Trumps separating Central American children from their parents. Is this acceptable? - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Suntzu wrote:Some of them do, most of them don't.
I am sure that you can provide a source for this claim.

Suntzu wrote:I live about 10 miles from the detention center at Brownsville.
Irrelevant.
Frankly, all I see happening is Trump creating another "Bargaining Chip" for his WALL.

No, I don't agree that these "Asylum" seekers should be admitted on compassionate grounds. Return them to their countries of origin. Then conscript the able bodied men and women into police battalions and send them to deal with the problems they are trying to escape. Provide some aid $$$ and send some tactical advisers. Deal with the problem at it's source and stop encouraging more asylum seekers.

Suntzu wrote:I live about 10 miles from the detention center at Brownsville.

Why the Hell would anyone choose to live in Brownsville? ... Good Huevos Rancheros, but everything else was kind of Neo-Stone Age last time I was there (admittedly long ago).

Zam
Last edited by Zamuel on 17 Jun 2018 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t think we can even help them solve their own problems. It is nice to think we can go in and get rid of the ‘bad guys’, and turn the country over to the ‘good guys’. In reality, this takes generations of occupation.
People must be left alone to suffer and make their own way. It’s the only way people learn what they need to learn. People of Western countries have forgotten it was our suffering that forced us to recognize the need to fight and die for our freedom. A strong border and non interference in Latin affairs is the best we can do. Perhaps also acting as a policeman to prevent others interfering but that is kind of our current dilemma.

@Godstud demands evidence from others but ignores my direct questions. Lol
Godstud wrote:@Suntzu You still have no evidence to support your statement, and did not attempt to, so I will take it that you fabricated it.

Failure to communicate I think ... Border Patrol agents do not man the border crossings ... Those guys are customs and INS people. Official border crossings are where you go to apply for asylum. Border Patrol guys are mostly out looking for illegal crossers and smugglers. Same agency I think, different training and bosses.

On Godstud's behalf, he doesn't live on the border and know how it works.

Zam ;)
Sorry I haven't been following every post in the thread, it's not a very interesting one for me but has anyone dealt with the subject that there appears to be photographic evidence of Obama having had the same policy? Like, when someone gets apprehended, they are normally put into a lockdown, which would separate them from everyone else, right?
The proper (legal) way to seek asylum in the U.S. is to present oneself to a consulate or port of entry. There was a TV new report of a family that tried this. Mexican authorities detained the family for being in Mexico illegally. Probably greater than 90% cross the border then seek out the Border Patrol to turn themselves in.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Haha what world do you live in where you think anyone younger than 60 gives a shit about what a pill popping pedo AM radio guy has to say?

Haha. All five of his "Rush Revere" childrens' books were #1 New York Times best sellers. His audience now stands at 26M, which means he has actually been growing in the age of Trump, not shrinking.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm totally down for killing all the racist Trump supporters. But I wouldn't eat them because I'm sure they would taste awful, like stale McDonald's wrappers left under a car seat for a few years.

But you would eat others? So we can add cannibalism to your list of character traits?

SpecialOlympian wrote:Hillary is dying.

It's possible she's already dead, and her corpse has just been infused with Disney animatronics.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Yes, white people deserve to die. How have I been anything less than clear on this?

Why do you work for white people?

Pants-of-dog wrote:I hope everyone is clear that this policy is targetting asylum seekers and not illegal immigrants.

They're not fleeing government oppression. They are fleeing bad neighborhoods, which isn't the purpose of the asylum system--which is another thing Obama abused and is being put right.

QatzelOk wrote:I suspect the reason you have entered this thread as a derailing influence, is because you actually support this policy of separating parents from their children as they try to flee American-capitalism-induced poverty from one of Wall Street's fruit-production gulags in Latin America.

Unable to deal with the natural shame you feel as your callous racism is served to you on a pewter platter, you hide behind bland Rachel-Maddow-like themes and try to piss off both liberals and rednecks with opposing memes.

He is conflicted, since separating blacks from their fathers has been a project of the welfare state since the 1950s or so.

Godstud wrote:There is no evidence to suggest that all these refugees are criminals. You're making up shit.

They aren't fleeing government oppression, which is what asylum is for. They are fleeing shitty circumstances, which is what organizing politically and fighting back is for.

Maybe we should open up a thread to talk about how the government of Thailand isn't protecting asylum seekers from Myanmar.

