Trumps separating Central American children from their parents. Is this acceptable? - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I wonder what he plans to do with them? I don’t see family incarceration being any more acceptable or do I believe the facilities exist. Going back to bus tickets seems the most likely outcome.
Zagadka wrote:Trump administration drafting executive action to stop migrant family separations
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... des-655498

I'm sure there will be some sort of mention of a wall. Like "stop separating kids for a few months, but resume if I don't get my wall funding" Some shit like that.

If they do fund this wall, I really would wish its taken out of the millitary's budget (it won't be though).
I have refrained from commenting on this thread. I am disgusted at the comments I have seen here and several posters have fallen to a new low in my eyes.

Here are some facts.

The people illegally entering the US are, for the most part, committing a misdemeanor. They are not "criminals" anymore than anyone here who has had a littering, jay walking, speeding or shoplifting offense is. So let's just stop that ignorance right now.

I will use one post:

Americans strongly support stricter immigration laws. Why don’t we have them?

This cynical kind of question shows the level of ignorance this issue uncovers. Here are the fucking facts.

T
hose kids are there because of Democrats not following the will of the people.

Another load of horse shit. Here are the fucking facts Skippy. (If you want to know who I am quoting go back and look. I am not going to embarrass the person by posting their abject ignorance.

Americans, including me, favor much stricter immigration laws. Why don't we have them? Because the wealthy do not want us to have them. They are getting rich and richer on the backs of illegal laborers. Get rid of illegal immigration and watch what happens to the economy. This is not subject to debate. It is just the fucking truth. More fucking truth:

We can stop illegal immigration tomorrow by doing what many of you want. That is to vigorously prosecute the people who violate immigration law. And who are those people? They are the employers who hire illegals. The penalties for that are much stronger than for illegal entry. Since the third offense is a felony these employers ARE felons. We should take their children away. Conspiring to hire illegals, which is what a great many large farmer do, could be a violation of the RICO act. They could be fined or forfeit their farms if convicted.

But here is another fact. These fat-cats give a shit load of money to both parties but particularly republicans. If we wanted to stop illegal immigration tomorrow we could do it overnight. Require strict verification of the right to work then perp-walk a few employers, recind their EIN and this shit will stop. Of course we can expect prices to skyrocket, and some food items to become unavailable. We are at full employment now. Pay attention folks. Get rid of illegals and our economy would collapse. This is not about wages, though $30.00 per hour for farm workers is not unimaginable. It is a simply supply and demand equation. We desperately need these people.

Now for the kids.

The President of the American College of Pediatrics said, after touring the concentration camps that these kids are housed in and seeing the conditions, that these kids are suffering "irreversible physical and psychological damage". We are torturing kids. Children in these concentration camps are not touched, hugged or comforted. It is impossible for a republican to understand science in any context but the research is absolutely conclusive. Not hugging, comforting and touching children leads to permanent, severe, irreversible damage. The republicans (not just Trump but mostly Trump) are torturing children. And for what? Because their parent/s committed a misdemeanor.

Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry);

Compare this to the Arizona law for littering:

Class A misdemeanor. Fine up to $500 (§534.040). First conviction of intentional littering: fine between $500 and $1,000, and eight hours community service in a litter abatement program.

Should we take the children away from litterbugs? It appears we think it is twice as bad. A speeding fine in Virginia is even worse.

I am absolutely disgusted by these child abuses under the cover of authority. The republican party is responsible for this. Trump is reveling in this controversy as it energizes the profoundly stupid people who support him and it distracts from his very real problems with the law. In the upcoming elections, though I am a lifetime republican, I intend to not vote for a single republican candidate and to volunteer and give generously to their opponents. On election day I will be driving people to the polls to vote them out of office. I have already begun writing the sponsors of the Fox News shows which are supporting or even ignoring these issues.

