopian, or critical vs gullible.
Last edited by Kaiserschmarrn on 03 Jun 2018 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
By MistyTiger
Rancid wrote:I had a beer called Haisenberg today. :)

I just want you to know that I am all man. :Grunts and pounds chest like a caveman:

Maybe I should call you MR now...Man Rancid. :lol: :p
By anarchist23
Fucking teenagers... Billy was up all night on his Xbox and he has very important exams next week. Fucking hell.
By anarchist23
AFAIK wrote:Grumpy old man 1990: Damn kids get off my lawn!
Grumpy old man 2018: Damn kids go outside!

When Billy's mum gets home today she is going to go absolutely ballistic. She's much stricter than me by a long shot and she's in her early forties. I'm quite chilled..
Anyway here's a track on teenagers, well not teenagers of today..

By snapdragon
Helicopter parenting is a new thing. It's why kids are now growing up to be absolutely useless.

I went with friends to a pub the other night where an amateur band were playing. They weren't bad, but I was surprised to see how many of their supporters were pretty old, as they weren't all that good, either.

It turns out all their groupies were their mums and all the guys playing air guitar were their dads.

It would have meant social death to have taken your parents along on a night out in my day.

What is this awful world coming to?
By Godstud
one Degree wrote:pofo clearly show it is liberals who resort to name calling and insults by a high margin.
There are a few liberals who never post anything else. one of the big problems, is that you call anyone who disagrees with you, a liberal. Yet, when they exhibit conservative ideals, you completely overlook it or warn them of becoming a conservative. not everyone fits into neat boxes.

Drlee is a conservative, and even is a Republican(although I am not sure he likens himself to one, right now).

I'm indeed a liberal, and yet I believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, and individual liberty, which are conservative ideals.

You bandy around the word Liberal as an insult, and do indeed insult other posters, so if you're going to throw stones, at least make sure you aren't living in a glass house.

Have a nice day.

snapdragon wrote:Helicopter parenting is a new thing. It's why kids are now growing up to be absolutely useless.
I fucking hate that style of parenting. Let the kids do their thing! My boy's 7, and we tell him a few places not to go(for safety's sake), and then we leave him to his own devices.

snapdragon wrote:It turns out all their groupies were their mums and all the guys playing air guitar were their dads.
:lol: I'll have you know that I am a professional air guitarist. I know all the hits. ;)
By Hong Wu
Rancid wrote:I had a beer called Haisenberg today. :)

I'm not sure if this is what Rancid is saying and I wouldn't want to try and drag him into anything, but my response to this mention was "who is Heisenberg?" Of all the things people have accused me of on this forum, I was genuinely not expecting immaturity... anyway he will forever be known to me as Haisenberg from now on :excited:

If I was going to attempt to expand upon my post in the OP, I think Tinder may also have a hand at making the retards in the next generation especially retarded. When I was hanging out with the college students a few of them wanted me, not the college boys and if those boys hadn't literally (I hate using that word by now, but there's no other word to use when it's true) been bouncing off the walls like wild little boys who had consumed too much sugar they probably would have had a better chance. Their inability to score was pretty much entirely due to their social ineptitude/inability to act like men should act. I was pretty bad at that age too but I wasn't as bad as some of them were. Another tried to shame me for having a Sony smartphone, I had trouble following what he thought was going on. Anyway, I feel like no one is even trying to teach these kids how to be adults at this point in time and that bothers me.
By Paddy14
Oi, you lot - stop picking on teenagers. All those video clips are quite funny, but all teens are not like that. Every old man throughout history has complained about 'the young'.

This is what Socrates is supposed to have said hundreds of years ago.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

@Deutschmania , @wat0n The definition of auth[…]

@QatzelOk calling another person a liar is not a[…]

Race is scientifically arbitrary. It was created […]

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]