Manafort has now been imprisoned........ Will Trump be president in twelve months time? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Robert Mueller, who is investigating alleged Russian election interference, accused Mr Manafort of trying to tamper with potential witnesses before the trial.
Paul John Manafort Jr. is an American lobbyist, political consultant and lawyer. He joined Donald Trump's presidential campaign team in March 2016 and was campaign manager from June to August 2016..
Mr Manafort was accused of contacting people related to his case in breach of his bail terms.
The judge ordered him to be held in jail before his trial.
The judge said Mr Manafort had "abused the trust placed in you" and treated the court proceedings as "just another marketing exercise".
Mr Manafort's trial on charges of money laundering and illegal lobbying is due to begin in September.
The indictments are not connected with allegations of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign during the US election in 2016.
Mr Manafort is accused by prosecutors of laundering more than $30m (£22m) and failing to disclose his lobbying efforts to the Department of Justice.
His other trial - on tax fraud charges - is due to start next month.
If Mr Manafort is convicted, he faces years in jail.
Who was Manafort accused of contacting?
According to Mr Mueller's motion, Mr Manafort tried to reach witnesses who could be called to testify about unlawful lobbying that he allegedly carried out on behalf of Ukraine's previous pro-Russian government.
He is said to have made tens of millions of dollars from a campaign to bolster that government's reputation within Europe and the US, but not to have registered this work.
Prosecutors provided the judge with a summary of contacts they said were made with potential witnesses between February and April this year using encrypted text messaging apps.
The communications were an "effort to influence their testimony and to otherwise conceal evidence", FBI Special Agent Brock Domin wrote in a separate declaration filed to the court.
Mr Manafort's lawyers said in a response filed with the court that his "limited communications" did not "reflect an intent to corruptly influence a trial witness".
The response added that it was not a crime for Mr Manafort "to communicate his view to others, especially when he is not aware of who the Special Counsel may call as witnesses".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44500034
This is bad news, looks like they wont stop until Trump is humiliated in jail or dead. Trump is on the road to become the next Kennedy.

In the end all this will discredit democratic process in America; with this a new can of worms will open up, one which the establishment never wished it would have opened. We are all screwed, hard times are ahead. I just can not believe it, they are actually this stupid.
Yes, it's so stupid that they punish people for breaking laws. :roll:

You've already demonstrated that you care nothing for laws, or justice, @Albert, so I find it as no surprise that you'd be against this.

I hope they catch and imprison every criminal in Trump's entourage.
Suntzu wrote:If we put the politician in jail who broke the law, Washington would be empty.

More jingoistic bullshit. There are plenty of politicians who serve on both sides with honor and distinction. Those who seek to shade their way past the law by using their authority are a sad minority. That they are attracted to Trump indicates an affinity, take note.

Zam :smokin:
Zamuel wrote:More jingoistic bullshit. There are plenty of politicians who serve on both sides with honor and distinction. Those who seek to shade their way past the law by using their authority are a sad minority. That they are attracted to Trump indicates an affinity, take note.

Zam :smokin:
Self projection much?

It is the establishment that is hiding behind power; using the law and other means of the state to oppress the so called populist. It is unfair contest, which shows they are nothing but cowards who will be defeated in the end.
Albert wrote:It is the establishment that is hiding behind power; using the law and other means of the state.

Gee, some of us thought law and authority were supposed to be used to protect the public … "Not unless I say so" = Alberts Law.

Zam :eek:
It's funny how the right-wing conservatives balk when their SJW Tommy Robinson is jailed. Suddenly the very conservative rule of law, is unjust and unfair.

It's OK. Tommy Robinson is in a safe space.
What are you protecting the public from by jailing Manafort or Robinson?

All this is a sign of people who were defeated on intellectual grounds; who are now trying to suppress what is coming up. It is all downhill from here on.

Not only that, this shows to everyone, hey if you rebel against our order, this is what is coming to you. lol
Robinson? - Last year Robinson was given a suspended sentence for committing contempt during a rape trial in Canterbury, after he attempted to film the defendants. He had been told that he would go to prison if he broke the law again.

Robinson was arrested on Friday after broadcasting an hour-long video over Facebook from outside Leeds crown court. In the video he made comments that risked causing a trial to collapse. Robinson pleaded guilty to contempt of court. He was arrested, charged and sentenced within five hours.