Make no mistake. There is absolutely NO justification for these family separations under any circumstances. They are unnecessary and criminal. It is deliberate and willful child abuse. The "good Nazis" who are working in these centers are going to answer for their crimes. The "I was just following orders" argument did not work for the Nazis and they will not work for day care workers who work in places and using methods that harm children. They should walk out and not come back.. But no. Their $10.00 and hour job is so important that child abuse is justified so they can have it.

This is not a democrat problem and the Trump attempt to paint it that is failing miserably. The poster above tried to paint it as such. Utter nonsense. This is an incontrovertible fact. Trump and/or the republican congress could stop this today and reunite the children with their parents. They are the lowest form of scum. The entire republican party is little short of serial child abusers. No other words will do.
@Drlee said..
Nazis, child abusers, something about evil republicans

Somehow he thought he was stating facts. He kept saying he was stating facts but it sure looked like biased opinion.
You can quote me. I am not embarrassed by my views. Some of us already exchanged views on solutions instead of insults. Your belief it is mainly Republican capitalists that encourage immigration is destroyed by the Democrats ardent protection of illegals. Ofcourse, you choose to believe their humanitarian bullshit. “They need illegals to report crime”. Anyone who swallows that can not be considered a rational being.
Democrats very much want open borders for cheap labor and votes. It is kind of a clue when they brag about becoming the dominant party from immigrants. You know, all the media hype about whites becoming a minority. They are outright telling you they abuse immigrants and minorities, yet you believe it is all evil Republicans.
It is a class battle. You are simply deceived into supporting the capitalists because they distract you with racism. The Democrats are not the good guys and neither are the Republicans.
One Degree wrote:I wonder what he plans to do with them? I don’t see family incarceration being any more acceptable or do I believe the facilities exist. Going back to bus tickets seems the most likely outcome.

Why would you even incarcerate families. They're no threat to the public. Put them somewhere until the paperwork is done.
Rugoz wrote:Why would you even incarcerate families. They're no threat to the public. Put them somewhere until the paperwork is done.

That is the point. You either incarcerate or you don’t. The child separation was just used to end incarceration at all. There was no reason to expect children to be incarcerated with adults. We don’t do that in the US. The entire argument was pure emotional nonsense. And our emotionally stunted populace supported it because ‘feelings’ and institutionalized propaganda that your ‘feelings’ are of highest importance.
The only alternative that will be acceptable to Democrats will be bus tickets again.
One Degree wrote:That is the point. You either incarcerate or you don’t. The child separation was just used to end incarceration at all. There was no reason to expect children to be incarcerated with adults. We don’t do that in the US.

Oh please. You could easily do that if you wanted to. All you need is a fence around wherever you put them and some guards.
Rugoz wrote:Oh please. You could easily do that if you wanted to. All you need is a fence around wherever you put them and some guards.

What?
Try thinking it through. You are talking dormitory style housing. Do you want your kid in a dormitory with other kids or with adults too.
Also, remember most the arguments I have seen are based upon the assumption all asylum seekers are ‘innocents’. That is highly unlikely. Some of these adults are not innocents and should not be around your kids.
I am infuriated with people like McCain referring to them as innocents. He doesn’t know that, but that is exactly the nonsense that prevailed. An idealistic rambling with no basis accepted as truth.
One Degree wrote:What? Try thinking it through. You are talking dormitory style housing. Do you want your kid in a dormitory with other kids or with adults too.

Jeez, you try thinking for a change. Why not dormitory style housing. Or set up a tent for every family, like they do in refugee camps a million times over. Where I live families can be incarcerated if they're an immediate flight risk and I bet in other countries too. Make a roomy cell or whatever. :roll:

One Degree wrote:Also, remember most the arguments I have seen are based upon the assumption all asylum seekers are ‘innocents’. That is highly unlikely. Some of these adults are not innocents and should not be around your kids. I am infuriated with people like McCain referring to them as innocents. He doesn’t know that, but that is exactly the nonsense that prevailed. An idealistic rambling with no basis accepted as truth.