Rohingya Fleeing Myanmar Face Difficulties in Thailand
For the past month, the world has watched in horror as Myanmar’s army has carried out a brutal campaign of ethnic cleansing against members of the Rohingya minority in the west of the country. Almost 500,000 women, men and children have already crossed the border into Bangladesh, leaving behind dead family members, burned villages and a shattered homeland.

While the international community has rightly focused on the horrors precipitating the mass exodus of Rohingya from Myanmar, Myanmar’s neighbors remain woefully unprepared to handle the spillover effects of the crisis.

When you live in a place that won't help people being genocided, you sure seem to have a lot of spare time to criticize the United States for not wanting to take economic migrants who are trying to claim asylum from MS-13. Do you think we should set up refugee camps in the Sonora desert like you have on the Thai Myanmar border?

Thailand Evicts 4,000 Hmong to Laos

Godstud wrote:I think the children should not be separated from their parents. That's all.

I'm for that too, by returning the parents and children to their country of origin.

Hong Wu wrote:Sorry I haven't been following every post in the thread, it's not a very interesting one for me but has anyone dealt with the subject that there appears to be photographic evidence of Obama having had the same policy? Like, when someone gets apprehended, they are normally put into a lockdown, which would separate them from everyone else, right?

It is Obama's policy, verbatim. There is no change. It's just that when Trump does it, it is super duper mean and we should feel awful. When Obama does it, we should feel warm and creamy.
Hong Wu wrote:Sorry I haven't been following every post in the thread, it's not a very interesting one for me but has anyone dealt with the subject that there appears to be photographic evidence of Obama having had the same policy? Like, when someone gets apprehended, they are normally put into a lockdown, which would separate them from everyone else, right?

Of course the the title of this thread is a variation of fake news. Its typical when the leftist progressive want to spread their hypocritical propaganda. They didn't care when Obama did it. Everybody knows it.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmao at Blackjack doing the fallacy of appealing to popularity and citing a children's book from the pill popping pedo as proof of his genius. Good job, chud.

That might be one of your chemically-induced hallucinations, as I was not commenting on Limbaugh's intellect. You indicated that nobody under 60 listens to Limbaugh. On the contrary, his audience is growing. Leftists have been trying to shut him down for decades. It works about as well as making Hillary Clinton likeable.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Good job, chud.

Thanks ding dong.
Actually, millions of other people are as retarded as I am. Can I show you a Mark Dice video?

Yeah, I like LSD. I brag about doing it. Why do you think mentioning this affects me in any way, guy who brags about listening to a radio dude who did so many painkillers that he made himself deaf? God, you are so dense.
One Degree wrote:My town is plagued by gang violence so instead of doing anything about it, I want to move to your town where I won’t do anything about it either. It would be inhumane of you to not let your town be overrun by people who accept gang violence as a way of life.

Lmao go fight some gangs then 1°. Be the change.

Hey everyone, Captain Badass here is gonna fight some gangs Haha
Stormsmith wrote:Just out of idle curiousity,

1. Where is Ivanka

2. When lawyers launch lawsuits on behalf of these 2,000 kids for psychological damage who will pick up the tab,
Trump
The GOP
You

the lefttards can't keep their propaganda straight

Obama Administration Officials Rushing To Explain Photos Showing Locked-Up Immigrant Children
Duración: 01:19 30/05/2018
Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin Several 2014 photos of detained immigrant children resurfaced on Twitter over the weekend and went viral. Former Obama administration officials tried to explain the context behind the photos, which appeared to show migrant kids locked up in cages. The former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau had shared the images on Twitter, mistakenly believing they were taken during Donald Trump's presidency. The former officials doubled down on their criticisms of Trump's immigration policies, and said the 2014 photos showed unaccompanied children the government had been attempting to place with family members.

https://www.msn.com/es-co/noticias/us/o ... id=AAxO39r
blackjack21 wrote:Rohingya Fleeing Myanmar Face Difficulties in Thailand
Fucking irrelevant. We're discussing USA. 'Whataboutisms' are a pathetic tactic used by numpties.

No evidence, as usual, so no argument.

Blackjack21 wrote:I'm for that too, by returning the parents and children to their country of origin.
Yes, I know you care nothing for fellow human beings fleeing dire circumstances. Your right-wing racist brethren are right beside you on that. Some of us see that there are other options besides the least humane one.

Everybody is a little bit mixed.

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]