What do you think will be the outcome of the summit between Kim Jong-in and Donald Trump? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Ben Shapiro wrote:On Monday evening, President Trump met with North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un, the tyrannical overlord of a slave state with 25 million prisoners and a gulag system containing hundreds of thousands of human beings, a radical threat to world peace who has tested nuclear weapons and long-range missiles. Trump gave Kim the thumbs up; the American flag, the symbol of freedom in the world, was placed alongside the flag of North Korea, the closest thing to the Nazi swastika in the world today. Then President Trump praised Kim fulsomely, using verbiage to describe him that he would never use about our G-7 allies.

And the right celebrated.

There’s nothing to celebrate yet. Nothing. Here’s why.

That's exactly I'd expect from an American Conservative.

Then he makes and elaborates three points such as:

1. Trump Got No Serious Concessions From Kim.

2. Trump Legitimized Kim.

3. Trump Delegitimized America’s Actions In The Korean Region.
I'm not sure there's a lot of point in highlighting the flagrant hypocrisy of American conservatives, since hypocrisy has practically become a badge of honour for them in the last decade.

I actually think Trump deserves some credit for this summit, since it at least looks like an attempt at good-faith diplomacy. Criticising it as nothing more than a photo-op is strange, since I don't see how it's any worse in that regard than, say, a G7 Summit. But the media treat those as though they are events of monumental importance.

Lastly, anything that irritates Ben Shapiro can't be all bad. Every time he speaks I want to give him a wedgie and steal his lunch money.
Beren wrote:However, it would be defeatism, high treason and desecration of the flag if Obama did this:

Oh please.... This is no different to Nixon's diplomatic visit to China, it achieved a lot in hindsight.

Ben Shapiro is a neo-con Orthodox Jew, his opinion doesn't always count.
colliric wrote:Oh please.... This is no different to Nixon's diplomatic visit to China, it achieved a lot in hindsight.

Nixon visited China, whereas Trump kneeled down and kissed China's little proxy penis.

colliric wrote:Ben Shapiro is a neo-con Orthodox Jew, his opinion doesn't always count.

How is this sentence supposed to make sense and be an argument?
Last edited by Beren on 13 Jun 2018 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to expect, but I hope there can be a deescalation of tension and some steps toward North Korea coming into the fold. Trump is probably right in some sense that his bumbling tirades are less dangerous with our allies than with finger-on-the-trigger dictators. I have no confidence in Trump's ability to be a statesmen, but able statesmen haven't done much in this arena either. Maybe he's just the right type of fat idiot to reach a viable agreement with another fat idiot.

I'm cautiously optimistic :lol:
Red_Army wrote:I don't know what to expect, but I hope there can be a deescalation of tension and some steps toward North Korea coming into the fold. Trump is probably right in some sense that his bumbling tirades are less dangerous with our allies than with finger-on-the-trigger dictators. I have no confidence in Trump's ability to be a statesmen, but able statesmen haven't done much in this arena either. Maybe he's just the right type of fat idiot to reach a viable agreement with another fat idiot.

I'm cautiously optimistic :lol:

Well stated. You have to speak a language your adversary understands. As moral/intellectual theory proposes, you can not understand someone more than one position above you. You must address them on their level for effective communication. This is also why it is ridiculous to rationalize the actions of others based upon your understanding. This is a common mistake of the ‘well intentioned’.
Anyone remember how just a few months ago, they were fawning over Kim's sister at the Olympics and basically accusing Trump of bullying NK? They reversed on that stance pretty quickly.

Another good thing about this meeting is that even if nothing comes of it, it appears to be the case that Kim is now willing to hold meetings and negotiations, which may be an improvement in of itself.
Hong Wu wrote:and basically accusing Trump of bullying NK?

That is because he was. He isn't right now. Surprised that you can't process that he changed the situation, not "liberals"
I'll explain it for Zag to save myself some time. I'm not saying this was his personal position, but many liberals believe you can't bully bigots. So you find a pacifist Christian baker or something similar, their business gets taken away, re-education camp, etc. You find a dictator developing nuclear weapons etc., don't bully him, maybe because he's scary (similar behavior as to the Christian/Muslim double standard).

Trump isn't just a refutation of the left's competence, he's a refutation of that kind of cucked philosophy (if that isn't too grand a descriptor).
There is some truth in this ⬆️ and unfortunately it can only be demonstrated in language that will cause anger.
There is an aspect of the liberal agenda that is like an angry, scared, white boy who picks on the smaller white kids and trys to ingratiate himself to the Black kids because they scare him. A combination of intimidation and and appeasement that is based upon insecurity rather than the noble goals professed.
Atlantis wrote:Trump had this little video prepared to show to Kim on his iPhone.

Looks like Trump's vision of our future under the "two dictators."

Perhaps he is grooming Kim to be his successor. Kushner isn't fit for the job. :lol:

It's three dictators actually and Kim is not one of them, he's just an exceptional person and leader having the chance of making history with the POTUS.

The video is twice as long as it should be, but I'm sure Kim was being impressed.

Hong Wu wrote:OK then explain this to me, if NK is too bad to be worth talking to, how can it be wrong to "bully" them?

It's very simple, some people just may believe they should be left alone.
@Hong Wu Your post is whataboutism and contradicts what you and the rest of the pofo right have been saying for months.

Zag pointed out that Trump reversed his position on North Korea and you simply cited liberals reversing their position. That doesn't mean that Trump isn't a hypocrite. Pro-Trump people like yourself will justify his flip-flopping left and right just like anti-Trump people will justify their flip-flopping over and over. That doesn't make your hypocrisy less hypocritical.

Next you go on to glorify how Trump's "bullying" of North Korea is his legacy of "de-cucking" the left's worldview while the headline of this story is that Trump is coming to the table to talk to a murderous dictator. He did so with his thumb up and smiling. Again I think this is the right strategy, but its exactly the cuckplomacy you're decrying in your statement. Its more cucky than Obama's nuclear deal with Iran.

And finally your screed about the left being afraid to bully flies in the face of your complaining about Roseanne, that dipshit lawyer, and the dozens of other people you and the rest of the right complain that the left is viciously attacking.

You very succinctly embody the mental gymnastics and hypocrisy that Trump (and the rest of America's political swamp) rely on. You guys just look in the mirror of Democrat liberal hypocrisy and throw feces at your own reflection.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whats up with this strange idea that ukrainians ar[…]

@late the issue is evolution. It never stops. We[…]

Moscow empire has an elaborate culture of the so[…]

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]