Trumps separating Central American children from their parents. Is this acceptable? - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Godstud wrote:No, the alternative is not to just let them all in. That's a stupid suggestion, and no one is saying that. The alternative is to actually try to help them. Would that be so bad?

If they have some kind of pressing health problem, my understanding is that they'll get treated. But if by "help" them you mean give them money/let them in, this encourages more to come in order to get the same treatment, so what he's talking about is indeed the issue.
Godstud wrote:Where is the harm in keeping the children with the parents? You have no argument against this logic.

Well, for starters you could ask Obama, there is evidence that this has been normal policy for awhile.

I'm just imagining since I've never been involved with this aspect of deportation, but I suspect that in order to successfully deport someone you have to detain them in such a way that they can't escape, then hear out their basic claims (such as asylum, which you keep bringing up) and during the detention they will be separated from other people, such as accompanying minors.

This entire thing looks like it could be a fake issue the MSM brought up and they even screwed it at launch by posting photos from Obama's administration, yet being SJWs they don't come up with a new plan, they just double down after basically giving people the counter argument. If they care so much, maybe they could be donating money or volunteering to some cause out there, not roleplaying hundreds or thousands of miles away. Just saying, this blind spot on taking personal action is kind of weird sometimes.
Godstud wrote:Whataboutism.

Obama is not the President, is he?

Yeah, I figured you would ignore most of my post. You actually lost the argument when you brought up asylum. It's not so bad you know, people lose arguments all the time and it's not like you are from America or have experience in this area so naturally you won't have thought it through. If you want their asylum claim to be taken seriously, they need to be detained until a judge or magistrate can at least review their case, right? And effective detainment can be inhumane as to children, so maybe they should do something like build a tent city for the kids, so that photos of kids in jail cells don't come out (as happened to a certain President recently).
The absolutely simple solution is to incarcerate the children with their parents, if you need to incarcerate them.

I ignored the fluff of your argument, for a reason. It's rubbish. You started into conspiracy theory, MSM fake news, and SJW bullshit.... the usual yapping points for right-wingers.

Then there's the 'taking it personal' laughable jab at the end. Childishness. :lol:
Godstud wrote:The absolutely simple solution is to incarcerate the children with their parents, if you need to incarcerate them.

I ignored the fluff of your argument, for a reason. It's rubbish. You started into conspiracy theory, MSM fake news, and SJW bullshit.... the usual yapping points for right-wingers.

Then there's the 'taking it personal' laughable jab at the end. Childishness. :lol:

But then the kids are in jail cells, in a prison, possibly with other kinds of inmates.

Look, I am fucking with you a little bit. But there are upsides and downsides to either approach and the reality is that temporarily separating the children (who may be, like, 30 years old sometimes) from the parents is not the end of the world and may indeed be no worse than not separating them. The truth is that they got themselves into a shitty situation, trying to enter a country illegally with kids and they got caught. There is no way to handle this that wouldn't make SJWs rage. That this thread never happened during Obama's far more frequent deportations is testament to something no matter how much you wish it wasn't.
Hong Wu wrote:But then the kids are in jail cells, in a prison, possibly with other kinds of inmates.
:roll: You mean with their parents.

The "Whatabout Obama" is no argument. We're dealing with what is happening NOW.
Godstud wrote::roll: You mean with their parents.

The "Whatabout Obama" is no argument. We're dealing with what is happening NOW.

Bro if it bothers you so much why aren't you using this free time in your retirement to help care for the Hmong who are facing deportation in a place physically near you? Do you think you're accomplishing something by posting on here all the time?
Hong Wu wrote:Bro if it bothers you so much why aren't you using this free time in your retirement to help care for the Hmong who are facing deportation in a place physically near you? Do you think you're accomplishing something by posting on here all the time?
Awww... am I annoying poor little you? It's all worth it if I can piss off asshole alt-right wingers, by posting here. :lol:

You have no argument so it becomes all about me, right? I'm flattered, but get back on the topic.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah, I like LSD. I brag about doing it. Why do you think mentioning this affects me in any way, guy who brags about listening to a radio dude who did so many painkillers that he made himself deaf? God, you are so dense.

Limbaugh doesn't brag about doing painkillers. You will probably make yourself a schizophrenic. By the way, I'm not God.

Stormsmith wrote:1. Where is Ivanka

I don't think anybody really cares. Why do you?

Stormsmith wrote:2. When lawyers launch lawsuits on behalf of these 2,000 kids for psychological damage who will pick up the tab,
Trump
The GOP
You

Sovereign immunity precludes the state paying anything.

Godstud wrote:Fucking irrelevant. We're discussing USA. 'Whataboutisms' are a pathetic tactic used by numpties.

We're not upset about Trump enforcing the law as written by Democrats. You're not upset about the genocide of the Myanmar Muslims taking place in the country next door. If you're not upset about Muslim getting genocided in the country right next to you, why would we find ourselves by the whiny little kids of illegal aliens making up bullshit asylum claims?