Manafort? - The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Why do you hate the rule of law so much, @Albert? It's so... un-conservative of you.
Yea okay, tell that to someone who will buy into these trumped up charges. Rule of law is not using law to achieve ones' political means, especially to jail your political opponents. But hey I guess I should not be surprised, the establishment peddling to everyone how peaceful and good they are is all just that, lies.

In the end, my whole point is, this is bad news. We are all heading down a bad road. Nothing good will come out of this progressive (SJW) rage and abuse of power.
Albert wrote:Yea okay, tell that to someone who will buy into these trumped up charges.
Please provide evidence to prove this claim. Seeing as Tommy pleased GUILTY, it really makes the conspiracy theory of "trumped up charges", unlikely, to say the least.

Albert wrote:Rule of law is not using law to achieve ones' political means,
Prove that the judge was acting politically, and not simply enforcing a previous condition of Tommy's last charge.

Albert wrote:In the end, my whole point is, this is bad news.
No, it is not bad news. Criminals are being put in jail. Hurray for the rule of law, and justice!

Albert wrote:Nothing good will come out of this progressive (SJW) rage and abuse of power.
You have no evidence of this. You are ranting like a SJW, at this point. If you can prove that the judge is a SJW(and you won't) and that he wasn't simply upholding a past condition, I'll consider your argument logical and even rational. If you cannot prove this, then you're simply making an emotional plea.
Albert wrote:Yea okay, tell that to someone who will buy into these trumped up charges. Rule of law is not using law to achieve ones' political means, especially to jail your political opponents. But hey I guess I should not be surprised, the establishment peddling to everyone how peaceful and good they are is all just that, lies.

Wow, just WOW.!!
Do you have any evidence that the charges are trumped up or false? NO? I thought not.
So, this is just an opinion. As is an opinion that Hillary murdered dozens of people.

I know I'm biased. Do you realize that you are biased? No? I thought not.

I really don't follow your logic. Mueller was appointed Special Prosecutor [SP] by the Trump administration. I find the idea that there is conspiracy to create evidence, use that evidence to get a SP put in place, then use more fake evidence to charge the friends of Trump with crimes, and that actual judges go along with this; I find the idea that this is a conspiracy to be somewhat ridiculous. There are to many people involved who have too much to lose if the real truth ever came out.

D. Trump is wondering just why he can't get the administration to shut it all down. Neither he nor you understand the checks and balances system we have in America. The root of Trumps problem is that enough Repubs in Congress and maybe the Senate would be able to look at the real evidence and see that if Trumps fires the SP then he has to GO. It is as simple as that.

If this were not the case then Trump would just fire the SP and appoint one of his many exlawyers to replace him and his problems would all be solved. That he doesn't do this shows that he can't!! And the reason he can't is because (unlike you) there are a few Repubs in Congress who care about the truth, the rule of law, and the future of America.
You people honestly can't see the bigger picture here, so I will just say it for the last time. Take or leave it, conspiracy or not. I'm not interested in silly debate about fabricated charges that Manafort or Robinson face.

What is happening here is that the establishment lost the political debate. This is why liberal democracy has been established to begin with, so that such disputes that we are facing in modern world and political division will be resolved in political institution and in realm of public debate. So these differences will not boil over.

The system is beginning to break down right now. Mainly do to the efforts of progressives and establishment to subdue their "evil racist" opposition.

This is a game changer for everyone as they say in America. This is a totally new can of worms that is being opened up. You people in the future will wish for Trump to come back after all this.

I'm done here.

Edit: I just also want to add, there is a political historical shift that is happening in the west, and this not do to the "Russian meddling" or internet trolls, this is an actual shift that is actually long overdue. The establishment is fighting a natural phenomena that they can not subdue. They can not subdue mankind, justice or truth. That is what they are up against.

In fact what they are fighting against is their own wrongdoing; they have created a living hell and now they are trying to oppress the people who are fighting to liberate themselves from this nightmare.
Last edited by Albert on 16 Jun 2018 06:10, edited 2 times in total.
:lol: I understand completely. You have no evidence but you "feel" it's the truth.

My side, the one wanting law and order and justice, lost? How so? Tommy's in jail and Manafort will be, soon. Your idea of losing is very strange.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]