Yes, let's assume they're all criminals by default. Maybe kids should be separated from all Americans because so many of them are criminals! :lol:
Do you ever listen to your nonsense?
Rugoz wrote:Jeez, you try thinking for a change. Why not dormitory style housing. Or set up a tent for every family, like they do in refugee camps a million times over. Where I live families can be incarcerated if they're an immediate flight risk and I bet in other countries too. Make a roomy cell or whatever. :roll:

Yes, let's assume they're all criminals by default. Maybe kids should be separated from all Americans because so many of them are criminals! :lol:
Do you ever listen to your nonsense?

I will just tell you my predictions...
Trump must end holding asylum seekers or house children with adults.
Democrats win either way, but they prefer Trump be stupid enough to House them together.
This will make it a statistical certainty they can create an emotional uproar over child molestation before the elections.
Even though the Democrats created the situation, they will be blameless because there is no excuse for allowing child molestation.
I am sure you don’t think the friendly Democrats would be willing to sacrifice children this way, but just wait and see.
People in the US are being led around by their feelings as if they are automatons. Punch the emotional button and actions become totally separated from reason.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmao at 1° We had to incarcerate the children to free the children.

Somehow I don't think Trump's 180 degree spin is going to make a lot of points for him. Blaming the Dems just wasn't working and he was facing serious backlash to his "0* tolerance policy." Swing and a miss for Trump on this one. It may haunt him though.

Zam ;)
There was no reason to expect children to be incarcerated with adults. We don’t do that in the US. The entire argument was pure emotional nonsense. And our emotionally stunted populace supported it because ‘feelings’ and institutionalized propaganda that your ‘feelings’ are of highest importance.
The only alternative that will be acceptable to Democrats will be bus tickets again.

This is unmitigated horse shit. You are completely wrong. This very thing has been done for decades under republicans and democrats alike. Adults and children detained together is more than common.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -detention

If you had simply googled this you would know it.

Fun Fact. Bill Clinton greatly increased family detention. Obama deported more people than Bush. Reagan gave amnesty to illegals. In Short One Degree. You have yet to get a single one of your facts straight.
Drlee wrote:This is unmitigated horse shit. You are completely wrong. This very thing has been done for decades under republicans and democrats alike. Adults and children detained together is more than common.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -detention

If you had simply googled this you would know it.

Fun Fact. Bill Clinton greatly increased family detention. Obama deported more people than Bush. Reagan gave amnesty to illegals. In Short One Degree. You have yet to get a single one of your facts straight.

Really? You use an article saying how horrible family incarceration is to justify it? Did you read the article?
Zamuel wrote:Somehow I don't think Trump's 180 degree spin is going to make a lot of points for him. Blaming the Dems just wasn't working and he was facing serious backlash to his "0* tolerance policy." Swing and a miss for Trump on this one. It may haunt him though.

Zam ;)

You think Americans vote solely on immigration policy?

The right outcome occurred how is that a swing and a miss and now the ball is in congresses court.
Last edited by Finfinder on 20 Jun 2018 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Suntzu wrote:They have no honor and can't be released to show up later.

From NPR & ICE:

BURNETT: Well, you know, we've been hearing from administration spokespeople and the conservative media about how if the government doesn't prosecute these people and jail them and also take their kids away, they'll abscond. But there are alternatives to detention. I received an email from ICE yesterday with an amazing statistic - 99.8 percent of participants enrolled in alternatives to detention successfully make it to immigration court. And I know lots of immigrant parents with children are being released right now in South Texas wearing these electronic ankle monitors. When they strap them on, they agree to appear at all their immigration hearings and check in with ICE periodically. Conservatives contradict ICE, saying the no-show rate is actually much higher.

They also apparently use phone apps as well. Details in the article.

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

@FiveofSwords , when do you plan to call for a r[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]