Godstud wrote:Yes, I know you care nothing for fellow human beings fleeing dire circumstances.

We aren't the cause of their problems, and we don't have a solution for them either--other than allowing Democrats to exploit them as off-books laborers, while calling everyone else racist.

Godstud wrote:Your right-wing racist brethren are right beside you on that.

That gives me the same warm creamy feeling that you get when you think about single-payer healthcare.

Godstud wrote:Some of us see that there are other options besides the least humane one.

Like maybe apply for asylum in Mexico, where they speak the language and have a much more similar culture they can assimilate into quickly...

Conscript wrote:What is that exactly? As far as I can tell, the alternative is just to let them all in.

Maybe he was thinking of deporting them to Laos or Myanmar...

Godstud wrote:Fine, they are incarcerated. Where is the harm in keeping the children with the parents? You have no argument against this logic.

Prisons aren't set up for families.

Hong Wu wrote:This entire thing looks like it could be a fake issue the MSM brought up and they even screwed it at launch by posting photos from Obama's administration, yet being SJWs they don't come up with a new plan, they just double down after basically giving people the counter argument. If they care so much, maybe they could be donating money or volunteering to some cause out there, not roleplaying hundreds or thousands of miles away. Just saying, this blind spot on taking personal action is kind of weird sometimes.

Well, don't clue them in on how stupid this is until after the November elections.

Godstud wrote:We're dealing with what is happening NOW.

You're not dealing with it. You're over in Thailand, where they are deporting the Hmong and Rohingya. We're dealing with it just fine.

Hong Wu wrote:Bro if it bothers you so much why aren't you using this free time in your retirement to help care for the Hmong who are facing deportation in a place physically near you?

He's just lazy. Warren Buffet is 87 and still kicking ass.
5 dead after SUV being chased by Border Patrol crashes
Looks like these folks weren't seeking asylum.

Boyd credited "good police work" for the reason why deputies started pursuing the vehicle.
Hong Wu wrote:If they have some kind of pressing health problem, my understanding is that they'll get treated. But if by "help" them you mean give them money/let them in, this encourages more to come in order to get the same treatment, so what he's talking about is indeed the issue.

If you were the average AMERICAN citizen I would say let them all in, we need as many as possible because obvs we're not doing a good job here.
@blackjack21 you know, maybe you should stop commenting on other threads that aren't regarding America, since you're an American, aren't you, and you shouldn't be opening your big fat mouth about other countries(and Tommy Robinson). Right?

You post is mostly off-topic shitheel talk. Toss off. :peace:
blackjack21 wrote:We aren't the cause of their problems

Progressives think Western imperialism is the sole cause of all the problems in the third world and wingnuts claim the West played no role at all in creating those problems. :knife:

and we don't have a solution for them either

Well that's just not true. Mass immigration isn't very a good solution, but there are many things that we could and should be doing to solve the problem.
This separating of young children from their parents is an indictment of United States and all it stands for. Without a doubt.

Laura Bush is a former first lady of the United States.

On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old.The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.
Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history.We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.

Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents — and to stop separating parents and children in the first place.

People on all sides agree that our immigration system isn’t working, but the injustice of zero tolerance is not the answer. I moved away from Washington almost a decade ago, but I know there are good people at all levels of government who can do better to fix this.

Recently, Colleen Kraft, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics, visited a shelter run by the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement. She reported that while there were beds, toys, crayons, a playground and diaper changes, the people working at the shelter had been instructed not to pick up or touch the children to comfort them. Imagine not being able to pick up a child who is not yet out of diapers.

Twenty-nine years ago, my mother-in-law, Barbara Bush, visited Grandma’s House, a home for children with HIV/AIDS in Washington. Back then, at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, the disease was a death sentence, and most babies born with it were considered “untouchables.” During her visit, Barbara — who was the first lady at the time — picked up a fussy, dying baby named Donovan and snuggled him against her shoulder to soothe him. My mother-in-law never viewed her embrace of that fragile child as courageous. She simply saw it as the right thing to do in a world that can be arbitrary, unkind and even cruel. She, who after the death of her 3-year-old daughter knew what it was to lose a child, believed that every child is deserving of human kindness, compassion and love.

In 2018, can we not as a nation find a kinder, more compassionate and more moral answer to this current crisis? I, for one, believe we can.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-con ... ry.html%3f
This is a very interesting topic I know nothing about. Unfortunately I have stopped swallowing Democrat/Liberal tears so I fear this thing is not so clear cut. Sure, the US has responsibility over its own borders, and separating children from their parents is frankly a bit appalling - but don't the parents have responsibility over their children?

Everyone demands immigration laws but when they're actually enforced, people complain.
Sivad wrote:The question is whether the laws are fair and humane, in my opinion they're neither.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions. June 16th 2018.
I would cite to you the Apostle Paul,
And his clear and wise command in Romans 13.
To obey the laws of government,
for god has ordained them for the purpose of...
Order

lol
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls Why do you think that? Would you h[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]