Steve Bannon Nails It - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Sivad
@ 38:10

He's absolutely right, if we don't rein in the technocracy and democratize and socialize emerging technology, sentient life is going to go into a very dark and demented living nightmare of an epoch like nothing the world's ever seen.
By Rancid
Sivad wrote:He's absolutely right, if we don't reign in the technocracy and democratize and socialize emerging technology, sentient life is going to go into a very dark and demented living nightmare of an epoch like nothing the world's ever seen.

I'm ok with this.
By Sivad
Rancid wrote:I'm ok with this.

The abomination of desolation should be a real hoot. :lol: You and Nick Land are all about it.

I misspelled rein in the OP :knife:
By colliric
Sivad wrote:The abomination of desolation should be a real hoot. :lol: You and Nick Land are all about it.:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(military_standard)

The military standard that the Roman Cavalry planted right on the destroyed Second Temple Holy of Holies...

For sure the "Abomination of Desolation" described by John. Good candidate is also the Emperor's Statue supposedly put there prior to the Temple's destruction.
By Sivad
skinster wrote:I prefer this.

Yeah, I don't think Bannon's populism is sincere, but he's right regardless and nobody on the left is talking about it.
By Sivad
colliric wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(military_standard)

The military standard that the Roman Cavalry planted right on the destroyed Second Temple Holy of Holies...

For sure the "Abomination of Desolation" described by John. Good candidate is also the Emperor's Statue supposedly put there prior to the Temple's destruction.

What Nick Land describes is the absolute desecration of life by the forces of technocapitalism culminating in the total annihilation of conscious intelligence and replacing it with an automated "machine-god idol" that will mindlessly replicate the processes of capitalism to the end of time.
By Rugoz
Meh, most populists are fake. They oppose technocracy as long as they're powerless. When they win the people are supposed to follow the "enlightened leader" without question.

It's fair to say though that liberal democracy needs new ways to include people in political decisionmaking. Party membership for example has been in decline for decades (in Europe). If liberal democracy becomes technocracy people might as well follow the "enlightened leader".
By colliric
Sivad wrote:What Nick Land describes is the absolute desecration of life by the forces of technocapitalism culminating in the total annihilation of conscious intelligence and replacing it with an automated "machine-god idol" that will mindlessly replicate the processes of capitalism to the end of time.

I know that. The Roman military industrial complex of the time technically did do the "Abomination of Desolation"(at least as described in the NT).
By Beren
He kicks off with a big fat lie: "I'm here in Europe principally to learn."

He's here in Europe principally to agitate, which is his profession nowadays. I wonder how much he manages to transform into a political thinker from campaign manager.
Sivad wrote:@ 38:10

He's absolutely right, if we don't reign in the technocracy and democratize and socialize emerging technology, sentient life is going to go into a very dark and demented living nightmare of an epoch like nothing the world's ever seen.

That was a very interesting video though that reporter was such a worm.

I don't think that a revival of democratic nationalism will help us survive the singularity much. Well it might help pockets of humanity survive but it won't prevent the singularity happening or help us control it. Come the singularity we are going to be a second class species like it or not and that is if we aren't wiped out entirely.
Beren wrote:Fans should also note it's typical of Trump that he fired Bannon most likely because, besides John Kelly, Ivanka insisted.

That may be but Bannon doesn't seem to hold a grudge though, so why would that be? He's a good soldier, with his eye on the bigger fight so he puts his personal concerns in second place. Trump isn't the ideal candidate, nobody is anyway, but he is from Bannon's perspective the best horse for his populist nationalist cause out of that which is available, so he will tank some infighting for the greater cause, I guess.
Last edited by SolarCross on 22 Sep 2018 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren
SolarCross wrote:That may be but Bannon doesn't seem to hold a grudge though, so why would that be? He's a good soldier, with is eye on the bigger fight so he puts his personal concerns in second place.

That may be true, and he also needs income. I wonder whether he broke up with the Mercers completely too or they (co)financed that interview. I'm sure he still holds a grudge though, he doesn't seem to forget easily.
Beren wrote:That may be true, and he also needs income. I wonder whether he broke up with the Mercers completely too or they (co)financed that interview. I'm sure he still holds a grudge though, he doesn't seem to forget easily.

Everyone needs income, what does that have to do with anything? Also I suspect Mercer doesn't need to pay euronews to interview Bannon, given euronews have an audience to sell to and their own agenda to push.
By Beren
SolarCross wrote:Everyone needs income, what does that have to do with anything?

It has a lot to do with everything. :lol:

SolarCross wrote:Also I suspect Mercer doesn't need to pay euronews to interview Bannon, given euronews have an audience to sell to and their own agenda to push.

It's either Bannon was paid for the interview or Euronews was paid for promoting Bannon, I find it unlikely that no one paid no one. ;)
Beren wrote:It has a lot to do with everything. :lol:

Let me know when your income is zero and I'll listen to you.

Beren wrote:It's either Bannon was paid for the interview or Euronews was paid for promoting Bannon, I find it unlikely that no one paid no one. ;)

I expect everyone involved also went to the toilet, breathed some air and drank some water. I expect everyone that day had their three square meals too. Any other fascinated insights we can draw from universal minutia? :lol:
Beren wrote:So which one do you believe to have happened? Euronews paid Bannon or the other way around? ;)

If that is all you have against Bannon that he was interviewed by a mainstream media outlet and may or may not have had someone else pay for lunch that day, then you have literally nothing.

What's next are we going to do ad hominem by counting his wrinkles? Follow him around all day counting his farts?

Jesus Beren get a grip? :lol:
Last edited by SolarCross on 23 Sep 2018 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

Since the 1960s the West has become blinded by 3 h[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]