The Post-Meritocracy Manifesto - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Unthinking Majority wrote:You have a problem with selecting employees based on merit rather than group identity like race, sex etc?

No, I don't care what criteria people use to decide with whom to interact and associate or not, that's up to everyone to choose for themselves, we aren't slaves, not yet anyway. What I do care about is saving my government and civilisation from becoming insane. A government that doesn't have better things to do than go around telling people who they must associate with is a government that is not functioning correctly. It's pretty far out totalitarianism actually. The next step would be the government to arrange our marriages (without our knowledge and consent), just breed us like a farmer breeds his livestock. That's what you commies are aiming for but you can't be allowed to succeed. Helicopter rides...

I've witnessed lots of arguments and debates that involved the right claiming the ultimate goal of the left is equality of outcome and the left laughing and calling the right crazy. Considering where we are heading, I'm not so sure if the claim was all that crazy.

What have the policies of privately run capitalist companies like penguin publishing in capitalist nations got to do with the left? :?: The Soviet Union would have stamped the shit out of this kind of thing. Communists didn't put the first man into space by hiring engineers based on their interpersonal skills. :lol:

Why do fascists like you insist on dishonestly debating by presenting the failures of centre right capitalism as the failures of the left?
The modern face of "communism" in the west isn't things like the Soviet Union (which became politically and perhaps socially defunct after awhile, it's apparently necessary to point out), it's academicians, college students and people in Silicon Valley who view every problem in terms of computer programming concepts.
It’s a combination of the two. A lot of companies have seen the wisdom of cross specialty groups.
A person with a doctorate in a field is the least likely to see ‘outside the box’. Yet, he will be the one to grasp and apply the new insight.
A group of people with a wide variety of expertise and IQ gives no preference to which one will create the spark. Variety is a valuable tool to be used by the experts.
Hong Wu wrote:The modern face of "communism" in the west isn't things like the Soviet Union (which became politically and perhaps socially defunct after awhile, it's apparently necessary to point out), it's academicians, college students and people in Silicon Valley who view every problem in terms of computer programming concepts.

You believe that Silicon valley businessmen are the face of the left? :lol: Next you will be claiming that Donald Trump is a left wing leader.
Decky wrote:You believe that Silicon valley businessmen are the face of the left? :lol: Next you will be claiming that Donald Trump is a left wing leader.

He is a left winger compared to me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

For a guy who expects me to know the difference between MPs and Lords even though I'm not from the UK, you are pretty brazen about how leftism in the US works :)

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]