Trumps separating Central American children from their parents. Is this acceptable? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

SpecialOlympian wrote:Obama... Hillary...British people...

I suspect the reason you have entered this thread as a derailing influence, is because you actually support this policy of separating parents from their children as they try to flee American-capitalism-induced poverty from one of Wall Street's fruit-production gulags in Latin America.

Unable to deal with the natural shame you feel as your callous racism is served to you on a pewter platter, you hide behind bland Rachel-Maddow-like themes and try to piss off both liberals and rednecks with opposing memes.

Sitting across from me in an immigration holding cell in McAllen, Texas, the 24-year-old woman told me a familiar story. Her town in Honduras is plagued by gang violence, and after some relatives and others she knew were killed, she fled with her 5-year-old son, fearing they might be targeted next. I talked with her son a bit – he liked the crackers the US border agents gave him, and he clapped in delight when an official handed him a juice container as we talked.

I tried to find her the next day. Her boy skipped up to me with a smile when I asked to see him, but his face dropped when I mentioned his mother. “I haven’t seen her since yesterday,” he said. “I don’t know where she is.”

She’s one of the 2,200 parents -- and counting -- who have been separated from their children under Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ new “zero tolerance” policy for undocumented entry. The US Department of Justice plans to prosecute all irregular entries, even people like this mother who approach immigration agents seeking asylum.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/16/wat ... ir-parents
My town is plagued by gang violence so instead of doing anything about it, I want to move to your town where I won’t do anything about it either. It would be inhumane of you to not let your town be overrun by people who accept gang violence as a way of life.
A person fleeing gang violence are not criminals and gang members. You imply something that is simply not factual, because it makes you feel better about being shitty to people who actually need help. These people are not accepting of gang violence, they are escaping it.

You obviously know nothing about gang violence. Your statements are shitheel talk.
Godstud wrote:A person fleeing gang violence are not criminals and gang members. You imply something that is simply not factual, because it makes you feel better about being shitty to people who actually need help. These people are not accepting of gang violence, they are escaping it.

You obviously know nothing about gang violence. Your statements are shitheel talk.

You don’t know shit about these people. You are just inventing an ‘ideal’ of who they are to match your politics.
mikema63 wrote:Cool story dude.

For all you complain about people who would put people in gulags for wrong think you seem entirely disinterested in anything but how viscerally you despise my wrong think.

I do despise your politics, there's no hypocrisy in that. I wouldn't gulag you for advocating neoliberalism or any other depraved ideology. I would gulag you for engaging in those behaviors, but certainly not just for promoting the ideology.

because something something neoliberalism.

You should figure out what neoliberalism is before you go around advocating for it. A neoliberal moralizing about Trump's immigration policies is like Jeffrey Dahmer moralizing about people eating beef.
One Degree wrote:You don’t know shit about these people. You are just inventing an ‘ideal’ of who they are to match your politics.
No, that's exactly what YOU are doing. There is no evidence to suggest that all these refugees are criminals. You're making up shit.
Godstud wrote:No, that's exactly what YOU are doing. There is no evidence to suggest that all these refugees are criminals. You're making up shit.

Yep, neither of us know them. You want them admitted to the US without knowing. I want them vetted through a rational immigration process.
Tell me what happens if we agree the children should not be separated? Your next step will be to demand the inhumanity of keeping children locked up with their parents. Your goal is to release them and their parents without vetting.
One Degree wrote:I want them vetted through a rational immigration process.
:roll: They already do that! The refugees are turning themselves into immigration.

One Degree wrote:Your next step will be to demand the inhumanity of keeping children locked up with their parents.
That's a stupid statement, but it's perfectly in line with your current arguments.

One Degree wrote:Your goal is to release them and their parents without vetting.
That's a lie. Why is lying your go-to argument?

Please quote me where I said such a thing, or stop lying.

I think the children should not be separated from their parents. That's all.
Godstud wrote::roll: They already do that! The refugees are turning themselves into immigration.

That's a stupid statement, but it's perfectly in line with your current arguments.

That's a lie. Why is lying your go-to argument?

Please quote me where I said such a thing, or stop lying.

I think the children should not be separated from their parents. That's all.

Obama policy was to give them free access to the US while waiting years for their hearing.
Do you support that policy?
Trump is using the means at his disposal to overturn that policy.
You either support free access or you are simply agsinst Trump having a better policy. Which is it?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]