How Commercial Media destroys our democratic choice - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

In the following quote, Jonathan Cook offers a list of the ways in which commercial media can destroy a politician's career if the elite doesn't feel comfortable with him/her.

In an article about how the media elite are trying to use anti-semitism smears to rid themselves of socially aware Jeremy Corbyn, Jonathan Cook wrote:The corporate elite weaponised anti-semitism not because they care about the safety of Jews, or because they really believe that Corbyn is an anti-semite. They chose it because it is the most destructive weapon – short of sex-crime smears and assassination – they have in their armoury.

So here, in order of tactics, is the list that Cook proposes, from mildest to strongest:

1. Accuse of anti-semitism

2. Accuse of sex crimes

3. Assassinate

Of course, I could have inserted a few milder lies that mass media could establish before going all the way to "anti-semitism smears," for example, the media could insinuate financial irregularities and marital infidelity.... before resorting to anti-semitism or sex-crime smears.

I think we have seen a huge increase of Strategy number 2 lately, in the form of MeToo#. Does this mean our elite felt the need to silence a lot of voices as of late?

Likewise, if the anti-semite smears don't stick, will Jeremy Corbyn next be accused of "fondling interns" or might it get much worse?

Do you think there are other media smears that I have missed?

soundtrack

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]