No one Believes in the Potential of the White Working Classes more than Western Leftists - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

A lot of people have written how the western left's crusades against white people and "whiteness" are actually a form of self-aggrandizement or narcissism since most western leftists are themselves white. But another implication of this must also be true. To believe that white people and "whiteness" (I'm not pretending to fully understand what they mean by that) are an existential threat to the world, it is basically necessary to assume that they are talking about working class white people since that group is their targets. As such, despite the steady stream of insults that western leftists direct towards that group, they must necessarily be completely convinced of the white working classes' potential, otherwise they would not be acting as they do. So what I found myself wondering is, should this be taken as a complement? If one looks passed the humility, it is in some ways a form of high praise.
Hong Wu wrote:A lot of people have written how the western left's crusades against white people and "whiteness" are actually a form of self-aggrandizement or narcissism since most western leftists are themselves white. But another implication of this must also be true. To believe that white people and "whiteness" (I'm not pretending to fully understand what they mean by that) are an existential threat to the world, it is basically necessary to assume that they are talking about working class white people since that group is their targets. As such, despite the steady stream of insults that western leftists direct towards that group, they must necessarily be completely convinced of the white working classes' potential, otherwise they would not be acting as they do. So what I found myself wondering is, should this be taken as a complement? If one looks passed the humility, it is in some ways a form of high praise.

Yeah it's a bit of a reversal on what they used to say last century which could be paraphrased as "oh you poor working class people you are so incapable of bettering yourselves you may as well just be our unpaid suicide troops and fight to create a new world order in which us bourgeoisie pseudo-intellectuals will rule over you instead of those pesky bourgeoisie". Now apparently they are courting a contradictory alliance of black people, Muslims, women and gays for this role.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]