It's FASCISM, baby. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Most of your links have to do with war, in which every major country has committed acts of barbarism and war crimes that weren't always officially acknowledged, let alone punished. This would have been better if you had done research and posted about the CIA experiments on American civilians where they abducted/blackmailed average citizens, subjected them to interrogation and torture, often in combination with LSD and other drugs they were testing as truth serums, and in which some of the people forced to do those things were actually murdered by the CIA. It was so bad that the CIA itself destroyed their own records on the entire project, and what investigations into the matter have revealed, from some of the people known to be involved, means only a bit of the surface was actually scratched. There's also the American radiation experiments on women, pregnant women, and children without their knowledge, the Tuskegee Experiment, and so on.
Most of your links have to do with war
War crimes.

in which every major country has committed acts of barbarism and war crimes that weren't always officially acknowledged, let alone punished.
Except USSR? Why Russians didn't massacre Germans after victory? In revenge for Nazi crimes?
But even Nazi didn't made "trophies" from bones of killed enemies. Only Usans.
Even Nazi didn't use toxic chemicals to poison huge territories to fight guerillas. Only Usans.
This nation stands as exceptional in crimes both by quality and quantity.

CIA experiments on American civilians where they abducted/blackmailed average citizens, subjected them to interrogation and torture, often in combination with LSD and other drugs they were testing as truth serums
It's fascist state - my point exactly.

Nice example of cannibalistic "freedom" below.
► Show Spoiler
By One Degree
No doubt about it. The world would be paradise without the evil United States. Just look at how great it was before the US existed.
Rakshasa wrote:in which every major country has committed acts of barbarism and war crimes that weren't always officially acknowledged, let alone punished.
Except USSR? Why Russians didn't massacre Germans after victory? In revenge for Nazi crimes?

The list of Soviet war crimes is long: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

"Dr. Rüdiger Overmans believes that it seems entirely plausible, while not provable, that an additional German military personnel listed as missing actually died in Soviet custody as POWs, putting the estimates of the actual death toll of German POW in the USSR at about 1.0 million."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

"The massacre was prompted by NKVD chief Lavrentiy Beria's proposal to execute all captive members of the Polish officer corps, dated 5 March 1940, approved by the Politburo of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, including its leader, Joseph Stalin. The number of victims is estimated at about 22,000."
Katyn massacre was done by Nazi - it was proven long ago.
So called "Soviet war crimes" looks like standard Goebbels propaganda.

And I can't imagine horrible massacre like My Lai Massacre proven to entire world left unpunished.

The world would be paradise without the evil United States. Just look at how great it was before the US existed.
USA put entire human civilization on the verge of self-destruction.
By Rakshasa
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:"Dr. Rüdiger Overmans believes that it seems entirely plausible, while not provable, that an additional German military personnel listed as missing actually died in Soviet custody as POWs, putting the estimates of the actual death toll of German POW in the USSR at about 1.0 million."

Can you PLEASE compare mortality rate in German and Soviet prison camps?
Rakshasa wrote:Can you PLEASE compare mortality rate in German and Soviet prison camps?

Why? I'm not saying the Soviet Union was worse than the Nazis. I was pointing out your "except USSR" remark was bullshit. You started this thread to make the USA look bad, not the Nazis. Have you had to lower your standards so much that your only point is now "the USSR wasn't as bad as the Nazis"?

(And please don't 'double post' - if you have 2 or more people to reply to, do it in one post. See "Double Posts" here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=357 )
By Ter
Rakshasa wrote:What Gorby and Yeltsin admitted - has absolutely no value. Hope you understand why.

No, I do not understand.
There is no doubt that the Russians killed the Polish military elite.
By Crantag
The symptoms of fascism are informative and are good indicators, but it's also important not to overly focus on the symptoms. For the USA, the symptoms are present and so is the disease. Corporatocracy is basically just another word for fascism. It leads to all sorts of tyranny. The US is fascist as fuck.
By Zamuel
Crantag wrote:The US is fascist as fuck.

Not so. Essential aspects of facism are government control of industry, strict government control of banks, and repression of political activism. None of these factors are evident in America.

Militancy and social discipline are also strong under facism, but are extremely rare in the US.

Since the end of WWII, the USA has in fact been trending away from fascistic tendencies and the sponsors of fascist ideology have diminished from respected and educated public figures like Henry Ford to discredited and controversial personalities like David Duke.

At present openly fascist activities are rabidly opposed by both vocal and violent protest.

Crantag wrote:The US is fascist as fuck.

Whose comic book are you reading?

Zam :smokin:
By One Degree
Arguing about which label fits is silly. Does it matter what you call the current Oligarchy? Whether you label it fascism, communism, or liberal democracy does not change the reality, but the Oligarchy appreciates your distraction and ideological divisions. :)
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:Arguing about which label fits is silly. Does it matter what you call the current Oligarchy? Whether you label it fascism, communism, or liberal democracy does not change the reality, but the Oligarchy appreciates your distraction and ideological divisions. :)

Clear Vision really helps if you give a shit about where you're going.

Zam 8)
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:Clear Vision really helps if you give a shit about where you're going.

Zam 8)

What’s to see? All international ideologies end up with Oligarchy as it is the logical conclusion of the hierarchy needed to control vast numbers of people.
The only real alternative to all of these ideologies is autonomy.
By Crantag
Zamuel wrote:Not so. Essential aspects of facism are government control of industry, strict government control of banks, and repression of political activism. None of these factors are evident in America.

Militancy and social discipline are also strong under facism, but are extremely rare in the US.

Since the end of WWII, the USA has in fact been trending away from fascistic tendencies and the sponsors of fascist ideology have diminished from respected and educated public figures like Henry Ford to discredited and controversial personalities like David Duke.

At present openly fascist activities are rabidly opposed by both vocal and violent protest.

Whose comic book are you reading?

Zam :smokin:

I understand fascism as a bit the opposite. It's about corporate influence of government. Government for the corporation. Practically speaking, it is somewhat the inversion of communism, where the latter is based on government control of corporations, and banks.
By Zamuel
Crantag wrote:I understand fascism as a bit the opposite. It's about corporate influence of government. Government for the corporation. Practically speaking, it is somewhat the inversion of communism, where the latter is based on government control of corporations, and banks.

No, you "misunderstand" fascism, which has been around since before the Roman empire. Or you think you can "Redefine it" to suit yourself. Communist Corporations ... ? I guess you're now "Redefining" Communism to make it fit into your fantasy too. Whatever you -are- talking about?
"It ain't fascism , Baby" ...

I can only presume that you envision corruption as a form of legitimate enterprise. It's not, and it's not going to be. Wake up and look at the corrupt corporate structures falling all around you.

Zam 8)
By Crantag
Zamuel wrote:No, you "misunderstand" fascism, which has been around since before the Roman empire. Or you think you can "Redefine it" to suit yourself. Communist Corporations ... ? I guess you're now "Redefining" Communism to make it fit into your fantasy too. Whatever you -are- talking about?
"It ain't fascism , Baby" ...

I can only presume that you envision corruption as a form of legitimate enterprise. It's not, and it's not going to be. Wake up and look at the corrupt corporate structures falling all around you.

Zam 8)

This post is nonsensical. Mussolini described his credo as corpratist. But Orwell identified the trend back in 1946 whereby popular wisdom regressed to an understanding of fascism merely as 'something undesirable'. You are among the afflicted.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? For years you got a[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]