Liberal YouTube "Talk Shows" Besides TYT - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I sometimes watch conservative "talk shows" on YouTube but I was thinking it might be interesting to hear things from another perspective. Other than the artificial establishment things of the Colbert variety and The Young Turks, I'm not aware of any liberal talk shows on YouTube. They have to exist though and I am wondering if anyone on PoFo can suggest any? I've had trouble finding them through YouTube's search bar, it's almost like the left isn't producing anyone who can just talk into a microphone without a team of writers and a laugh track.
Hong Wu wrote:it's almost like the left isn't producing anyone who can just talk into a microphone without a team of writers and a laugh track.

I always wonder how average people just talking average bullshit into the microphone over and over again can be so interesting. Right-wingers just like listening their own ideas for hours perhaps? How is it so interesting when they discuss the same issues the same way the 10th time? Some people can never get tired of being fed with their own petit ideas again and again it seems.
Beren wrote:I always wonder how average people just talking average bullshit into the microphone over and over again can be so interesting. Right-wingers just like listening their own ideas for hours perhaps? How is it so interesting when they discuss the same issues the same way the 10th time? Some people can never get tired of being fed with their own petit ideas again and again it seems.

I was definitely a little catty there, which I regret but I'm still going to point out how ironic it is that you are writing this in a thread where I was asking for shows that let me hear it from a position other than my own.
Hong Wu wrote:I was definitely a little catty there, which I regret but I'm still going to point out how ironic it is that you are writing this in a thread where I was asking for shows that let me hear it from a position other than my own.

I meant to explain why there are no such shows for the other side: there is no demand. It's only right-wing people that are into this. Nobody needs a liberal or left-wing version of Stephan Molyneux or Joe Rogan, who could even call himself Average Joe. Left-wing and liberal people rather prefer listening to people they consider more than themselves, while right-wingers prefer listening to, well, themselves. However, highly regarded intellectuals and people famously successful in their own fields usually don't run shows like that because it's not their way to make a living.
Beren wrote:I meant to explain why there are no such shows for the other side: there is no demand. It's only right-wing people that are into this. Nobody needs a liberal or left-wing version of Stephan Molyneux or Joe Rogan, who could even call himself Average Joe. Left-wing and liberal people rather prefer listening to people they consider more than themselves, while right-wingers prefer listening to, well, themselves. However, highly regarded intellectuals and people famously successful in their own fields usually don't run shows like that because it's not their way to make a living.

Great post, although I have to view it as spin regarding how conservatives are basically pressured out of academia so they have to be on YouTube. The success of some of these YouTube shows, which sometimes include debates either on the show or in the comments, then follow up shows, suggests to me that some of these people were qualified for academia or the mainstream media, they were just locked out due to political bias. They are not all the echo chambers you're suggesting they are.
Hong Wu wrote:I sometimes watch conservative "talk shows" on YouTube but I was thinking it might be interesting to hear things from another perspective. Other than the artificial establishment things of the Colbert variety and The Young Turks, I'm not aware of any liberal talk shows on YouTube. They have to exist though and I am wondering if anyone on PoFo can suggest any? I've had trouble finding them through YouTube's search bar, it's almost like the left isn't producing anyone who can just talk into a microphone without a team of writers and a laugh track.

As far as center-left social liberalism goes , I might suggest The Bill Press Show , and The Stephanie Miller Show . Both of them also have shows on Free Speech TV .
Hong Wu wrote:I'm not aware of any liberal talk shows on YouTube. They have to exist though and I am wondering if anyone on PoFo can suggest any?

NAH, who needs em … it takes 2 seconds to say "That's Bullshit" -and - most everyone already knew that anyway ... Add some Humor (like Colbert) and you've got a show … Intelligent people do not require repetitious reinforcement like conservatives get from their media.

Zam :p
It is amusing liberals arguing it is superior to follow the teachings of the elite rather than listen to the opinions of commoners. Lmao at more hypocrisy.
TYT's format hasn't proven particularly popular on the left but there a variety of "video essay" type channels that do more left of center to left wing views.

Pop culture detective is one I saw today that focuses mainly on gender issues in media for instance. Innuendo studios focuses a lot on rhetoric and arguing with the alt-right. I've heard of but not watched contra-points which I'm to understand is something in a vaguely similar vein.
Michael Brooks is one of the most intelligent, funny political commentators on youtube.

I strongly disagree with him on a lot of issues but his positions are all very well thought out and developed so he's always interesting and rarely ever just totally full of shit.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]