Trump and the G6: A photo for the ages... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Atlantis wrote:..
PS: The real news is that it was Merkel's spokesman who deliberately selected this photo for publication. For Merkel ... this is a total 180 degree change of direction. ...

Not Merkel changed the tracks, but US-Trumpism. ;)
With Trump the "US-American Century" is probably over,
as well as transatlantic unity.
... except Canada. :p
(And that's probably why the present miscast of US-presidency spoiled mud over Trudeau in his unique style: per twitter.)
hartmut wrote:Not Merkel changed the tracks, but US-Trumpism. ;)
With Trump the "US-American Century" is probably over,
as well as transatlantic unity.
... except Canada. :p
(And that's probably why the present miscast of US-presidency spoiled mud over Trudeau in his unique style: per twitter.)

Canada will fall into line with the US, and if the US remains hectic Canada will be hectic too.
The G6 comment was more than a little silly because Japan probably wouldn't ditch the US over Russia being let back in. The, well, hate boner that western liberals have for Russia doesn't exist in most of the world.

Italy is also basically run by the alt-right by now, so it would really be the G4.
Beren wrote:Canada will fall into line with the US, ..

Could be vice versa, as US is struggling with a deep inner splitting.
In such a case little weight can change minds.
Canada cannot easily follow US without giving up their own balance.
The same can be said about recalcitrant California.
Cards are mixed now in a new way.
Outcomes are getting on brinks.
hartmut wrote:Canada cannot easily follow US without giving up their own balance.

What Canada cannot give up in the long term is its good relations to the US. So yes, Trudeau can make some impact on the US midterm elections perhaps, but if Trumpism turns out to be a long-term trend Canada will have to adjust to that.
blackjack21 wrote:

This is almost a perfect trace for a Norman Rockwell paining. Trump is clearly in command with people making demands of him and he's just sitting their undisturbed. If I had art skills, I'd be sketching this up on a canvas right now and getting ready to paint.

This is one for the ages... MAGA :rockon:

Proof that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Looks more to me that world leaders are trying to fathom a mental case.

Yes, one for the ages...…... :eek:

And I LOVE Bolton. Next to him Donald appears to be slightly less of a psychotic.
Hong Wu wrote:The G6 comment was more than a little silly because Japan probably wouldn't ditch the US over Russia being let back in. The, well, hate boner that western liberals have for Russia doesn't exist in most of the world.

Italy is also basically run by the alt-right by now, so it would really be the G4.

Yes, and the UK populace is also against its government. So you are basically seeing the fracturing of the establishment. It was very refreshing to hear Soros say that "everything that could go wrong has gone wrong."
jimjam wrote:Proof that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Looks more to me that world leaders are trying to fathom a mental case.

Yes, one for the ages...…... :eek:

And I LOVE Bolton. Next to him Donald appears to be slightly less of a psychotic.

“Please Donald, give me something.”
‘Nope”
Beren wrote:What Canada cannot give up in the long term is its good relations to the US. So yes, Trudeau can make some impact on the US midterm elections perhaps, but if Trumpism turns out to be a long-term trend Canada will have to adjust to that.

Yes.
Canada in that case, "if Trumpism turns out to be a long-term trend", will be probably sucked into it. And so will be other much more distant regions.
If Trumpism is to be trump in future, world will loose peace. And Canada will be an admired episode of better times, vanished in global turmoil.
Let us hope, and argue for, that this will not happen, and that is not to be our epitaph in the graveyard of our legacy.
Zagadka wrote:Regarding the other pics... Merkel posted the one where they are glowering at Trump herself. I'm pretty sure she knew which one was accurate for her.

I don't believe Merkel gets involved in the nitty-gritty of her PR team. It was her spokesperson who selected that picture for release.

As to the pictures selected by Trump, the only one that doesn't make him look bad is the one with his back to the camera.

He was reared to be a bully just like a pit-bull is reared to be an attack dog. He can't help it. It’ll always come across no matter how many pictures he selects.
Atlantis wrote:I don't believe Merkel gets involved in the nitty-gritty of her PR team. It was her spokesperson who selected that picture for release.

As to the pictures selected by Trump, the only one that doesn't make him look bad is the one with his back to the camera.

He was reared to be a bully just like a pit-bull is reared to be an attack dog. He can't help it. It’ll always come across no matter how many pictures he selects.

Pit bulls were not bred to attack people or weaker dogs. They were bred to be gladiators against competent opponents. Calling Trump a pitbull is a compliment. It is what a leader should be. Who wants to be led by a Shih Tzu?
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1007745343306584064

Top left image:

Trump tweets at 16. June in your link:
"I have a great relationship with Angela Merkel of Germany, but the Fake News Media only shows the bad photos.."
That is of course nonsense. He insulted her at almost every occasion and now 18. June, only two days later he tweets:
"The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition. Crime in Germany is way up."
And here we see what fake news is: Crime in Germany is not "way up".
It is simply a lie of Donald directed against the German Chancellor.
BS with a ferocity that brakes any diplomacy between partners.

But what you can see in all pictures of your Trump-tweet: One side Donald, other side all others.
Little wonder.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]